U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
2,716 posts, read 1,169,004 times
Reputation: 1683

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This is exactly it. I wonder if one can research when the direction to raise children went to the let's be friends vs a parent, everyone is a winner, type of parenting started and when these types of tragedies did.


Mental illness is nothing new, the way kids are being raised has changed in the last 20 years. That is what needs to be focused on. Do we want to really end this type of thing or just put a band aid on it so we can feel good ?
So because the kids you raised act differently than what you assumed they would act, now you want to change them?

If you want to get treated like an adult yourself, then have some respect for people who thinks differently than you. "Kids" are also adults too, they have their own brain and think on their own feet. Either respect it be ignored. Until then, nobody should even listen to you. Why bother.

 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:43 AM
 
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
2,716 posts, read 1,169,004 times
Reputation: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You started out with an insult , which in my mind puts anything you say as irrelevant. Want a decent debate, act like an adult.
Then don't start out with a stupid argument. Does it take a genius to figure out, less guns overall = less killings?

That's like saying, let's have less seatbelts in cars because we can't prevent all car crashes anyways. So who cares about the seatbelts, I WANT FREEDOM!!!
 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:45 AM
 
Location: San Diego
34,874 posts, read 31,924,592 times
Reputation: 19350
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Government can give you a financial penalty at first say $250 if you violate the buyback. 2nd harsher penalty (1K). 3rd. Go to jail. Most people will comply.

Same as how the GOP passed tax reform. Put it on the credit card and find a way to pay for it later...

Don't give me the excuse now that all of a sudden we need this to be paid for without deficit spending.
Hardly any guns are registered. How would they find them? This is the exact same problem the Govt has with illegals. How can they round up what they know exists but cannot find.

I am being serious. If someone were to cut me a check what account does it come out of. What name is on it.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
2,716 posts, read 1,169,004 times
Reputation: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hardly any guns are registered. How would they find them?
You wouldn't need registration. If people are penalized for not turning them in (especially jail time), most will turn them in. Some will hide them of course. But most guns will get off the street quickly. That's a pretty good improvement to say we drop the number of guns by 80-90%.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:48 AM
 
Location: San Diego
4,964 posts, read 1,346,514 times
Reputation: 3547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
YOU have pointed out. Well whoop-di-do!
And no one has been able to refute it. Including you. Just flap your hands and make silly sounds as you do here.

Quote:
Man y drugs have been ILLEGAL for DECADES.
Did police go door to door, confiscating all drugs nationwide, as I described for guns?

You did know that's what we are talking about, right? You read the post I quoted, didn't you?

 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:50 AM
 
10,085 posts, read 6,217,990 times
Reputation: 5692
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Banning AR 15s wouldn't stop all mass shootings but it would reduce the death rates. With a regular hunting gun at least after a handful of rounds victims would have a chance to run or attack the attacker. AR 15 can hold huge numbers of rounds and kill from long distances. There's a reason it's the gun used by military in war zones.

Wrong on many parts there. But carry on, debating something you have no clue of.....it's fun to read.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
7,961 posts, read 2,730,199 times
Reputation: 4271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Will they all stop? No. But making weapons that are designed to kill mass number of people in second difficult to get will stop some of them. Just like requiring seatbelts didn't stop all traffic fatalities and outlawing drugs doesn't stop the drug trade. But we don't just throw up our hands and say, "Oh well, we can't stop them all so we won't even try."

If it stops just one mass shooting, it will be worth it. How much is the life of a child worth to you?
The AR15 will not "kill mass numbers of people in a second".

This kind of ignorant hyperbole is why we can't have an honest discussion about guns and gun rights.

The people who scream the loudest about gun control are all too often ignorant or even purposely misleading about the facts.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:51 AM
 
Location: San Diego
4,964 posts, read 1,346,514 times
Reputation: 3547
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
A ban on semi automatic weapons is the correct decision. Fat losers go hunting with semi autos because they are to stupid to practice with regular rifles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Fat losers? I'm 66, and I guarantee you I'll walk you in the ground day after day after day. You pick the terrain.

I don't care if your 20, 30 or any other age. I have a semi-auto shotgun, for duck/goose hunting.
normstad, please don't feed the trolls.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:52 AM
 
Location: The Windy City
5,300 posts, read 3,259,672 times
Reputation: 4506
Not at all. Mass shooters will just use handguns instead. Then of course the anti-gunners will come after handguns. Rinse and repeat until we are left with revolvers and single shot 22s.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 09:53 AM
 
10,085 posts, read 6,217,990 times
Reputation: 5692
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
So because the kids you raised act differently than what you assumed they would act, now you want to change them?

If you want to get treated like an adult yourself, then have some respect for people who thinks differently than you. "Kids" are also adults too, they have their own brain and think on their own feet. Either respect it be ignored. Until then, nobody should even listen to you. Why bother.

What are you talking about ? If you haven't seen a change in society and how much of it points to how kids , yes kids, are being raised to handle real situations in life then you are blind...that or you haven't put down the Xbox controller and come out of the basement to see the world around you in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top