Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2018, 08:33 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,019,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It's not the guns. Look at my list where these mass shooting, and murders occur. Most are in countries that have very strict gun laws where most private citizens can not own guns. You are just a liar, or delusional.
The US has TWENTY TIMES the shot to death rate compared to most other 'first' world nations that have better gun licencing and stricter gun laws, is that really surprising? Not to anybody that has an ounce of sense it isn't.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:33 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Forgive my ignorance but what guns were accessible to public in the 1970's. My limited knowledge only knows of slow loading revolvers, shot guns, bolt action rifles. Were auto's and semi auto's around during those times.

I'm not seeing "mass shootings" happening with the gun mentioned above. The lines are blurred on this gun argument b/c some are taking an all or nothing approach meaning all guns are bad or you can't touch my "gun" (no matter what is available today or coming out tomorrow so long as it's name gun). And the other side is not being specific enough "all the time" allowing people to miss-understand what exactly the issue is. Gun control / Gun rights. These two talking points are so broad that the issue beneath them are always glanced over.
Yes to both boldeds. For the second, for decades prior.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:34 AM

189 posts, read 172,250 times
The difference between here and other counties is that the media in this country portrait these shooters as victims and when social media acceptance is the most important thing in a youths mind, the attention they get by killing and then being labeled a victim far outweighs morality or rational thought.

When there's violence in a school in other parts of the world, the media doesn't give the offender a platform so there's nothing for them to gain by committing an act of violence. The media in this country is part of a progressive agenda with one goal for America, disarm the population and remove the 2nd amendment. Without the 2nd amendment, there is no first amendment. See everyother country in the world where free speech doesn't exist and you can be prosecuted for offending someone. When you do not have free speech, you do not have violence because the population isn't free to commit an act of violence to make a name for themselves. If a child in Europe were to post a picture of them self with a gun they would immediately be taken into custody and given a me talk evaluation.

If they post a statement of an article that is deemed offensive they also go through the same assessment. Without free speech, you do not have freedom. Freedom like we have in the US is exactly why we have these shootings and violence. With freedom comes responsibility.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:35 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Wonder about how he got the guns, but must correct you about the "automatic" weapon part. Was it intentional?
The liberal strategy is to try to confuse people into believing that fully automatic firearms are legal, and common. They attempt to mislead by using "automatic" when it really means the very common, and legal SEMI AUTOMATIC firearm. They have to lie in order to try to make a point.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:35 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by google85 View Post
Why the US has the most mass shootings? If you take India, millions of people live there. They speak the different language, different religion, culture, etc. but still they don't kill each other. I do not deny the fact that they have other issues, but when I googled it, I couldn't find any mass shooting except terrorist attach.What are the points we are missing here?

Accessibility to guns
There is no strong family support
mental health and access to healthcare
Here there is no 2nd chance, for example, one time if you go to jail there is no way you can change your life back to normal
Are you including government mass executions in other countries (N. Korea or elsewhere), mass executions in Islamic countries of those who will not submit to Islam?

N. Korea recently held a public execution of people caught in possession of Bibles.

Some of the recent mass shootings in America were done by Islamists yelling "Alahu Akbar" as they fired away.

Yesterday's shooting at a school in FL was carried out by an ANTIFA member (a fascist) who was a registered Democrat.

We give more "free stuff" than ever before in our history, so it isn't that they are "in need."

How many chances did we give Kate Steinle's murder before he killed her?

How many hardened criminals did Barack Obama pardon?

"Access to guns" isn't the problem. Criminals will always have access to guns, because criminals, typically, are not law abiding citizens ...are they?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:36 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The OP states that the US is the country with the most mass shootings. If that premise is false, then which country has more mass shootings than the US?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:36 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Why does a 19 year old have automatic weapons? Who failed there?
The gun was not an automatic.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:37 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
He didn't have an automatic weapon.
You're not really going to try to make that distinction with a straight face are you? Doesn't matter a bit whether it was semi automatic or fully automatic. Reality remains that it was a weapon of mass lethality and it was very, very, effective at rapidly slaughtering innocent human beings. No one cares about that distinction other than the gun fetishists.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:38 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yes to both boldeds. For the second, for decades prior.

Were they has accessible as they are today? Were they as cheap? I know they were in the army for the wars but accessible to buy everywhere you go like you can today?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:38 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
Forgive my ignorance but what guns were accessible to public in the 1970's. My limited knowledge only knows of slow loading revolvers, shot guns, bolt action rifles. Were auto's and semi auto's around during those times.

I'm not seeing "mass shootings" happening with the gun mentioned above. The lines are blurred on this gun argument b/c some are taking an all or nothing approach meaning all guns are bad or you can't touch my "gun" (no matter what is available today or coming out tomorrow so long as it's name gun). And the other side is not being specific enough "all the time" allowing people to miss-understand what exactly the issue is. Gun control / Gun rights. These two talking points are so broad that the issue beneath them are always glanced over.
Model 1911 .45 is an automatic pistol that has been around since the early part of the 20th century. The M1 Garland is an auto loading rifle used in WWII.

Auto loading weapons have been around for over 100 years.

I can reload a revolver in 3 seconds or less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies