U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-15-2017, 01:10 PM
 
Location: PSL
8,231 posts, read 2,211,028 times
Reputation: 2936

Advertisements

List legitimate reasons for the basis of your argument limey.

It can't be to preserve life and in the name of public safety.
It can't be to have a "safer" society as those with criminal intent evil intent will not obey laws.

Convince me legitimately at that, why more forms of asinine laws need to be enacted or bans need to be in place, yet it is acceptable to ignore Current laws not being enforced?

Can you do it without resorting to the Muh feelings > your rights?
Can you literally present a single argument that will get me to consider forfeiture of rights and property?

Can you do that TEPLimey? Can you or anyone establish a basis for your argument? It surely isn't to preserve life... like I said if that's your argument you would be shouting from the roof tops to ban private modes of transportation, you'd be calling for banning fast food, you'd be calling for the FDA being charged as an accessory to negligent homicide along with pharmaceutical companies that pump out harmful and addictive medications, your focus and basis would be on substantial numbers providing you honestly wanted to do it in guise of public safety and preservation of life.
And you'd be calling for Jerry Brown to be impeached for reducing the crime of knowingly infecting someone with HIV from a felony to a misdemeanor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2017, 01:34 PM
 
66,592 posts, read 30,389,883 times
Reputation: 8694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
And talk about selective quoting. I specifically acknowledged that you were not blaming them
No one's buying your BS. Here's your post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
You say it's not their fault, but it seems you hate cops and are calling them ineffective.
I did NOT say what you said I do. Stop lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2017, 01:40 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,166 posts, read 651,989 times
Reputation: 2316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You could not confiscate the guns here if you had a hundred years.
You don't need to confiscate any guns, just stop the supply of bullets. Pass a law that bans the sale of bullets and gunpowder to the general public.

The ban will cause the price for a case of bullets to skyrocket. The response by gun owners will be to hoard the bullets they have. Gun stores will quickly go out of business since there is no point in having a gun with no bullets. As this is going on, offer a government buyback program. Give it a decade and watch as our murder rate starts to plummet. Spree shootings will start to become more and more rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2017, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Just over the horizon
8,139 posts, read 2,791,406 times
Reputation: 4398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
A whole 7 minutes before an asinine political comment. Good job!
It's a political forum.

You were expecting recipes for chili con carne maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2017, 01:43 PM
 
9,644 posts, read 4,617,014 times
Reputation: 5481
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You don't need to confiscate any guns, just stop the supply of bullets. Pass a law that bans the sale of bullets and gunpowder to the general public.

The ban will cause the price for a case of bullets to skyrocket. The response by gun owners will be to hoard the bullets they have. Gun stores will quickly go out of business since there is no point in having a gun with no bullets. As this is going on, offer a government buyback program. Give it a decade and watch as our murder rate starts to plummet. Spree shootings will start to become more and more rare.
And the black market on ammo from outside the country will go nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2017, 01:48 PM
 
Location: San Jose
2,166 posts, read 651,989 times
Reputation: 2316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And the black market on ammo from outside the country will go nuts.
Why would organizations making huge sums money from drugs waste any time on guns? When its hard to smuggle, not a repeat business, can't be cut or distributed to multiple sellers.

Why isn't there a large black market for guns in all other first world nations? Like the UK, Germany, France, etc, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2017, 01:49 PM
 
1,212 posts, read 1,050,924 times
Reputation: 1792
The shooter was a "pot farmer" whose sister has said was addicted to drugs. Under federal law he could not legally own a firearm, nor could he legally purchase one.

The shooter was arrested in January after shooting at and subsequently stabbing a neighbor. A restraining order was issued. Under California law, he had 24 hours to surrender all firearms after being subject to a restraining order. He did not, and the police did not follow up, even though the neighbors subsequently called the police on him for shooting and even when they were at his home the day before this incident on a domestic violence call.

Multiple violations of multiple existing gun laws. None were enforced. Just like many of the other shootings. One more law will certainly do the trick though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2017, 02:02 PM
 
Location: PSL
8,231 posts, read 2,211,028 times
Reputation: 2936
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You don't need to confiscate any guns, just stop the supply of bullets. Pass a law that bans the sale of bullets and gunpowder to the general public.

The ban will cause the price for a case of bullets to skyrocket. The response by gun owners will be to hoard the bullets they have. Gun stores will quickly go out of business since there is no point in having a gun with no bullets. As this is going on, offer a government buyback program. Give it a decade and watch as our murder rate starts to plummet. Spree shootings will start to become more and more rare.


Would you be in favor of charging doctors, pharmacists, the FDA, big pharmaceutical companies with negligent homicide for 33,091 deaths due to prescription opiods? And banning them?

Would you be in favor of panning private ownership of modes of transportation which are responsible for 35,092 deaths?

Would you be in favor of impeach ingredients your Governor for reducing knowingly infecting people with HIV from a felony to a misdemeanor when there are 39k and Change reported instances of biological weapons? Hold him responsible for those infected?

Would you be in favor of banning fast food? Requiring a background check for sedentary activities which lead to heart disease that kills 633k? Hold the doublechin burgers manufacturers responsible? Ban bump forks from fat people?

Or

Would you work with me in removing criminal intent and incentive, by demanding the enforcement of laws on the books currently? Such as the Lautenberg act? Arming and training teachers to defend innocent children? Enacting a national stand your ground, no duty to retreat law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2017, 02:09 PM
 
5,214 posts, read 1,570,964 times
Reputation: 3042
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
List legitimate reasons for the basis of your argument limey.

It can't be to preserve life and in the name of public safety.
It can't be to have a "safer" society as those with criminal intent evil intent will not obey laws.

Convince me legitimately at that, why more forms of asinine laws need to be enacted or bans need to be in place, yet it is acceptable to ignore Current laws not being enforced?

Can you do it without resorting to the Muh feelings > your rights?
Can you literally present a single argument that will get me to consider forfeiture of rights and property?

Can you do that TEPLimey? Can you or anyone establish a basis for your argument? It surely isn't to preserve life... like I said if that's your argument you would be shouting from the roof tops to ban private modes of transportation, you'd be calling for banning fast food, you'd be calling for the FDA being charged as an accessory to negligent homicide along with pharmaceutical companies that pump out harmful and addictive medications, your focus and basis would be on substantial numbers providing you honestly wanted to do it in guise of public safety and preservation of life.
And you'd be calling for Jerry Brown to be impeached for reducing the crime of knowingly infecting someone with HIV from a felony to a misdemeanor.
A near-total prohibition on guns has proven to result in a near-total absence of gun violence and, in America, I would like to see a near-total absence of gun violence. It doesn't really get any more straightforward than that. Just because you're arguing that "it can't be public safety" does make it so. In fact, other first-world countries have actually proven that the converse is true.

Then we get to the childish "muh feelings" argument while, ironically, complaining that your loss of your gun rights would hurt your feelings.

The rest of your post is like some unhinged rant made up exclusively of hyperbole - the bolded part might actually have spittle from your computer screen embedded in it - and frankly, I can barely understand what point (if any) you are trying to make. But keep rambling about how guns are like cars and food, as it only underscores your unreasonableness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2017, 02:13 PM
 
Location: PSL
8,231 posts, read 2,211,028 times
Reputation: 2936
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
A near-total prohibition on guns has proven to result in a near-total absence of gun violence and, in America, I would like to see a near-total absence of gun violence. It doesn't really get any more straightforward than that. Just because you're arguing that "it can't be public safety" does make it so. In fact, other first-world countries have actually proven that the converse is true.

Then we get to the childish "muh feelings" while, ironically, complaining that your loss of your gun rights would hurt your feelings.

The rest of your post is like some unhinged rant made up exclusively of hyperbole - the bolded part might actually have spittle from your computer screen embedded in it - and frankly, I can barely understand what point (if any) you are trying to make. But keep rambling about how guns are like cars and food, as it only underscores your unreasonableness.
You wouldn't be hurting my feelings. You'd be infringing on constitutionally backed rights on the basis of your fear of criminals and psychos...

You are confusing feelings for logic.

So you're okay then with the much significantly higher death rates by automobile accidents? 365% higher rate of mortality at that because you're only concern is firearms... interesting I appreciate your honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:17 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top