Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would it take for Trump's base to abandon him
Shoot someone on 5th avenue 3 2.01%
Impeachment followed by prison sentence 8 5.37%
Repeatedly blame White and Christians for societal problems 20 13.42%
Nothing will make his base abandon him 118 79.19%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 07:24 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
What do you think of Reagan granting amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants?

This should be interesting, spin away

No spin at all. I opposed it. Reagan however believed the lying congress that the border would be secured. He lived to regret signing that amnesty.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:38 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
For Trump's base to abandon him.....it would take the other side becoming more palatable than Trump.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:44 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No spin at all. I opposed it. Reagan however believed the lying congress that the border would be secured. He lived to regret signing that amnesty.
Just as I suspected.

If Trump granted amnesty you'd probably claim that the lying congress and liberal media would build the wall

You'd also claim that Trump regretted it.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:57 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,769,797 times
It astounds me that when Richard Nixon resigned the presidency, in the face of almost certain impeachment and conviction, his approval rating among the public was 24% (How the Watergate crisis eroded public support for Richard Nixon | Pew Research Center ) Yep. Despite being the worst president in modern U.S. history, a quarter of the public still approved of him!

Some people will believe what they want to believe no matter what evidence is presented. Trump's core supporters are like that. Most of them will never abandon him.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
It astounds me that when Richard Nixon resigned the presidency, in the face of almost certain impeachment and conviction, his approval rating among the public was 24% (How the Watergate crisis eroded public support for Richard Nixon | Pew Research Center ) Yep. Despite being the worst president in modern U.S. history, a quarter of the public still approved of him!

Some people will believe what they want to believe no matter what evidence is presented. Trump's core supporters are like that. Most of them will never abandon him.
Messed up that 1/4th of the nation is either crazy or stupid.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:22 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Trump s base is in Russia.
He gives the appearance of being Putin s puppet.
His "Family " of Advisors are Russian operatives.
As long as he is in the White House he has a base to support him

Therefore, Nothing less than impeachment and imprisonment will cause him to lose his base.
No, I don't think even that would change how they feel, and would say "the Dems didn't give him a chance". They appear to be blind to the truth.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:38 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,769,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabbedByTheWaldo View Post
How can you call Nixon the worst president in modern U.S. history when we have our current feces thrower in chief?

Really Dear, you should read up on Nixon. Even that Mexican owned blog has some good information:

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...e-his-disgrace
Yes. I should have said the worst president in modern American history....up until now. I stand corrected. But let’s not get all mushy and nostalgic for Tricky Dick. IMO starting the EPA, signing Title IX, and opening up to China do not outweigh the fact the he was a mean, nasty, racist, anti-Semitic, anti-intellectual thug in a suit and tie who tried his best to undermine, if not destroy, electoral democracy here through criminal means. To hell with him.

Whether DT takes the title of worst modern US president remains to be seen. I just hope he doesn’t take the country down in the attempt.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:19 AM

459 posts, read 375,950 times
Trump and Reagan are the best of my lifetime. Sorry dems

Old 11-15-2017, 01:30 AM

472 posts, read 325,691 times
Quote:
View Poll Results: What would it take for Trump's base to abandon him
Do a flip flop on what he campaigned on. Arnold Schwarzenegger did this in California. So far Trump has been true to his word so I can't imagine abandoning him.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:50 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Just as I suspected.

If Trump granted amnesty you'd probably claim that the lying congress and liberal media would build the wall

You'd also claim that Trump regretted it.

What I said about Reagan was the undisputable truth. He never promised to not grant amnesty to illegal aliens during his campaign. No, it's not going to work that way with Trump as he made a campaign promise not to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. If he grants amnesty to them I will not vote for him again. Satisfied, or are you still going to put words in my mouth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies