U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 01:09 PM

30,893 posts, read 13,440,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
The tax bill gives money back to people of all incomes, fact. Only a fool would want to pay more money to the government
Think about your statement "the tax bill gives money back to people of all incomes" That means NOTHING and that's why Ryan is using that language, if 10% of the people in each income tax a break he's not lying.

Are you aware that PAYGO will kick in the day this is signed and there will be a mandatory 150 billion dollar cut from other programs including 25 billion from medicare and the other 125 billion from other programs such as Customs and Border Patrol, the Student Loan Administration and the Military Retirement Fund?

And that is in order to give corporations a big wet kiss and it seems that they have no plans to increase capital investment. When a room full of CEO's was asked if they would raise their capital investments when the tax plan is passed - only five of them raised their hand.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 01:12 PM

5,508 posts, read 6,098,530 times
Quote:
"A majority of Americans of all incomes will benefit from the Tax Cut & Jobs Act that House Republicans have just passed."

"At every income level, there's a boost to after-tax income."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/her...lan-2017-11-13

That is good enough for me, my family would save 2k from the plan, Middle class no kids. If the senate botches this I'm sending them a bill, and probably cry.
And yet as I sit here eating my lunch in a deli where I am involuntarily watching Fox News, they (Fox News) are talking about how this tax bill will actually raise taxes on 36 million Americans, including those on fixed incomes.

Tired of winning yet?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:12 PM

29,291 posts, read 39,616,576 times
Millions of Americans making above $75K and itemizing will see substantial tax increases with this bill. And it is not just the big blue states either as they want you to think. Trump and his cronies will get massive cuts.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:15 PM

2,911 posts, read 904,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
And yet as I sit here eating my lunch in a deli where I am involuntarily watching Fox News, they (Fox News) are talking about how this tax bill will actually raise taxes on 36 million Americans, including those on fixed incomes.

Tired of winning yet?
No bill is perfect but when a "vast majority of Americans benefit" that is good enough for me and even working democrats. My family and millions others would get a 2k a year tax cut.

The rich pay the majority of taxes in the country, of course they will receive a higher portion as they should.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM

7,082 posts, read 3,429,992 times
All of trump's buddies at Mar A Lago are celebrating, giving 5 buck tips to the foreign workers he hired.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
No bill is perfect but when a "vast majority of Americans benefit" that is good enough for me and even working democrats. My family and millions others would get a 2k a year tax cut
Oh, well, as long as you get yours.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:20 PM

1,303 posts, read 430,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Millions of Americans making above $75K and itemizing will see substantial tax increases with this bill. And it is not just the big blue states either as they want you to think. Trump and his cronies will get massive cuts.
Yep. $70k salary here and it'll cost me around $1k more in taxes.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:21 PM

2,911 posts, read 904,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Oh, well, as long as you get yours.
Once again, this is according to analysis done by an economist in the obama era treasury department:

"A majority of Americans of all incomes will benefit from the Tax Cut & Jobs Act that House Republicans have just passed."

Old 11-16-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Once again, this is according to analysis done by an economist in the obama era treasury department:

There seems to be a lot of disagreement about that. Did you notice that even FOX NEWS is being critical?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:28 PM

32,702 posts, read 13,820,479 times
Paul Ryan indicated there would be a tax cut for every demographic, so where is the money coming from other than deficit spending.

No keg party this time around, if anything passes the senate it wont look anything close to this. The GOP had to show something to their donors and here it is, but in the end this will also fail unless they come up with fair reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or