U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 05:56 PM

66,324 posts, read 30,202,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So you dont want higher taxes on the rich after all?
The US middle class and rich should be placed in the exact same tax rate bracket, as they are in Europe. PLUS a 25% National VAT tax should be implemented. That's how European countries fund their myriad social programs. We can do the same in the US if we want those programs here. You should have no problem with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 05:56 PM

12,773 posts, read 4,612,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Being unemployed and therefore having no income generally results in poverty.
You are a Trumpster. You should know the difference betweeen unemployment rate and labor force participation rate. The LFPR in America is one of the lowest in the developed world, far lower than most European countries. If you dont work in America, you are poor. If you dont work in developed Europe, you are doing better. For example if you're disabled. Nevertheless, far fewer people work in America than in European countries in general. Inequality is extreme and the social problems, drug and crime situation is more akin to Russia than a developed European country.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:59 PM

3,937 posts, read 1,199,072 times
Quote:
Well, you have already made it clear that you have your own definition of what the OP is talking about though. You simply do not see the disabled as "the poor". This is the power of propaganda. Decades of Fox News have made "the poor" a group of "welfare queens from the inner city", not the elderly, not the disabled, not the sick and the destitute. An alternative reality in other words. And the disabled suffer as a result of this propaganda every day.
It's like I'm bizzarro world. I never said we shouldn't help the disabled. You yourself setup this strawman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
As opposed to screwing the poor and middle class over to give more handouts to the needy wealthy?
Again, it's as if backwards day is an actual thing. "handouts" to the rich? The few rich people of this country pay half of the taxes, that the poor people don't and receive benefits on. Lol. Wow.

Here's this thread in animation form. This is great.

https://youtu.be/vgTFiMUF4kY

Old 11-14-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The US middle class and rich should be placed in the exact same tax rate bracket, as they are in Europe. PLUS a 25% National VAT tax should be implemented. That's how European countries fund their myriad social programs. We can do the same in the US if we want those programs here. You should have no problem with that.
So you dont want higher taxes on the rich, like a 50% effective tax rate on the rich like European countries have for the rich. If you dont want to tax the rich at levels seen in Europe, when the rich control a far higher share of national income in America than in Europe, then you really dont want what you claim you want. You have in the past advocated for LOWER taxes on the rich, its already much lower than in most of Europe and you are a Trumpster who want deeper cuts for the rich. So just be honest.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:01 PM

66,324 posts, read 30,202,952 times
Quote:
Good luck trying to have a functioning democracy without strong unions.

There is a reason why workers lose every time when capital is organized and labor is not.

Give me one example where the government closely listen to and reflect the will of the people while unions are destroyed?
Wisconsin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.f02d1fbe5557

And it's EXACTLY what the people wanted, which is why they elected Walker in the first place.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:02 PM

2,073 posts, read 430,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
See above for an example of what I was talking about.
False equivalency. Relocation of headquarters without closing stateside locations is not the same as closing stateside locations.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
It's like I'm bizzarro world. I never said we shouldn't help the disabled. You yourself setup this strawman.
You have said you dont want to see any increase in support for the disabled at the current rate of $700. You dont even define them as "the poor". Thats the power of propaganda. If you dont even pay attention to the plight of the disabled, and just ignore them completely in your quest to fight against "the welfare queen from the inner city", then you are doing horrendous damage to the situation of the disabled in America. And I think you know it. More important to protect the rich.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:04 PM

4,801 posts, read 1,351,616 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1M-...x_BGao&index=2

Old 11-14-2017, 06:08 PM

3,937 posts, read 1,199,072 times
Quote:
You have said you dont want to see any increase in support for the disabled at the current rate of $700. You dont even define them as "the poor". Thats the power of propaganda. If you dont even pay attention to the plight of the disabled, and just ignore them completely in your quest to fight against "the welfare queen from the inner city", then you are doing horrendous damage to the situation of the disabled in America. And I think you know it. More important to protect the rich.
Dude. You're obviously reading what you want to hear. Please quote where I said exactly that I don't want increases, I even offered a solution. I'm going to sound like you for a bit: you don't even want your government to use your tax money as effectively as possible so we can give even more to the disabled, why do you hate the disabled so much?!

Lol.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:09 PM

2,073 posts, read 430,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post

Again, it's as if backwards day is an actual thing. "handouts" to the rich? The few rich people of this country pay half of the taxes, that the poor people don't and receive benefits on. Lol. Wow.
Why, exactly, are the rich in need of tax cuts? This tax plan is nothing more than another redistribution of wealth.

"If you go to 1982, when Forbes put on their first 400 list, those people had [a total of] $93 billion. They now have $2.4 trillion, [a multiple of] 25 for one," Warren Buffet said in June. "This has been a prosperity that's been disproportionately rewarding to the people on top."

(These images were produced with public data and are subject to fair-use without having to first acquire permission from the copyright holder (per cbo and cbpp), for the purpose of discussion.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies