Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 12:30 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Beings a criminal/psycho with evil intent is the threat, I do believe in eliminating the threat as it exists.
So the solution is... you'll drive around and point out all of the "criminals/psycho with evil intent" and then you and Floorist can shoot them. What a perfect, workable, practical solution. That is much easier than implementing something that other first-world countries have actually, successfully done through legislation.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:33 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So the solution is... you'll drive around and point out all of the "criminals/psycho with evil intent" and then you and Floorist can shoot them. What a perfect, workable, practical solution. That is much easier than implementing something that other first-world countries have actually, successfully done through legislation.
You were the one who said eliminate the threat. No matter what law you pass, criminals will still have guns.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:36 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Compassion? This is what they want, sadly. Actually the want to make it worse with even more guns that, in the chaos and panic, will inevitably take out even more innocent victims.
Prove it.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You were the one who said eliminate the threat. No matter what law you pass, criminals will still have guns.
Compare the rate of gun-related crimes and homicides where guns are heavily regulated (England, France) with the rates in the US. The obvious takeaway is gun-related treats are widely eliminated.

Is it perfect? No. Is it significantly better? Yes.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:47 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
More hyperbole.

Nope. I suggested multiple times arming teachers in an effort to remove the incentive to being attacked.

Multiple times.

All I got back is BUT MUH GUN FREE ZONES

Enforcing a national stand your ground no duty to retreat where upon the presence of a threat you may act with impunity in preservation of life and liberty.

However since you can't seem to differentiate meeting force with force in a matter of preserving life, and some rah rah good guys with guns Rambo rah rah...

I didn't say my suggestions were going to be limp wristed and feel good nanny state protectionism... My suggestions remain and stand-Allow the individuals of this nation the ability to practice their 2nd Amendment rights to confront evil in an effort to significantly reduce these mass shootings by being armed, by instilling a national stand your ground no duty to retreat, ending gun free zones.

Seems to be you do not seek to debate honestly without interjecting hyperbole of driving around and offing criminals and psychos.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Compare the rate of gun-related crimes and homicides where guns are heavily regulated (England, France) with the rates in the US. The obvious takeaway is gun-related treats are widely eliminated.

What about car related deaths? They're 365% higher than criminal firearm related deaths...

Old 11-15-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
What about car related deaths? They're 365% higher than criminal firearm related deaths...
Are we back to this? Comparing gun related deaths to car related deaths is so incredibly stupid it highlights how unsupportable your premise is.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:54 PM

I ask honestly because you expect me and the population to forfeit rights, for future generations as well, and there is not established reason from your argument other than the UK or France.

I don't want to live in the UK or France.

So how about it.

Why are you solely focused on firearms-9,616 and not cars-35,092?

It can not be on the basis of preserving life, public safety... You'd have called for vehicles being banned if you honestly were arguing for preservation of life. Even if it came at the expense of the economy and people being reliant on public transit.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:54 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:

You could not confiscate the guns here if you had a hundred years.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:58 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You could not confiscate the guns here if you had a hundred years.
Or even a thousand years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies