U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 10:10 AM

16,824 posts, read 8,660,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
The CDC says minimum 500,000 legal defensive uses of firearms every year. How many of those lives are you willing to sacrifice to push your politics on people who don't want them? I know, liberals know what's best and those lives don't matter.
The Left will just continue to ignore this fact, stick their fingers in their ears, and yell La, La, La, La, La. Just like the little children they are.

22,730 posts, read 16,188,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I rarely use the term never and yet it is my belief 38 states will never ratify the repeal of the 2nd. Can't imagine 38 states agreeing to much of anything.

That has not however prevented gun advocy groups from using propaganda to sustain the fear it will happen if they take their eye off the ball.
I never thought I'd see any sort of marijuana legalization in my lifetime.

I've learned to never say "never."

These kids, particularly the survivors like those in Florida and Nevada who have seen first-hand what happens to the human body during one of these attacks, are a force to be reckoned with.

Many are already old enough to vote and there are a lot of them.

If they continue to mobilize, they will be unstoppable.

GO them!

3,649 posts, read 2,456,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Vastly more lives are saved by people with guns than are lost.
Source? Make it one that isn't the NRA or NRA-affiliated.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:14 AM

16,824 posts, read 8,660,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Source? Make it one that isn't the NRA or NRA-affiliated.
Like the CDC? The NRA can't put out false facts, as there are so many leftist opponents that scrutinize their content that it would have come out their info is false LONG AGO. The NRA prints stories about good guys and women, stopping criminals with a gun every month in "American Rifleman". The cite their sources, and they are never called out on printing lies, because all the stories are true.

5,323 posts, read 1,981,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Keep letting massacres occur more frequently and it'll happen. Right now people like their guns over other people's lives still.
It won't. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
There is a seismic shift building largely because the NRA and other pro-gun groups are so recalcitrant about enacting sensible gun laws that there will come a time where the anti-gun movement will explode. When it does the NRA and pro-gun legislators will scramble to pass gun restrictions, but by then it will be too little, too late.
It won't. You don't understand how guns are legally defined and regulated; general legal mechanics which are shared by everything that is regulated. See below.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/51074117-post83.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/51074232-post88.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Chicago has some of the toughest gun control laws in the country. How's that working out?

Lack of laws is not the problem, and neither is the NRA. They can put a million more laws on the books but it serves no purpose if there is no enforcement.

Taking guns away from responsible citizens only leaves guns in the hands of the criminals who don't care about laws anyway. This is the point the easily mortified liberals don't understand. The easily mortified liberals don't have a clue as to what they're rallying against or what kind of a solution is practical and workable.
Seriously?

The high school kids who saw the carnage WITH THEIR OWN EYES don't have clue as to what they are rallying against?

Honestly, no one can be that simple-minded, can they?

Unbelievable.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:15 AM

9,420 posts, read 17,405,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This veteran has an interesting view point. Excuse the language in the title......https://agingmillennialengineer.com/...i-like-guns-2/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Seems like the article is gone...
I found it. https://agingmillennialengineer.com/...i-like-guns-2/

Great article. I'd read it before and was looking for it again, so thanks to Moneill.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:16 AM

4,279 posts, read 4,064,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I never thought I'd see any sort of marijuana legalization in my lifetime.

I've learned to never say "never."

These kids, particularly the survivors like those in Florida and Nevada who have seen first-hand what happens to the human body during one of these attacks, are a force to be reckoned with.

Many are already old enough to vote and there are a lot of them.

If they continue to mobilize, they will be unstoppable.

GO them!
You seem to be encouraging people to vote on their emotions when voting on principle is more practical. For example, my sister was a crack addict. Emotional thinkers would expect me to support more drug laws. I consider all federal drug laws unconstitutional. What I feel about my sister's death does not factor into my principles.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:19 AM

I was reminded over the weekend that President Reagan was surrounded by professional good guys with guns when he was shot.

Funny how that is so often forgotten/ignored.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:20 AM

3,649 posts, read 2,456,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
You seem to be encouraging people to vote on their emotions when voting on principle is more practical. For example, my sister was a crack addict. Emotional thinkers would expect me to support more drug laws. I consider all federal drug laws unconstitutional. What I feel about my sister's death does not factor into my principles.
Why are you projecting that they are voting on emotions? I'm pretty sure that these are these kids' principles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or