U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Congress limit Trump's authority to launch a nuclear first strike?
Yes, Congress should limit his authority 39 55.71%
No, Congress should not limit his authority. 31 44.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 01:58 PM

8,074 posts, read 2,383,736 times

Advertisements

Hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 01:59 PM

8,074 posts, read 2,383,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Did congress limit war mongers Bush and Obama?
And LBJ?

Old 11-14-2017, 03:24 PM

35,075 posts, read 19,184,144 times
Lightbulb Trump and nuclear weapons: Should Congress limit his authority to order a first strike?

Congress should consider removing a first strike authorization altogether, not just from tRump.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:05 PM

20,064 posts, read 12,041,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I wonder if Trump would actually have the gumption to push the button. Sure, he says terrible things on Twitter and TV, but I think he's all talk on many subjects. Talking about war is a lot easier than actually declaring war. I don't think he'd do it because he'd be risking his own death, if nothing else.
He would not do it himself. Jr. -Hey jr. -Come here a minute. You love me. ? Do your old pop a favor.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:54 PM

7,981 posts, read 3,434,522 times
Trump shoots off his big mouth so much who knows what he would do if someone really insulted him. The manís a loose cannon. He wants to be a dictator not a President. He loves these strong man leaders.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:17 PM

9,025 posts, read 2,947,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
rubbish, even trump would not pull the trigger until his back was to the wall and jail looked certain.

furthermore. spend more time understanding, i never implied i was "rattled" but i did clearly talk about NO POTUS should have the power to strike first. maybe you missed it in your zeal to protect lord trumpy.

frankly i believe trump would be a better POTUS if his fanbase were better people. he panders to their base nature and anger...

Trump cannot control himself. Those who put him in office are fully responsible for his actions. If he starts a nuclear holocaust, those voters and supporters will be blamed and rightly so. They turned the controls over to a known madman and should be called to account for it.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:21 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,753,180 times
Oh yeah...if the little fat guy with a bad haircut sends some our way, take a vote in Congress.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:21 PM

29,602 posts, read 16,351,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump cannot control himself. Those who put him in office are fully responsible for his actions. If he starts a nuclear holocaust, those voters and supporters will be blamed and rightly so. They turned the controls over to a known madman and should be called to account for it.
Okay, but how do you feel about being personally held responsible for bombing hospitals, weddings, places of worship, homes, schools and the resulting death of innocents? What should we do with you?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:56 PM

4,697 posts, read 4,334,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes you were fine with them using conventional bombs to kill people, but now you are concerned. You and your ilk should give the hypocrisy a rest.
I don't know about OP, but I've never been fine with the way a single person can just decide to put the US into a war whether it was a so-called "conventional" war like the one with Iraq or be it the use of nuclear weapons which could wipe out the entire planet.

Plus, if you don't understand the difference between nukes and sending in more conventional air and ground forces than you and YOUR ilk should go think about your own hypocrisy.

Old 11-14-2017, 10:04 PM

29,602 posts, read 16,351,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I don't know about OP, but I've never been fine with the way a single person can just decide to put the US into a war whether it was a so-called "conventional" war like the one with Iraq or be it the use of nuclear weapons which could wipe out the entire planet.

Plus, if you don't understand the difference between nukes and sending in more conventional air and ground forces than you and YOUR ilk should go think about your own hypocrisy.
Nukes, ground troops and conventional bombing runs are all wrong when they are used to kill people minding their own business in their own countries and saying so isnt hypocritical at all.
Nukes were wrong when Truman used them as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or