Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 04:36 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Outlaw semi-autos, magazines over 10 rounds, handguns, enforce strict background checks and mental evaluations, etc..... You know what everyone else around the world has done so that they don't have daily mass shootings.
People like you is why I started to vote republican. So no, I will not let you take away my rights to own a hand gun. Don't like, then move to England or Australia.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:37 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Quite a disturbed individual.

And that was before he reached the school?

Another gun free zone?
So when are we going to start arming and training teachers to protect innocent kids or is that too much like common sense?

Gun Free Zones don't work...
Gun free zones don't work because there's no way to enforce them. We should divert some of the billions upon billions of dollars we spend policing other countries and put them into new technology and new ways to enforce these laws, so people don't have to worry about the next nut with a gun when they're in one of these areas. There should be places for people who aren't in love with guns to feel safe from these idiots.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:37 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Jumping for joy about anyone getting shot to death is sickening. The hyper partisanship of some of the posters is ridiculous. I don't care how R/D/I anyone is; they don't deserve such a fate.
I agree but you only need to read over a few threads to see there is an audience for it.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:42 PM

5,103 posts, read 2,048,928 times
Quote:
Why are you defending such an idiotic idea? Forget even the SWAT teams, if you arm teachers when you do have an active shooter you run a very high risk that the teachers will end up shooting each other by accident. Teachers wanna teach, they don't want to spend their time training to be commandos. As bad as a spree shooting is, having a confined area like a school turn into the OK Corral will do nothing but kill more innocent people.
How about replacing the gun balls with tranquilizing darts and/or teaching teachers some martial arts technics for self-defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9u8QAcNRXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-HUxeIxFsQ

Btw, does that shooter was a case similar to Randy Stair aka Andrew Blaze? C-D got a thread about him. Randy Stair a.k.a Andrew Blaze (Weis Supermarket shooter)

Old 11-14-2017, 04:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Just another mass shooting in America. It's a weekly event. Barely acknowledged by the country's leader. Of course, if it was a muslim, we'd be hearing about it loudly.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:47 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Just another mass shooting in America. It's a weekly event. Barely acknowledged by the country's leader. Of course, if it was a muslim, we'd be hearing about it loudly.
No, they all offered their prayers. Because, you know, that's going to help the victims of tomorrow's massacre.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:52 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,857,695 times
Quote:
What good reason do you have for owning a semi-auto, mags over 10 rounds or a handgun? Please explain
Almost every Government bureaucracy has them (CIA, NSA, ATF, FBI,ICE, DEA, Homeland Sec, even the FDA and Department of education has them) , The Police have them, The Military has them, The Secret service has them, Private security company's have them.

The Department of agriculture bought 320,000 rounds of ammo
The F%$ing Weather service bought 46,000 rounds. THE WEATHER SERVICE!!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand.../#4a9f571464a1

As long as the Government finds it necessary to arm itself with the most modern weapons and billions of rounds of ammo , then so will the citizens.

Whats good for the politician is good for the citizen.

So tell you what, You get them to give up there's first then get back to me.

RR

Old 11-14-2017, 04:56 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Almost every Government bureaucracy has them (CIA, NSA, ATF, FBI,ICE, DEA, Homeland Sec, even the FDA and Department of education has them) , The Police have them, The Military has them, The Secret service has them, Private security company's have them.

The Department of agriculture bought 320,000 rounds of ammo
The F%$ing Weather service bought 46,000 rounds. THE WEATHER SERVICE!!!!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand.../#4a9f571464a1

As long as the Government finds it necessary to arm itself with the most modern weapons and billions of rounds of ammo , then so will the citizens.

Whats good for the politician is good for the citizen.

So tell you what, You get them to give up there's first then get back to me.

RR
When was the last time an agent from the National Weather Service or Department of Agriculture went on a killing rampage?

Old 11-14-2017, 05:01 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Quote:
When was the last time an agent from the National Weather Service or Department of Agriculture went on a killing rampage?
Good question.

Here's a better one, Why do they have the guns, and so much ammunition available to them? According to you, they shouldn't need them any more than the average citizen, right?

CN

Old 11-14-2017, 05:04 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Why are you defending such an idiotic idea? Forget even the SWAT teams, if you arm teachers when you do have an active shooter you run a very high risk that the teachers will end up shooting each other by accident. Teachers wanna teach, they don't want to spend their time training to be commandos. As bad as a spree shooting is, having a confined area like a school turn into the OK Corral will do nothing but kill more innocent people.

If you really believe so I have land on Mars to sell you cheap and a high speed ufo to get you there.

That risk is non existent. Aside from the basics, in an active shooter scenario first thing is to communicate.
Little Johnny get down, everyone get down, bad guy in (whatever they're wearing) if you are that simple to suggest faculty would have confused Lanza for a teacher you might want to take my offer on the Mars land deal and ufo.

600 bucks 4 hours for force on force training utilizing simunition rounds. I've done 2 law enforcement scenarios to get a perspective of what cops face first hand. 4 in every day scenarios, like going to the bank with a bank bag, car jacking, random mugging, home invasion.

Why? Another skill under my belt. Doesn't hurt to have it. Nothing wrong with having it and not needing it. If it winds up useful or useless still a good investment in my eyes. Kind of like a condom. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
Just like carpentry masonry welding first aid cpr cert and other useless/useful skills I have.

I could go into specifics in an active shooter scenario at a school a mall where ever if you'd like but it'd go for an entire page like a Chance and Change post...
Or you can PM me if you'd like to enlighten you, give you insight on what to do.
Otherwise good luck finding a place that offers force on force simunition training locally...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies