U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Florida
62,647 posts, read 34,149,323 times
Reputation: 10400

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Likely all of those that get tax hikes are Middle Class and Upper Middle Class.
And small S-Corps which earn $150-200K a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Florida
62,647 posts, read 34,149,323 times
Reputation: 10400
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Just the other day they were crying it was gonna blow up the deficit.. now its gonna raise taxes... they cant keep their lies straight 1 day to another..
It will raise the deficit, and raise taxes for millions of middle class Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:07 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,067 posts, read 427,306 times
Reputation: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Just the other day they were crying it was gonna blow up the deficit.. now its gonna raise taxes...

they cant keep their lies straight 1 day to another..
Funny how you think both statements can’t happen simultaneously. They aren’t mutually exclusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Florida
62,647 posts, read 34,149,323 times
Reputation: 10400
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Raise taxes on 4% of population? Lower taxes on 96%? Win....
That is pretty much impossible given the fact that many people are too young to pay taxes and given the argument that 50% of people who work don't pay any taxes as it is. Way more than 4% will see a tax hike thought. Not sure where the 4% came from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:14 PM
 
9,902 posts, read 3,249,364 times
Reputation: 7251
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Liberals should be for it. Liberals never saw a tax they didn’t like.
well they are not so you are wrong.

how many times will you need to be told that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Caverns measureless to man...
7,241 posts, read 4,639,962 times
Reputation: 16336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Making some pay less of their money is not a transfer of wealth to the wealthy. The money was already theirs. It is less of a transfer of wealth from the rich to the "non rich".
Yeah, but... mmm... when the only way they can afford to give the wealthy the tax break is to take more money from the poor, a "transfer of the wealth to the wealthy" is exactly what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,289 posts, read 39,611,449 times
Reputation: 18708
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
House bill is better. Not sure what the senate was thinking keeping the 7 tax brackets and taking away most of the good things in the house bill
My taxes go up more in the House bill. The huge 25% bracket is why. In the senate it is a few hundred more, in the House thousands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,289 posts, read 39,611,449 times
Reputation: 18708
They are also considering repeal of the Obamacare mandate which the CBO has already said would result in 14 million people losing their health coverage in ten years. So we raise taxes on 14 million working Americans, take health care from another 14 million and give billionaires thousands and thousands in tax relief while saddling our children and grandchildren with 1.5 trillion more in debt to pay off. This is a bill a Republican can love!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 PM
 
9,902 posts, read 3,249,364 times
Reputation: 7251
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
McConnell said it best .......... "You can't craft any tax bill that guarantees that every single taxpayer in America gets a tax break. What I'm telling you is the overall majority of taxpayers in every bracket would get relief."
yep so millions get 20 bucks a week extra for a few years while trillions get pushed up to the top few %
this plan is all about a massive tax break for the wealthy, nothing more nothing less.

this tax plan throws a few scraps to a few voters in order to pretend it is about the middle class. but they are scraps folks, just scraps.


Weird to see Trump folk who complain about the unequal distribution of monies supporting a tax policy that will widen the wealth gap and add burdens to middle and lower income families...

but hey they are all in for trumpism, so i guess they must like this..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2017, 12:49 PM
 
3,988 posts, read 1,664,931 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
Apparently, since FDR, the democrats need a really big government to care care of them because people are incapable of taking care of themselves without it.

Notice how many large scale recessions and wars happened after that. The public education system is a failure. The war machine is enabled by many people who join because they cant get decent jobs. The economy sucks.

Just as many "Trumpsters" could be labeled as leftists because they are tired of being puppets to bureaucratic waste that the democrats embrace.

Big bureaucracy progressive-ism is much more binary than small govt. progressiveness. This is a fact.


for something that you claim is a "fact" you seem to have an awful lot of opinion and very little actual fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top