U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 09:00 PM

24,604 posts, read 9,538,031 times

Advertisements

I grew up in a Democratic stranglehold. Many races saw the D run unopposed. The primaries for the D nod were hotly contested because it was the same as a general election win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 09:01 PM

25,235 posts, read 13,985,610 times
The Dakota's, LOL, each has been staunch Red states for ages and both have the Minimum of 3 Electoral votes. Not much to brag about there.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:02 PM

3,521 posts, read 2,228,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entr...for-democrats/

Who's Afraid of John Thune? So Far, Everybody

The news is from last year but I thought it was hillarious how the Democratic party is basically even having a hard time finding anyone to run as a Democrat.

I guess out of 94 house seats in North Dakota that Republicans control 81 of them. Sort of sad that 13 of those districts think that the party of Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi should represent them.

I guess when they have such unemployment, very few homeless, fantastic education and career opportunities with excellent amenities in the urban centers that who needs more than one party.

I personally think it is a wonderful thing that people in the Dakotas have such uniform integrity that they have difficulty even finding candidates that will admit to being a Democrat.

I grew up in Colorado Springs and I heard rumors that some employers would do a Republican litmus test foir career purposes.
The Dakotas have boom or bust economy, with a large dependency on oil. And when they are in a bust economic cycle, who wants to be homeless in the Dakotas in winter?

Old 11-13-2017, 09:49 PM

3,246 posts, read 1,608,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The Dakotas have boom or bust economy, with a large dependency on oil. And when they are in a bust economic cycle, who wants to be homeless in the Dakotas in winter?
The Dakota's have very stable economies with very low unemployment rates and high purchasing power due to relatively high per-capita income and low housing costs.

Lots of young married homeowners because of the strong Republican middle-class economy. It is a fairy-tale Norman Rockwell culture in the Republican Dakota's.

States like Democratic California have a small millionaire and billionaire elite with a massive, massive underclass that lives a 3rd world nightmare. At least in Brazil the underclass have favelas, with Democratic California they have sleeping bags and tents.

The Republicans who run the Dakotas are all about keeping taxes low for the middle-class, just like with President Trump's middle and working class tax cuts.

https://www.bls.gov/eag/eag.nd.htm

https://www.bls.gov/regions/west/ca_losangeles_msa.htm

Despite, the low oil prices the state of North Dakota has a low 2.4% unemployment rate and is growing at a rate similar to the rest of the country.

Oddly, even with the rock-bottom oil prices and very low commodity prices they still have a higher job growth rate than Los Angeles. Los Angeles is in a once in a lifetime boom and they still have lower growth than North Dakota which in the midst of low commodity and oil prices.

The unemployment rate even if the low commodity and oil prices is around half of the rate of Los Angeles!

The oil boom was just icing on the cake. Unlike, states full of Democrats the Dakota's have a massive middle-class that owns nice, big single-family homes with low commute times, big yards and good wholesome values.

I guess thanks to the cold winter that they don't have a homeless crisis like Los Angeles. Los Angeles homeless population is nearly as many as the entire city of Bismarck.

I am just so proud of states like Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota that want nothing to do with the Democratic agenda.

The Republican agenda is about a strong, strong middle-class and conservative family-values.

The Democratic agenda is about third-world filth and disease,shallow and vain Hollywood Values and some widest income disparities the world has ever seen.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 PM

8,842 posts, read 2,645,914 times
Quote:
The Dakota's have very stable economies with very low unemployment rates and high purchasing power due to relatively high per-capita income and low housing costs.

Oddly, even with the rock-bottom oil prices and very low commodity prices they still have a higher job growth rate than Los Angeles. Los Angeles is in a once in a lifetime boom and they still have lower growth than North Dakota which in the midst of low commodity and oil prices.
Did you even look at your own statistics?

No, you didn't.

From the pages you linked:

North Dakota April 2017 employment: 410.3K
North Dakota Sept 2017 employment: 408.0K
-------------------------------------------------------------
A LOSS of 2.3K employed people.

Los Angeles April 2017 employment: 6,425.2K
Los Angeles Sept 2017 employment: 6,500.0K
------------------------------------------------------------
A GAIN of 74.8K employed people.

This has got to be about the half-dozenth time I've caught you failing to understand or paying attention to the statistics you are citing.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:58 PM

4,775 posts, read 1,779,321 times
It is like that in many northeast states as well. The difference is that a lot of people actually live here and it is the GOP that cannot get candidates to run.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:01 PM

20,583 posts, read 8,748,940 times
Quote:
https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entr...for-democrats/

Who's Afraid of John Thune? So Far, Everybody

The news is from last year but I thought it was hillarious how the Democratic party is basically even having a hard time finding anyone to run as a Democrat.

I guess out of 94 house seats in North Dakota that Republicans control 81 of them. Sort of sad that 13 of those districts think that the party of Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi should represent them.

I guess when they have such unemployment, very few homeless, fantastic education and career opportunities with excellent amenities in the urban centers that who needs more than one party.

I personally think it is a wonderful thing that people in the Dakotas have such uniform integrity that they have difficulty even finding candidates that will admit to being a Democrat.

I grew up in Colorado Springs and I heard rumors that some employers would do a Republican litmus test foir career purposes.
Our entire government is in shambles. Republicans control everything yet can't get anything done.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:57 AM

18,596 posts, read 6,702,336 times
Quote:

Lots of young married homeowners because of the strong Republican middle-class economy. It is a fairy-tale Norman Rockwell culture in the Republican Dakota's.

States like Democratic California have a small millionaire and billionaire elite with a massive, massive underclass that lives a 3rd world nightmare. At least in Brazil the underclass have favelas, with Democratic California they have sleeping bags and tents.

The Republicans who run the Dakotas are all about keeping taxes low for the middle-class, just like with President Trump's middle and working class tax cuts.

Despite, the low oil prices the state of North Dakota has a low 2.4% unemployment rate and is growing at a rate similar to the rest of the country.

The unemployment rate even if the low commodity and oil prices is around half of the rate of Los Angeles!

The oil boom was just icing on the cake. Unlike, states full of Democrats the Dakota's have a massive middle-class that owns nice, big single-family homes with low commute times, big yards and good wholesome values.

I guess thanks to the cold winter that they don't have a homeless crisis like Los Angeles. Los Angeles homeless population is nearly as many as the entire city of Bismarck.

I am just so proud of states like Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota that want nothing to do with the Democratic agenda.

The Republican agenda is about a strong, strong middle-class and conservative family-values.

The Democratic agenda is about third-world filth and disease,shallow and vain Hollywood Values and some widest income disparities the world has ever seen.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Omg this is so wrong it's hilarious

Old 11-14-2017, 04:30 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,285,939 times
Unfortunately there is no shortage of left wing nut jobs here in Maryland.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:17 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,529,083 times
Politics in the Dakotas. National news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or