U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 02:58 PM

31,152 posts, read 13,659,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Our intent is to put food on the table-why pay for pork chops at 2.99 per lb when 1 AR15 plus ammo at .28-.32 cents per round, I can take wild hogs and get more meat?
You need an AR15 to kill a hog? My brother used to hunt hogs with a 6" 357 S&W, my dad used to shoot them with Remington 760.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 03:00 PM

8,231 posts, read 2,213,560 times
As for the kindergarten teacher, my mother is 70. She carries every day since she received her CCW in the mail. All 4'10 of her. Shoots a Glock and 1911 quite impressively too. Should see her get down with an AR. Bad guy targets full of crotch shots.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
First of all.
I'm not a member of the NRA they're full of Fudds.
Second of all.

Then you are in agreement with me then. The Lautenberg Act isn't a law to be ignored. It is law. There should be no matter of if. You then agree that any agency who fails to report, or fails to follow procedure is an issue.
I can't comment, I haven't seen it happen and I don't speak to hypotheticals. But as far as I can tell this guy didn't have a qualifying conviction so what exactly is your point?

Old 11-15-2017, 03:02 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,051,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
A court order does not give law enforcement the right to search a premises for guns to make sure that the subject has surrendered them, that's boilerplate language in all restraining orders and a good number of people who are subject to restraining orders have never owned a gun. If LE had shown up and ordered him to surrender his guns all he had to say is "it was stolen from me".
It explicitly does in California. 1524(a)(11) here:
Law section

You have 24 hours to surrender the weapons, and 48 hours to submit a receipt that you did. If you do not, you're in violation of the restraining order (another law apparently not enforced).

Old 11-15-2017, 03:04 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,051,637 times
Quote:
You need an AR15 to kill a hog? ... my dad used to shoot them with Remington 760.
That's a much more powerful gun than an AR15.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Honestly, your posts are getting more and more rambling. If you want to have an intellectually honest discussion about gun control, I am more than willing to have that discussion. But you're projecting something about vehicular mortality and some other nonsense... I really don't know what you're ranting about.

I think you are the one who has confused feelings for logic. You're angry that someone has proposed taking away your guns. I'm advocating for sensible laws that reduce the number of gun-related deaths. If you call "reducing the number of Americans killed" a goal that is based on emotion, then I guess my goal is an emotion-driven one. But my position is not driven by fear of my own personal safety, so it is not emotive in that sense.
And you're projecting a false equivalency of firearms being solely responsible for these deaths, by only wanting gun control and not criminal and psycho control.

I'm not angered at all.

Rather, amused actually, at how your focus is on the implement, not the evil intent of criminals and psychos.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
As for the kindergarten teacher, my mother is 70. She carries every day since she received her CCW in the mail. All 4'10 of her. Shoots a Glock and 1911 quite impressively too. Should see her get down with an AR. Bad guy targets full of crotch shots.
I'm 71 and I still shoot so the story fails to impress me but I seriously doubt if the teacher I am talking about has ever held a gun, let alone shoot one. The real point is that it's a stupid idea to arm teachers, if someone comes in wearing body armor and firing a semi-auto rifle no teacher is going to be able to do a damned thing except try to get cover, which by the way is the same thing a Police Officer would do in that situation, otherwise you'd be dead before you finished standing up We are talking about real life here, not a mission in Call of Duty

Old 11-15-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
It explicitly does in California. 1524(a)(11) here:
Law section

You have 24 hours to surrender the weapons, and 48 hours to submit a receipt that you did. If you do not, you're in violation of the restraining order (another law apparently not enforced).
And if you don't and the court has knowledge that you have guns they can issue a warrant for your arrest for violating the restraining order, they cannot send the cops out to search your house, what is it that you don't understand about that?

Old 11-15-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
That's a much more powerful gun than an AR15.
sure is, but it's a lot harder to kill dozens of people with than an AR15, dontcha think?

Old 11-15-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
You need an AR15 to kill a hog? My brother used to hunt hogs with a 6" 357 S&W, my dad used to shoot them with Remington 760.
Many people use them to hunt hogs. AKs too. Matter of fact my girlfriend and I are going hog hunting this coming weekend.

ARs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANKgTj...ature=youtu.be

AKs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=LMsruXMKdbs

Did you know Remington makes an AR for deer hunting?

Long before they did, I built an AR for a girl I was dating at the time to go deer hunting. Chambered in 308. She took her first deer with it. Far more accurate than a Remington 700 series rifle. Shot groups 3/16th of an inch at 100 yards, while the bolt guns were coming in around 1 inch to 1 and a 1/4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or