Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 08:09 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
No, they will just switch weapons if they can't get an AR 15.
Exactly! Ding winner, a display of logic without emotion.

Here is a good summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x655j5hkgEA

Old 02-20-2018, 08:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
See post #130 ,you seem confused.
See #132, for the problem you got caught in.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:11 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Lets deputize all US Citizens that own guns. Then make it to where only LEO's can own guns. Problem solved.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:12 AM

13,929 posts, read 5,614,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Where do you live that multiple armed home invaders coming to get you and your family is a realistic concern?
The United States.

That a thing is improbable does not make it impossible. That's what insurance is for. We insure against all sorts of things in all sorts of ways. Firearms insure against someone else taking your life. Different firearms cover different self-defense scenarios.

The right to keep and bear arms is a natural, individual right that is a condition of existence. It so necessary to the security of a free state that the Founding Fathers decided to mention the right specifically in the Constitution. The security of the free state in their minds meant security from/against the tyrannical government and its soldiers/agents. The tyrannical government is the number one example of presenting the citizen with multiple armed aggressors seeking to violate their rights.

Because you are ignorant of history and also possess totally unfounded faith in the benevolence of both government and your fellow man does not mean that organized oppression at the hands of US Government Inc has never occurred or will not occur in the future.

Besides the government, imagine an event that creates any sort of serious, widespread food shortage across any significant chunk of population. People will begin harming one another out of desperation. Our food independence as a nation is neato, but it relies on a ton of infrastructure to get all the food distributed to the far corners of our nation. Disrupt the infrastructure and let a week go by, and you'll begin seeing serious social unrest. Panicky, hungry, desperate people are not rational actors, and as such would probably need more than a well reasoned argument not to loot your home and possibly harm you in the process. They may need to be presented with a more serious motivation to leave you alone, and a weapon capable of zapping all of them dead is a pretty serious rebuttal to their argument.

Again, improbable, but absolutely possible. My one time, up front cost to insure against these and other potentially life ending scenarios cost me less than one year of health/life/car insurance premiums. Never have to pay the "premium" again, and minus paper targets, plink ammo for practice and cleaning/maintenance supplies, my overall annual cost of this "insurance" is less than one dinner out with my wife.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:12 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Exactly! Ding winner, a display of logic without emotion.

Here is a good summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x655j5hkgEA
Here's the real logic: Ban all guns.

Ding ding ding bigger winner.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:14 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post

That would be the only solution that would stop mass shootings. I agree, that is logic without emotion.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
I think this is the problem with banning them: will it help? I am a strong supporter of NRA but I am wondering about the AR-15 and the reason for them. I do think the problem goes much deeper than banning any type of guns. It goes with cleaning up TV, more parental control, better home life, bring communication back into the homes and use control on how much cell phone time kids have. There are so many ways to bring stability back into our lives.

And no, nothing will totally wipe out mass murders, but there are ways to help the next generation. It might be too late for the kids now growing up.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:20 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,362,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post

We should ban murder.

Oh wait...

Old 02-20-2018, 08:24 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,811,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
We should ban murder.

Oh wait...
Stupid comparison. You cannot control what people do nor read other people's minds. You can control what they can get their hands on if they want to commit something bad...

Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think this is the problem with banning them: will it help? I am a strong supporter of NRA but I am wondering about the AR-15 and the reason for them. I do think the problem goes much deeper than banning any type of guns. It goes with cleaning up TV, more parental control, better home life, bring communication back into the homes and use control on how much cell phone time kids have. There are so many ways to bring stability back into our lives.

And no, nothing will totally wipe out mass murders, but there are ways to help the next generation. It might be too late for the kids now growing up.
I am almost 70 This generation is the weakest I have seen. If they get called a derogatory name, they need counseling. They were raised to be weaklings and easily offended, so some strike out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies