Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 07:19 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
For some its follow up shots for bird or other game. Is that a crime?
Most military prefer pump, and practice practice practice, more than you can imagine to be very fast and efficient.
And some semi autos are softer recoil, like a Benelli. Nice shotgun.
To me, it's a crime to shoot birds and other game to hell. But, that's just me. The game is
not for food, but for sport, kind of like video games?

Old 02-18-2018, 07:40 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They have created the problem, how do you wish government fix it?

The solution is right in front of our faces, when war is declared upon you. It is called the 2nd Amendment.
You have the liberty to make a choice for yourself, or has government also hampered that?
Defend yourself, or chose to let someone else defend your life. Your choice and your kids choice. They are people too

The schools militia was castrated long ago by government.
I am a big believer in empowering our students. I would love to see one of these shooters have their butts kicked by what they thought would be their victims. But you have to be careful that good intentions do not end up with more dead. We want to save lives and not cost lives.

Old 02-18-2018, 07:44 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
For some its follow up shots for bird or other game. Is that a crime?
Most military prefer pump, and practice practice practice, more than you can imagine to be very fast and efficient.
And some semi autos are softer recoil, like a Benelli. Nice shotgun.
There are things we all want to do that are restricted by law. We live within those laws because we want to exist in a civilized nation. We live within the restrictions for fully automatic "machine guns" for example. Those laws were enacted almost 100 years ago and have served us well, thank you very much. Now it's time to extend those laws to semi-automatic weapons. Long overdue. Will it happen? Unlikely in a country where every dollar is a good dollar, no matter how much innocent blood is dripping from it. Where some people believe it is their "right" to propagate and promote the use of weapons that have led to the deaths of hundreds of school students, and grievous life changing injuries to hundreds more.

What to know about machine gun laws in the US - ABC News

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School..._United_States

Old 02-18-2018, 08:04 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The police did too with 19 different complaints about the suspect and many people took the tried and true "I'd knew he'd do it" response when they found out the murderer's name. See something, say something can only work of something is said. Too manu don't and often times when something is said the police or Feds can't do much because their hands are tied. We need to balance the liberties of the one versus the liberties of us all a whole Hell of a lot better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
There are things we all want to do that are restricted by law. We live within those laws because we want to exist in a civilized nation. We live within the restrictions for fully automatic "machine guns" for example. Those laws were enacted almost 100 years ago and have served us well, thank you very much. Now it's time to extend those laws to semi-automatic weapons. Long overdue. Will it happen? Unlikely in a country where every dollar is a good dollar, no matter how much innocent blood is dripping from it. Where some people believe it is their "right" to propagate and promote the use of weapons that have led to the deaths of hundreds of school students, and grievous life changing injuries to hundreds more.

Curious as to why no one is demanding we revisit a person's right to be presumed innocent? I mean, if we're getting rid of rights, and an "assault weapons ban" has been shown ineffective, let's move on to other rights, too. Let's throw them all out the window. Sure it's a total nanny state and way too much government control, but no one will die. That's what we want right? To protect the right to life at all other costs?

Old 02-18-2018, 08:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am a big believer in empowering our students. I would love to see one of these shooters have their butts kicked by what they thought would be their victims. But you have to be careful that good intentions do not end up with more dead. We want to save lives and not cost lives.
A "Well Regulated" militia.
There is not a better place to bring the people of the United States, to be well regulated in the operation and use of firearms and self & community defense, than in our schools. So everyone is on the same page. So ignorance doesn't breed fear, like seen today on a massive scale.

If loony liberals want to use the Well Regulated argument, then the Constitutions 2nd amendment demands our government well regulate the militia to fight as a unit.

People think the Militia is the last stand. Far from it. The Militia are the Minute Men(and women) We the people, of all ages, creed and color, are the first line of defense until reinforcements can arrive.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:11 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
To me, it's a crime to shoot birds and other game to hell. But, that's just me. The game is
Game is food...

3,366 posts, read 1,605,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Curious as to why no one is demanding we revisit a person's right to be presumed innocent? I mean, if we're getting rid of rights, and an "assault weapons ban" has been shown ineffective, let's move on to other rights, too. Let's throw them all out the window. Sure it's a total nanny state and way too much government control, but no one will die. That's what we want right? To protect the right to life at all other costs?
Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post

You can buy used machine guns in the USA, fully auto. The Vegas shooter could have with his bank account, instead of buying bump stocks..
We have laws prohibiting all kinds of things, but some forget, criminals are criminals and laws dont apply to them
Heroin( opiate epidemic kills daily), Cocaine, alcohol for under 21 (yeah right, go to college lately), human trafficking (kills many people), and the list goes on. Guess what, they are banned, illegal. Go ahead and say something wordy like oranges to apples, different, not the same. Some left leaning deflection.
Laws dont work for Criminals.. Do you not get it?
Stop using Wikepidia, use real websites that are fact checked and valid.. Like ATF, and ask them how you go about buying a fully automatic M16, since no AR15 was ever fully automatic.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:13 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Your opinion does not define crime.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:15 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Game is food...
Very true. But they dont kill animals for the grocery store., LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies