Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 03:54 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Many of the people who rush to buy guns already own them, which shows you how gullible they are.

If you have 4 firearms and they still won't do the job, why the hell did you buy them in the first place?
Why does a car collector not stop at four cars for his collection? Surely those four are sufficient for his transportation needs.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:56 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,964 times
Pass a gun law that criminals will abide to and you won’t have anymore shootings.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:57 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If you say so, oh and yes they along with several dogs, security sensors, cameras and good fences and locked gates all help keep me safe. Where I live the average response time for the Sherriff to respond is 20 minutes, that is way to long in a serious situation. You can own a gun if you want or not, that is your choice, but where I draw the line is with you wanting to take that choice away from me. Go deal with the real issue, mental illness, something all these mass shooters have in common, and then deal with all criminals that do not care spit for laws controlling gun ownership, once you do that, guns will not longer e so scary for you. One last thought, not all the guns I own are for defensive purposes, though all of them can be used for, but most are for hunting purposes, something else I am sure you have little knowledge or experience with.
Your Rights end right where My Rights begin, do not even think about trying to take My Constitutional Rights away, I promise you will not like how that works out.
Australia had a mentally illness mass shooter kill 35 people. Because they weren't morons, they realized that there is always going to be mentally ill people and its much easier to get rid of guns then monitor people. so they got rid of guns. This was in 1996. They haven't had a single spree shooting since.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:59 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
What is call of duty?

That is why I said arm and train, arm and train.
Wouldn't have to be mandatory. Can be Optional. I was a student once, following 9/11.

I'd have been more at comfort knowing a teacher was armed and able to defend the class room I was in. Following the first lockdown drill my school had, I asked the same thing. The gasp hear round the world in that auditorium, must have resonated some common sense to the admin and the superintendent as the following year we got 2 NY state troopers in. Student resource officers. And they were armed.
What are you talking about, you were claiming you were in a school during a mass shooting? And I don't even know what "we got 2 NY state troopers in" is supposed to mean but I seriously doubt if there are 2 state troopers in each of the 4,468 public schools in New York State, especially when you consider the fact that there are only 4,900 state troopers in the entire state.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:02 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,666,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
School? California? It can't possibly be. The report MUST be wrong. How did all those gun laws and gun free zones NOT stop this?
You can't stop angry Rebels (Confederates)...
" he had a number of run-ins with law enforcement in North Carolina before moving to California a decade ago"

They are part of a violent sect and will always find a way to murder or maim.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:04 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What are you talking about, you were claiming you were in a school during a mass shooting? And I don't even know what "we got 2 NY state troopers in" is supposed to mean but I seriously doubt if there are 2 state troopers in each of the 4,468 public schools in New York State, especially when you consider the fact that there are only 4,900 state troopers in the entire state.

Lockdown drills followed 9/11 as there was a notion of a school shooting/bombing threat to be committed following the jet attacks.

Instead of getting teachers armed, our school had 2 state troopers. If I have to go digging for a year book to prove it I will if you want...

Take a nap sleepy.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:04 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,583,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Australia had a mentally illness mass shooter kill 35 people. Because they weren't morons, they realized that there is always going to be mentally ill people and its much easier to get rid of guns then monitor people. so they got rid of guns. This was in 1996. They haven't had a single spree shooting since.
But did they pass a law banning food, cars, trucks, and knives too? Or is that just a patently moronic argument for reasons that should be so obvious that a child could easily comprehend?

Old 11-15-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Pass a gun law that criminals will abide to and you won’t have anymore shootings.
Only one third of the perpetrators of mass shootings between 2009 and 2016 were legally prohibited from owning a gun. Now tell what your new law is going to do to stop the 2/3 who apparently were legally armed. I'll be right here waiting...

https://everytownresearch.org/docume...-2009-2016.pdf

Old 11-15-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

Lockdown drills followed 9/11 as there was a notion of a school shooting/bombing threat to be committed following the jet attacks.

Instead of getting teachers armed, our school had 2 state troopers. If I have to go digging for a year book to prove it I will if you want...

Take a nap sleepy.
Snark doesn't help your arguments, but if that's all you've got go for it.

I don't care if your school had 100 troopers there are not enough troopers in the entire state to deploy them to every school and if they aren't present in the school they are not going to stop a mass shooter.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:10 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Only one third of the perpetrators of mass shootings between 2009 and 2016 were legally prohibited from owning a gun. Now tell what your new law is going to do to stop the 2/3 who apparently were legally armed. I'll be right here waiting...

https://everytownresearch.org/docume...-2009-2016.pdf
If you’re shooting people whether you bought it legally or not you’re a criminal. Again pass a law a criminal will abide to, because passing gun laws on good people is fruitless. Which a lot of you anti gun folks want to do, for what reason, is boggling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies