Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 07:14 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Every time there is a mass shooting we hear the same dogma over and over.

Some day, one of these idiots with an AR15 will find out how easy it is to modify to full auto with a belt feed and decide his "record" will be the best.

And again, everyone will chant their dogma.
And you will ban the AR 15 and someone will do the same thing with any of the other 100s of semi auto rifles that date back 130 years.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:16 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Why not? When it comes to hunting and personal/home protection, is the usefulness of a weapon like an AR-15 over a a firearm with a lower capacity magazine really worth making such weapons ubiquitous on the street and in the hands of nearly anyone who wants them?
So it's the magazine capacity that is an issue. Okay, go after those then. Keep in mind all the firearms are mentioned have 20, 30 or more round magazines available. Also with a little duct tape and some ingenuity a 10 magazine becomes a 20.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:17 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You should be more specific: You are not going to stop all criminals from getting one.

You will, however, stop some criminals from getting one.
Not if they really want one. There are millions of semi auto rifles In this country that basically function the same.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:17 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
and.......what is preventing a black market for illegal guns?
recreational drugs are illegal and that is not stopping people from doing them.

duh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Here's the real logic: Ban all guns.

Ding ding ding bigger winner.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:18 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
We'll see. Ban AR-15s and see what happens. It can't be worse. If these guns were so great the mass murderers would have already used them. That they almost exclusively use AR-15s should tell you something.
The flaw in this logic is that people think that shootings will stop if they ban the AR15.

It's not the existence if the AR15 or similar weapons that is causing these shootings.

Semi Automatic weapons have been in common ownership since 1911.

But these mass shootings were very rare until recently.

AR15.....shotgun or revolver...... if someone walks into an unarmed classroom or other gun free zone intent on killing people, those people are as good as dead regardless of the weapon used.

If someone kills 10% less kids next time because they used a shotgun instead of an AR15
......are you going to be 10% less outraged?

Old 02-21-2018, 07:19 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You must safely store them."

So, when the bad guys break to your house you have find the key in the dark to find your "stored gun BEFORE they get to you.
I have never worried about a "bad guy" breaking into my house, either the one in the middle of the prairies in rural Alberta, or my condo in Florida. In fact, I rarely lock my doors in either case. My guns are safely stored.

Quote:
"They must have trigger locks"

Fumbling with a trigger lock in the dark delays EVEN MORE time you have to confront your intruders.
You are thinking from fear. I refuse to live my life that way, I have always refused to live my life that way, and never even come close to a situation where I felt a firearm for protection was needed.

Quote:
"Restrict magazine capacity, including on .22's."

Being they are criminals they do NOT obey the laws, so if say, 2 guys break into your house and EACH have 9mm with 15 round mage, you want the ret of us to have less.
Again, you are operating from the perspective of fear. How sad.

Quote:
I feel for your family.
They all know how to shot and use their guns, safely.

Quote:
"Waiting time of 3-5 days to allow for background checks"

There are TRUE stories where battered women who have filed papers and getting restraining orders denying the boyfriends/ex-husbands etc,contact have been KILLED while waiting the 3 days for their guns.
Have any links for this?

Quote:
"Require training for purchase of any other than single shot firearms."

I am OK with this as long as you exempt veterans or active duty military, ex-police etc.
Cool, we agree. Bet we could find more agreement if we set aside preconceived thoughts.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:21 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The flaw in this logic is that people think that shootings will stop if they ban the AR15.

It's not the existence if the AR15 or similar weapons that is causing these shootings.

Semi Automatic weapons have been in common ownership since 1911.

But these mass shootings were very rare until recently.

AR15.....shotgun or revolver...... if someone walks into an unarmed classroom or other gun free zone intent on killing people, those people are as good as dead regardless of the weapon used.

If someone kills 10% less kids next time because they used a shotgun instead of an AR15
......are you going to be 10% less outraged?
Maybe you should ask the parents whose children fall within the 10%.

I have to say, yours is a disgusting and soulless post. You dismiss the lives of children as if they were nothing by framing it in terms of outrage? As I said, disgusting.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:22 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
So an AR is more deadly than a Ruger Mini-14, Ranch 14, Remington 700 DS, M1 Garand , Mossberg 590M shotgun and many other semi auto mag fed rifles and shotguns ?

Are you meaning to say, you want all semi auto mag fed rifles and shotguns to be banned ?
The LEFT is ignorant about firearms. They want ALL firearms banned. That is the reason for registration, and universal background checks. Well, they aren't going to get them. They have failed, and will fail again. The RKBA is a basic natural right, upheld by the Constitution, and Supreme Court. The AR-15 is a Common Use firearm. It isn't going anywhere. Either are the semi auto AK clones, M1 Carbine, SKS, M1 Garand, Ruger Mini 14, and the plethora of other semi auto rifles, shotguns, and pistols.

This story is already leaving the front page. By Friday, nobody will care anymore.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:24 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Every time there is a mass shooting we hear the same dogma over and over.

Some day, one of these idiots with an AR15 will find out how easy it is to modify to full auto with a belt feed and decide his "record" will be the best.

And again, everyone will chant their dogma.
I already posted instructions on how to make an AR full auto. Here's your belt fed upper - https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod86793.aspx

Old 02-21-2018, 07:25 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times
- 'shall not Infringe'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies