Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 06:51 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
A pump action shotgun that hold 8 rounds, you can empty the tube in 4 seconds easy.

Tacitcal reloads (putting one shell in the chamber from the side) takes about 1-2 seconds for someone with a little practice.

Reduced recoil loads are available and still incredibly powerful, but pain from recoil probably wouldn't be much of an issue for a shooter in that situation....adrenaline works wonders.

There aren't many weapons that can equal the potential devastation of a 12 guage pump shotgun in close quarters.
We'll see. Ban AR-15s and see what happens. It can't be worse. If these guns were so great the mass murderers would have already used them. That they almost exclusively use AR-15s should tell you something.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:53 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
This is very nice but they should still ban AR-15s. That wouldn't conflict with any of these pious utterings.
And what good would that do? Almost any hunting rifle or almost any handgun could be used instead.
The gun is NOT the problem. And I don't even own an AR 15.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:56 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Be that as it may, your use of liberalspeak like "foaming at the mouth gun humpers" belies your lack of ability to communicate in a meaningful or rational fashion with those who you disagree with.

Gun owner or not.
I'm not referring to rational gun owners like myself (the majority) I'm referring to the unhinged posters who sheik and wail that we are trying to take their guns. These folks make up the minority of gun owners in America,. but the majority of the pro gun crowd on this forum.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:59 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Sure.. you can own them.

BUT;
  • You must safely store them.
  • They must have trigger locks.
  • Restrict magazine capacity, including on .22's.
  • Waiting time of 3-5 days to allow for background checks (and minimize purchases for suicide reasons).
  • Require training for purchase of any other than single shot firearms.
And I can think of a number of other positive gun control measures that would make sense. BTW, I own over 10 guns, as does my son. We understand this issue well.
"You must safely store them."

So, when the bad guys break to your house you have find the key in the dark to find your "stored gun BEFORE they get to you.

"They must have trigger locks"

Fumbling with a trigger lock in the dark delays EVEN MORE time you have to confront your intruders.

"Restrict magazine capacity, including on .22's."

Being they are criminals they do NOT obey the laws, so if say, 2 guys break into your house and EACH have 9mm with 15 round mage, you want the ret of us to have less.

I feel for your family.

"Waiting time of 3-5 days to allow for background checks"

There are TRUE stories where battered women who have filed papers and getting restraining orders denying the boyfriends/ex-husbands etc,contact have been KILLED while waiting the 3 days for their guns.

"Require training for purchase of any other than single shot firearms."

I am OK with this as long as you exempt veterans or active duty military, ex-police etc.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:00 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Since the AR-15 was used at Parkland, Sandy Hook, Las Vegas, Sutherland, I say they go down.

The AR-15 is the mass murderers's favorite weapon. It isn't good for much except killing a lot of people quickly. That's what it's designed for.

So an AR is more deadly than a Ruger Mini-14, Ranch 14, Remington 700 DS, M1 Garand , Mossberg 590M shotgun and many other semi auto mag fed rifles and shotguns ?

Are you meaning to say, you want all semi auto mag fed rifles and shotguns to be banned ?

Old 02-21-2018, 07:00 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Why is it that the pro gun crowd continually resorts to "banning" all assault rifles? Why can't we arrive at a compromise where restrictions are placed on their purchase? I am not calling for them to be banned, nor have I ever called on them to be banned. I want to make it difficult for you, me, or someone like Cruz to be able to buy one.
You are not going to stop criminals from getting one.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:05 AM

29,443 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
It's much slower to shoot and hurts the shooter if you shoot too much at one time. At least it did me.

All we have to do is make the child murder's task more difficult. Not impossible because nothing is impossible. Just don't make it so easy for him. Given that all these mass killers used AR-15s or similar, that's where we should focus.
The reason the AR is used is because it is in all the movies and video games and they are just popular. If someone was determined to take out as many people as they could, I would think much more damage would be inflicted using two Kel Tec KSG shotguns, then having 4 Kel Tec PMR 30 handguns on a chest rig.

For those that have shot an AR, using a legal length one in close quarters wouldn't be the easiest thing to do.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:06 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So an AR is more deadly than a Ruger Mini-14, Ranch 14, Remington 700 DS, M1 Garand , Mossberg 590M shotgun and many other semi auto mag fed rifles and shotguns ?

Are you meaning to say, you want all semi auto mag fed rifles and shotguns to be banned ?
Why not? When it comes to hunting and personal/home protection, is the usefulness of a weapon like an AR-15 over a a firearm with a lower capacity magazine really worth making such weapons ubiquitous on the street and in the hands of nearly anyone who wants them?

Old 02-21-2018, 07:12 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Every time there is a mass shooting we hear the same dogma over and over.

Some day, one of these idiots with an AR15 will find out how easy it is to modify to full auto with a belt feed and decide his "record" will be the best.

And again, everyone will chant their dogma.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:14 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You are not going to stop criminals from getting one.
You should be more specific: You are not going to stop all criminals from getting one.

You will, however, stop some criminals from getting one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies