Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 08:27 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,673,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Paying down corporate debt by increasing the national debt is not a good thing.
Agreed, very good point. This is just shifting debt from corporate balance sheets to government balance sheets.

And then the same people who support this bill will turn around and complain about "the national debt" being "caused by Obama phones and food stamps" or whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

34,937 posts, read 36,167,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I got no problem with paying down debt. They want to buy stock back as they don't want to be public anymore and have the SEC along with a number of other organizations watching them. So they can do as they please.

As a small business owner, you cut my taxes, I will be honest, It'll go right into my pocket. Don't need anymore employees, can get legit independent contractors (other businesses) and 1099. IF I need anyone.

What has been shoved down our throats since Reaganomics is that they wiill expand and add jobs if taxes are cut and they'll bring money back.

The trickle down is actually P*$$*ng on my boots and telling me its raining.
Exactly. The only way any business is hiring people or raising salaries is need or want.

Large corporations don’t stifle growth by not hiring people due to their large corporate tax rates. LOL.

34,937 posts, read 36,167,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Agreed, very good point. This is just shifting debt from corporate balance sheets to government balance sheets.

And then the same people who support this bill will turn around and complain about "the national debt" being "caused by Obama phones and food stamps" or whatever.
While collecting “disability.”

Old 11-15-2017, 08:30 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,673,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
While collecting “disability.”
Keep your government hands off my SS disability and my medicare! Also pay down the deficit while cutting taxes and spending more on the military plz thx

Old 11-15-2017, 08:39 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,625,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

It is a boon for the workers. They pay less taxes and there will be more jobs because the economy will expand due to overseas money coming back into this country.
no, it's not. how can a company expand a business if people can't afford to buy their widgets?

some of the middle class getting an extra thousand dollar tax break is essentially useless. that equals $2.74 per day.

that's not 'buying power'.

this bill serves the wealthy only.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:45 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,625,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
poor babies. Anyone I know bringing in that type of money a year is considered high income earners..

Nice to see you defend "the rich"...
so the poor babies making $2-400k get no pity from you but the ones making over $1m are in desperate need, huh?

conservative illogic at its finest!

Old 11-15-2017, 08:56 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,090,003 times
Man, seeing all of these posts in favor of trickle down economics makes me wish the guy who shot Reagan was a better shot. The amount of damage that guy did while in the White House with his stupid ideas, while brain washing an entire generation of boomers and starting the transition of our conservative party into a reactionary one.... It'll be very difficult for moderates and liberals dig our country out of this mess.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:09 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Well I'm glad you consider 200k rich, after paying taxes, sending kids to college, etc that's not rich.
So your whining because you have to pay taxes, send kids to college etc? ya know..
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I wouldn't complain with that income and that's for sure. I do ok, but not 200k.
I also don't begrudge those who do make the money. Im not in their wallet or demanding they get hammered with excessive taxes.
Before I look at tax increases I want an audit of every government agency. Our Fed is hemorrhaging cash in wasteful spending. The carelessness of it is what is so appalling. 40 million on a gas station in Afghanistan .
I know chump change.

One of my favorite examples.
State Department Waste: Booze, Crystal, and a Million-Dollar Stack of Rocks

Until we get some accountability we are over taxed.
I dont begrudge those who make money either, I just find it funny these people who are making far more than most in society, whining because others might get to pay a little bit less, even though its far more than they pay themselves. its pretty hypocritical and stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Paying down corporate debt by increasing the national debt is not a good thing.
Its not increasing the national debt, its LOWERING it because this money would NEVER return back tot he USA and become subjected to taxes..

Old 11-15-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
so the poor babies making $2-400k get no pity from you but the ones making over $1m are in desperate need, huh?

conservative illogic at its finest!
If your gonna run around whining that others who pay most of the tab arent paying enough, expect to be get called hypocritical for whining that your taxes are gonna go up...

I think EVERYONE overpays, except those who pay ZERO, which is 1/2 of the taxpayers.. when THESE people start to pay their fair share, then we can discuss whats fair..

Old 11-15-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
no, it's not. how can a company expand a business if people can't afford to buy their widgets?

some of the middle class getting an extra thousand dollar tax break is essentially useless. that equals $2.74 per day.

that's not 'buying power'.

this bill serves the wealthy only.
The left ran around celebrating a $400 one time credit under the Obamacare stimulus package, claiming it saved the worlds economy, now $1,000 per year is "nothing"..

How can it serve the wealthy if the middle class increase in "buying power" is useless? That makes no sense at all..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies