Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 09:28 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Yep, you're right. That's all it takes. Whenever a man in a more senior position in any organization sexually bullies a woman, she'll "kick his ass." If that doesn't work, she'll call her daddy to come do it.

Problem solved. The end. Who knew it was all so easy? Silly us.
Yep. Men like Dark just don't get it. And harassment isn't only the overt stuff that everyone can see, which is the only kind he can probably conceive of. It comes in a million much more subtle ways he will never understand because he will never have to deal with it.

But every woman reading these boards gets it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 09:35 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Oooh, sounds like a pretty bad guy. If my daughter didn't kick his ass I might have to go and do it myself.
You think this is a joke? There are women out there, very dependent on their jobs, with families to support who can't physically fight back because they are SCARED of the fallout. And what about the women who do get fired and don't have the means to mount a lengthy lawsuit?

Repulsive.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:37 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jams14 View Post
yep. Men like dark just don't get it. And harassment isn't only the overt stuff that everyone can see, which is the only kind he can probably conceive of. It comes in a million much more subtle ways he will never understand because he will never have to deal with it.

+1

Old 11-12-2017, 09:39 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I get tired about hearing news like this. It should be personal between the two people who are dealing with it. What can anybody else do about it and how do we know it is the truth? Deal with it and keep it private.
We shouldn’t just hide this sort of thing. If we do, it just keeps happening and nothing changes.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:39 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep. Men like Dark just don't get it. And harassment isn't only the overt stuff that everyone can see, which is the only kind he can probably conceive of. It comes in a million much more subtle ways he will never understand because he will never have to deal with it.

Women have been dealing with crap from men and vice versa for millions of years. A decent balance of power has been achieved that has allowed civilization to flourish. Don't screw it up.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:40 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
“How dare people expose sexual predators! Those darn leftists.”

You people really don’t understand how horrible you sound sometimes.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:42 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Women have been dealing with crap from men and vice versa for millions of years. A decent balance of power has been achieved that has allowed civilization to flourish. Don't screw it up.
Says the man who is sitting comfortably on the side that still continues to hold the majority of the power. The balance hasn't been achieved...YET.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:45 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
" Is the Left planning something with this "sexual harassment" hype? "

I don't think it's a left / right issue, it happens to a lot of different people. I do know that I'm starting to suffer from burn out though.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:57 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
I can't wait for women to take control of everything so they can say ********* men who have taken advantage of us. And that's coming.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:09 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" Is the Left planning something with this "sexual harassment" hype? "

I don't think it's a left / right issue, it happens to a lot of different people. I do know that I'm starting to suffer from burn out though.
You know, in a way I agree with you. I'm getting sick of hearing about it, too. Because it is now FAR more about our obsession with celebrity than it is about increasing awareness of, and eliminating, sexual harassment.

Hollywood is full of sexist, control freak narcissists? This is news? Heck, most of the stuff Hollywood produces, even stuff highly reviewed and that we all are guilty of watching, is sexist tripe. So, no, none of this shocks me, and I think all the media attention it now receives reeks of dishonesty and manipulation.

How about we focus more on the sexual harassment and blatant sexism that average, ordinary women deal with every day? How about less media coverage and outrage about the lives of the rich and famous and far more on the sexual bullying that someone like the poor housekeeper at Motel 6, who desperately needs her job to keep a roof over her and her children's heads, has to deal with?

Only then will I believe the sincerity of all the public concern. I won't hold my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies