U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:28 AM
 
6,062 posts, read 3,106,117 times
Reputation: 4096

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
If we got rid of 95% of the guns, would that be qualified as "all"? Or does it in your head mean that we have to get 100% of the guns, even from the black market.

95% would qualify as "all" in my mind, as most won't have one.
Lol. No one is turning in their guns. Within 10 or 20 years another 100 million will be sold which will bring the total to a half Billion guns!

Wooohoooo

 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:28 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,182 posts, read 32,161,514 times
Reputation: 19742
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Again, 20.1% of the population has it. That's very low already. Just because a small amount of people own a large amount of guns doesn't mean it's impossible to get that ownership rate lower.

Of course but if the end goal is a complete disarming of the population those numbers appear pretty intimidating for law enforcement. Do we create new task forces to do this or simply implement existing law enforcement agencies.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Planet Telex
4,658 posts, read 2,292,592 times
Reputation: 4382
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
I would love for some liberal snowflake try to come to my door and take my gun. it would end quiet ugly.
I'm sure that liberal snowflake would know how to spell the word "quite" though.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
8,106 posts, read 2,779,766 times
Reputation: 4363
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Shouldn't our attitude be that if only life is saved from passing stricter gun laws than it is worthwhile?

Shouldn't that be the standard?
The problem with that "logic" is that you can use it to justify anything.

Only a small percentage of people who drive a car ever drive while intoxicated.

But we could save thousands of lives every year if we just banned cars...

Or alcohol.... (wait we already tried that.....didn't work out too good did it?)

I KNOW...... let's just ban fast cars and hard liquor.......

The "assault weapons" of choice for the drunk driver!!!!
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
2,717 posts, read 1,182,329 times
Reputation: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Of course but if the end goal is a complete disarming of the population those numbers appear pretty intimidating for law enforcement.
With enough time, it can be done. How many guns would you turn in if the government decided to give you 2K for each handgun? How about 3K? There's always a way to incentivize without having law enforcement going door to door strip searching.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:32 AM
 
Location: PSL
8,231 posts, read 2,203,274 times
Reputation: 2936
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
If we got rid of 95% of the guns, would that be qualified as "all"? Or does it in your head mean that we have to get 100% of the guns, even from the black market.

95% would qualify as "all" in my mind, as most won't have one.
I'll help.

I'll give you a 25 dollar gift card to Starbucks for every rifle pistol shotgun and box of ammo and make sure your house is a Gun free, gun safe zone. I'll even leave a sign on your front yard to display that your house is a gun free zone to proudly display your property is gun free too.
ITunes cards for ammo and accessories. Amazon cards for bump stocks.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
8,106 posts, read 2,779,766 times
Reputation: 4363
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
If we got rid of 95% of the guns, would that be qualified as "all"? Or does it in your head mean that we have to get 100% of the guns, even from the black market.

95% would qualify as "all" in my mind, as most won't have one.



"Most" gun owners aren't criminals or mass shooters.

In fact the overwhelming majority of gun owners are probably among the most law abiding people in the country.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Formerly Pleasanton Ca, now in Marietta Ga
5,466 posts, read 4,094,118 times
Reputation: 7268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
2nd Admin fanatics are so quick to get riled and quip 'from my dead, cold hands" ... but seldom if ever do they have any solution or even positive input on how to keep our children safe in schools.
There have actually been many suggestions. I've seen metal detectors, armed presence in a school to,protect the kids, trying to make it so people with mental issues are checked up on etc. suggested all over this forum. most anti gunners like yourself don't like any of the solutions and only want what you want. Funny thing is most of the time anti gunners will only respond to those suggestions with "ban guns"
But people like you say incorrect blanket statements because instead of working together you would rather try win your point of view absolutely rather than solve the problem of innocent deaths
After a while 2nd amendments get tired of talking to mindless parrots.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
2,717 posts, read 1,182,329 times
Reputation: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
"Most" gun owners aren't criminals or mass shooters.

In fact the overwhelming majority of gun owners are probably among the most law abiding people in the country.
So? It's the same argument as the seatbelt laws. Why have seatbelt or traffic laws then? We obviously cannot prevent every crash from happening and "most" are law abiding citizens who follows them anyways.
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:37 AM
 
Location: PSL
8,231 posts, read 2,203,274 times
Reputation: 2936
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Stupid comparison. You cannot control what people do nor read other people's minds. You can control what they can get their hands on if they want to commit something bad...
So ban everything people misuse?

Is that the logic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top