Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 06:06 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

So they want my AR? Ok, take that but leave my AK, SKS, PSL, BAR, 7400, all my duck guns and .22s.

They showed me.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:12 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Then why did this happen with any of these cases with a paper trail as well? What is so hard to understand that many times reporting anything to the police or a flag isn't dinged on the NICCS system? This isn't a new issue altogether and has been talked about all this decade.
My point was, these two kids, Martin and Cruz would have been arrested if the schools policys weren't implemented.
NICS checks are only as good as the data submitted.
They realized this with the ex AF guy who had other than honorable discharge. If entered, the NICS would have flagged him.
Dylan Roof would have been flagged, but legally allowed to buy as he had a pending felony charge. Due Process, as he wasn't guilty.
FBI is overwhelmed nationwide, we know that.
The ones that aren't overwhelmed, friends and family.. Family intervention should be more than a text.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:15 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
The fact that you guys would murder somebody rather than handing in a gun is preposterous. If the gun owners on this board are representative of the "good guy with a gun" theory, there isn't such a thing - - just a bunch of hotheads looking for their moment to kill a person. Good God.
Here's another of the "comply or die" advocates. Lucky for them the liklihood of any such gun laws are zero.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:16 AM

37,186 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
What are you talking about?
I'm a 42 years old guy with zero criminal record, nice house, good looking wife, kids, expensive antiques collection and I want to be able to defend my family and my stuff.
That's all.
If you need 30 shots to do it you have a serious problem and need to spend a lot more time at the range.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:17 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
I am all for the 2nd amendment, but can propose some ideas to make the use of firearms for other than self-defense less likely.

1. USE of a gun for offensive purposes (robbery, brandishing, threatening) will incur a sentence of 5 years in jail. A federal law should be passed that prevents prosecutors from dropping the weapons charge during sentencing to get a guilty plea.

2. FIRING a gun during the commission of a crime either in the air or at a person or object will incur an additional 10 years in jail.

3. Non-reporting of a lost or stolen firearm will incur a $10K fine to the owner if the serial numbers of the weapon are not provided to law enforcement.

4. ALL transfers or sales of any weapon that requires a background check will require the same background check for any subsequent owners. No more straw man purchases. No alleged gun show loophole. You sell a handgun to a friend or want to give it as a gift to your kids they must pass a background check.

5. HIPPA laws should be amended so that mental health records are provided to law enforcement to be part of the background check.

6. Ownership of any firearm is restricted to people over 21 years of age. Anyone under 21 must be supervised by an adult. Parents and/or guardians should be interviewed as part of the background check if the person wants to maintain ownership after 21.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:19 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So they want my AR? Ok, take that but leave my AK, SKS, PSL, BAR, 7400, all my duck guns and .22s.

They showed me.
I assume many had a similar thought. I attempted to discuss that several times earlier, but none were interested.
I only got the "I don't care about the technical parts of the rifle I want to ban. I just want to ban it because it's technical parts make it too dangerous".

Old 02-20-2018, 06:20 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I am all for the 2nd amendment, but can propose some ideas to make the use of firearms for other than self-defense less likely.

1. USE of a gun for offensive purposes (robbery, brandishing, threatening) will incur a sentence of 5 years in jail. A federal law should be passed that prevents prosecutors from dropping the weapons charge during sentencing to get a guilty plea.

2. FIRING a gun during the commission of a crime either in the air or at a person or object will incur an additional 10 years in jail.

3. Non-reporting of a lost or stolen firearm will incur a $10K fine to the owner if the serial numbers of the weapon are not provided to law enforcement.

4. ALL transfers or sales of any weapon that requires a background check will require the same background check for any subsequent owners. No more straw man purchases. No alleged gun show loophole. You sell a handgun to a friend or want to give it as a gift to your kids they must pass a background check.

5. HIPPA laws should be amended so that mental health records are provided to law enforcement to be part of the background check.
Cant do 5. LEO are not judge n jury for mental health. They arent licensed doctors either . And what mental health issue is able to take away a right. And if you take one right, how about all rights as a citizen, as they all are important.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I started this discussion in the guns and hunting forum but I now think it will be better suited for this forum:

The horrible recent school shooting in Florida has so many people screaming to ban the scary black guns like the AR15 that I am worried that this might just be the catalyst towards gun seizures.

In my state of MASS. we recently had bump stocks outlawed. The owner had a choice to turn in their bump stock to their local Police, it was not a buy back program so the owner gave up their property with no compensation OR after Feb1 you will face criminal prosecution.

I wonder how many held onto their bump stocks, thumbing their nose at an over reaching tyrannical gov. while risking arrest and no doubt confiscation of all their firearms if caught.

Who is to say that this won't happen again with the AR 15 and rifles like it.
What was legal yesterday is now banned not only to buy and sell but to possess.

I can't help but think if a ban, followed by so many days to turn in the guns or face seizure of "assault weapons" and criminal prosecution was to occur how many people would refuse to give up their guns.

For those who own one of these AR15's or a similar rifle if this does happen will you willingly give up your guns or will they have to arrest you and take them?

I am curious about how the good honest freedom loving law abiding gun owner that would never dream of using his or her gun for evil would handle this.

What would you do if the Police/ Feds came to your house to confiscate your beloved AR?

Would you comply?
Would you hide the gun and hope they didn't find it until this illegal seizure played itself out in the courts?
Would you stand ready with other gun owners to face down the authorities?

Making a stand for freedom could be very risky to your life depending on the amount of force the Police bring and your future when they prosecute you to years in prison.

What would you do if the Police came knocking on your door?

As long as they don't take my BAR's..... My AR will be bait.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:26 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I know the right to self protection outweighs anything you say.
This is why people like you have no moral leg to stand. You condone murder and violence. Shame.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:27 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The government will not come to our houses to confiscate AR-15s. They won't have to. The owners won't be able to take them anywhere to shoot them without being stopped and arrested for carrying illegal weapons. What good will they be? Rifle ranges won't accept them. Local rod and gun clubs won't let you shoot them on their range. Unless you have acres of private woods where the neighbors can't hear you firing off your AR-15, where are you going to go to play with them? They will be useless AND illegal.

And once the government rids the good guys of their weapons, the bad guys win.
Sounds like Massachusetts and Maryland! Get pulled over in Maryland with an AR in your trunk and the cops will ruin your day and likely confiscate it. That's the Democratic way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies