Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2018, 08:17 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They don't want to be informed, nor educated as the deal in falsehoods, and EMOTION. They have bought into the big government should control anything mantra.

More Gun Control is not about reducing violence by criminals using guns. It is purely about further control of the LAW ABIDING populace, and making them more dependent on government.

Twaddle. I've heard this paranoid gibberish for decades. Didn't buy it then, don't buy it now. Do you really think anyone with a brain believes this for a minute? I do understand that the Cult must keep exchanging and embellishing these positions to be able to make it seem like the whole gun-rights gubment-comin-ta-git-me fairy tale has some validity. Don't let us stop you.

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Believe me, I know better than to "argue" with a gun cultist. Or a Trump cultist. It's like debating something with a religious fanatic, or a toddler. What's the point in such a debate? Debates are only useful when both parties are willing and able to look at facts and science. Furthermore, debates are only useful where parties are willing to compromise. I don't see that happening anytime soon for most of the gun rights extremists here on C-D.
Yet you are here, with no idea who you are debating and no argument besides juvenile insults. That's cute.

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
yes.
Entering a citizen's home, to confiscate their weapons, both things which are protected by our Constitution, is A-OK with you?

Wow, just wow......

Old 02-16-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Outlaw AR-15s and similar weapons. That's a start. But only a start.

In the Heller case which affirmed individuals' right to have guns, Justice Scalia wrote for the 5 - 4 majority, the 2nd amendment is "not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."

States can outlaw these weapons. Maybe even the US government can. They can keep outlawing models until the threat to public safety is removed.

AR-15's killed the victims in Parkland, Orlando, Las Vegas, Sandy Hook, the Texas church. They have proven themselves to be unsuitable for use by the public.

Also, here are some good ideas from the NY Post, a Republican newspaper:

"Reinstate the federal assault-weapons ban..." Lapsed in 2004, bring it back. Since it lapsed, mass shooting have soared.

"Raise the age to buy firearms..." If you're too young to drink you're too young for a gun.

"Target bump stocks.." Remember the uproar from Las Vegas? Well, the gun nuts delayed and deferred until the control group wore out. As always. Bump stocks are still with us.

"Kill the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act..." This bill would allow people from concealed carry states to conceal carry in states where it's illegal. An act to spread stupidity as wide as possible.

These are reasonable measures. No one should have a gun as dangerous as AR-15. Even wanting one is evidence of serious mental offness and should disqualify a person from having one.
I think you meant to say "until all guns are outlawed." Because we all know that's the end game for gun grabbers.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Do whatever is necessary to make it uncommon. Sue the gun maker, sue the gun merchants. Tax it, tax its ammunition. Tax them higher. Make is owner recertify his license monthly. Then weekly. What ever it takes.
Look up "shall not be infringed." I'll wait.

What will be the outcome of your gun grab exactly? That only criminals will own guns?

Old 02-16-2018, 08:22 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Yet you are here, with no idea who you are debating and no argument besides juvenile insults. That's cute.
Well, I don't come here often. But I always like to learn the way other people think, even those that I disagree with totally. Part of the reason for being here is to draw out what REALLY makes the gun rights extremists tick. What truly motivates them to take such crazy positions? The more you dig, the more you learn. What's that old adage? "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Old 02-16-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous. Chainsaws are tools. Guns are weapons. Only an idiot would confuse the two.

Maybe we should ban flicks like "The Texas Chainsaw Murders." Evidently people can't handle them.

You'd agree a hammer is a tool, right? Yet hammers are used to kill people all the time.

You'd agree an artillery piece is a weapon, right? Well, they use them here in Utah every winter to preempt avalanches around the ski resorts.

Shades of grey my friend... a weapon is merely a tool used to harm of force your will on another person. It's not the TOOL, it's HOW YOU USE IT.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Well, I don't come here often. But I always like to learn the way other people think, even those that I disagree with totally. Part of the reason for being here is to draw out what REALLY makes the gun rights extremists tick. What really motivates them to take such crazy positions? The more you dig, the more you learn. What's that old adage? "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
I've found you don't learn much if you just go in to reinforce your preconceived notions. Just sayin'

Old 02-16-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
Which constitutionally protected rights do you deem worth human life?
ALL of them. It's worth the price of freedom, and many, many human lives have been sacrificed for those freedoms.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:28 AM

764 posts, read 234,924 times
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by that, but I think that you are acknowledging that what I was saying is true. Extremist gun right advocates KNOW that the ready availability of weapons of mass/rapid lethality like the AR-15 is directly correlated to the exponential increase in mass shooting casualties, but they believe that their 2A amendment rights are so vital that they are willing to accept these deaths as a necessary price to pay to maintain those rights. Furthermore, they understand clearly that the odds are good that THEY are unlikely to be affected by one of these shooters.
It is a simple question. What constitutionally rights do you believe are worth sacrificing human life to protect. From your positions here I must assume that your 2nd amendment right is not one. I am just trying to gain some perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies