Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 04:14 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
When was the last time an agent from the National Weather Service or Department of Agriculture went on a killing rampage?
Why does the weather service need to be armed?

If the Government weather man feels the need to be armed then why not the average citizen?

RR

Old 11-15-2017, 04:31 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I hear you..but the big difference is those are mostly intended targets..these are random...much more frightening to the general public.
This makes absolutely no sense.
How are incidents like this less frightening to the general public ?
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...side/83128968/

Old 11-15-2017, 04:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
What are you going to do? Shoot the projectile to light a candle? Guns are meant to kill. Cars are meant to drive. Just because you can kill someone with a car doesn't make them equivalent to a gun and any such comparison is retarded. If you compare the two, you have a retarded argument. Gratz on doubling down though.

I can kill someone with a rope as well. No one would say the primary purpose of rope is to hang people. How about a wine bottle? Come on man. The two things aren't comparable to anyone sane.

Stop with the stupid comparisons.

Only 6 states require universal background checks for all sales at gun shows. Private folks are exempt and I've purchased weapons from individuals at gun shows without any background checks in FL and LA.

I'd force every single transaction for guns to use a FFL dealer, regardless if it was private or not. This is a loop hole and regardless if it happens in every state or every single gun show ALL transactions for firearms should require a background check. End of story.
Please explain how one can enforce background checks on private sales. The ONLY way to know who legally owns a specific firearm is through a National Registration, and that is never going to happen simply because the vast majority of owners would never comply.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:42 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This makes absolutely no sense.
How are incidents like this less frightening to the general public ?
Police: Two men in custody in slaying of 6-month-old
They are less frightening to the general public because they are not part of the 24/7 national news cycle.
Unfortunately............

Old 11-15-2017, 04:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Please explain how one can enforce background checks on private sales. The ONLY way to know who legally owns a specific firearm is through a National Registration, and that is never going to happen simply because the vast majority of owners would never comply.
They says they want to have private sellers close the deal at a licensed dealer, who runs the background checks.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:50 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
another insecure man with a gun---prayers for the fam

Old 11-15-2017, 04:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They says they want to have private sellers close the deal at a licensed dealer, who runs the background checks.
I know that, but that was not my question.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Another attempt to sway public opinion on guns, tyranny disguised as security.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:34 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Lock down drills which were prepared for Do you have ANY idea how long it took police and swat to arrive to the school? Never mind enter the building? I do... I was in those lock-down drills... Like I said, they were prepared for meaning police agencies were on stand by and dedicated to respond to the lock down drill...

Not a random event. Planned for it took about 20 minutes before we heard sirens. 45 minutes before we heard the boots running through the hall ways, and dogs barking and shouts of clear.

That's right its not convenient and not pleasant but I promise you have a teacher armed and trained to respond to an event like this I PROMISE at most 5 to 10 minutes tops. Attacker thwarted.

As I said before. Carry concealed. If its concealed properly how will a kid know? Ill go take a picture right now if you want and you tell me where my pistols are on me if you want...
I know, instead of taking your kids to school on a nice yellow bus why don't you just use armoured vehicles instead? Instead of a fence around the school playground just have an armoured wall with sentries on each corner? Give every kid a gun, a big one, so that if somebody comes a shooting they can all do the 'right' thing and take the shooter out no? Perhaps Mothercare can start making holsters for 8 year olds? Pretty ones with Paddington Bear on them. When their mothers come to pick them up from school instead of SVU's every parent should drive a Sherman tank, one with a big **** off canon on the front to deter any nutter that might like to take a pot shot, and if you need to go to the supermarket on your way home simply mount a semi automatic on to every trolley (cart) so that when the next teenager who is so upset about his acne that he snaps comes in fully armed he can be taken out by the 'good' guys (mothers) before he gets around to killing 3 or 4 innocent people at most. There job done, what you need is MORE guns, bigger guns, vigilantes, armoured vehicles (and perhaps a grenade or two) and you could all live happily in the knowledge that your government won't 'dare' starting on you and you will be safe from Canadian invasion. You can then all laugh at the rest of the developed world because they won't be allowed to walk about armed like a WWII infantryman and they will have to go about their business in 'normal' cars and buses and they will be woefully inadequate at combat and survival techniques (that may be needed the next time they are in Tesco's).

Old 11-15-2017, 05:55 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
IMPOSSIBLE!

Ca. has some of the STRICTEST gun laws in the country.

HOW did he get guns?

I thought the politicians of CA believe that all their gun laws will PROTECT it's citizens from something like this to happen.

I guess they are NOT as SMART as they THINK the ARE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies