U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-17-2017, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Central Florida
3,368 posts, read 1,784,635 times
Reputation: 11405

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Again you have no proof especially when you don't address my posts which prove you wrong.

You can quit trolling anytime now. Keep it up and the thread will be closed.
Trolling is disagreeing with you? OK. When a woman is groped is she supposed to just ignore it, accept it, or in the back of her mind, feel lucky that was all that happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-17-2017, 10:48 AM
 
9,418 posts, read 4,533,668 times
Reputation: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
he lured them in by taking his car out of the driveway to make it look like he wasn't home.

of course the kids should not have broken in. if he just held them at gunpoint and called the police that would have been the right thing to do.

he recorded himself outlining his plan to murder. even made 'practice' calls to a lawyer.
No loss. Two criminals gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I showed you the posts where you said that a butt pinch or grab by a stranger is not a threat.
And I explained why it isn't yet you ignore that. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Are you now admitting that it is actually a threat?
LMAO What an absurd observation. How you come up with these adsurd notions is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What's with all of the deflection?
No deflection on my part. Thats something you make up because you don't have a leg to stand on. No proof whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The jogger chased him. Maybe to see where he was going so that she could call the police so that he would not be out on the streets again, grabbing and groping women.
Could be. Not smart to get close though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The threat was not gone just because he left
The threat to her in that point of time most certainly was gone. It's silly to say otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The threat is still very much in the community and the odds are good that he will do this again.
Agreed. But again the use of the word threat is overly dramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If this woman jogs in this area, she could be attacked again by the same man who is still very much a threat.
Agreed. Except the threat of getting ones butt pinched isn't a percusor to a violent attack or a rape. AND unless one is being physically harmed or about to be one cannot use force on another. You can't ignore that. No one has a right to harm another unless they are defending property or the life of another.

What you consider a threat, pinching ones butt isn't a threat. A violent person on the loose is a threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 10:51 AM
 
9,418 posts, read 4,533,668 times
Reputation: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And I explained why it isn't yet you ignore that. Why?

LMAO What an absurd observation. How you come up with these adsurd notions is beyond me.

No deflection on my part. Thats something you make up because you don't have a leg to stand on. No proof whatsoever.

Could be. Not smart to get close though.

The threat to her most certainly was. It's silly to say otherwise.

Agreed.

Agreed. Except the threat of getting ones butt pinched isn't a percusor to a violent attack or a rape. AND unless one is being physically harmed or about to be one cannot use force on another. You can't ignore that. No one has a right to harm another unless they are defending property or the life of another.

What you consider a threat, pinching ones butt isn't a threat. A violent person on the loose is a threat.
And a man unwantingly pinching a woman can be a threat, she has the right to defend herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Trolling is disagreeing with you? OK.
No trolling is continually making things up about me as you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
When a woman is groped is she supposed to just ignore it, accept it, or in the back of her mind, feel lucky that was all that happened?
At least that is a legitimate question lol I have already commented a few times on what to do.
Hers' a copy and paste from a previous post.

The advice offered by too many is insane. Women if a man grabs your butt say something, smack the hand away, but don't attack. The harm that may very well come to you could be serious. Men are much stronger and are better fighters. Talk to police or those who head up womans shelters if you want proof of what physical damage can be done.

Men should be careful too. There are people who'll do something like this because they have their buddies around them for protection. Be aware of your surroundings and don't engage unless you have no choice.

Do you think what I've said is reasonable? Things like get a description of the perp. Follow him if you think it's safe.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 11-17-2017 at 11:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And a man unwantingly pinching a woman can be a threat, she has the right to defend herself.
Yes it could be a threat but highly unlikely. I'll ask this again as it answers your statement.
How often do you hear a victim of rape or a violent assault say "it started with pinching my butt"?

An office creep who is sexually harrasing her, sure could be. But other than that, when it comes to a heinous act like rape or broken limbs? Extremely rare. I haven't heard of it but I'm sure it's happened.

I get it, women get pawed and have sexist comments thrown at them all to often. You cannot turn to violence unless there is physical harm. It may not turn out well for the women.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 11-17-2017 at 11:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 11:07 AM
 
9,568 posts, read 5,764,693 times
Reputation: 9636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And I explained why it isn't yet you ignore that. Why?
No you didn't. You deflected, denied and talked tough but never explained why a butt pinch is not a threat. In fact you denied ever saying it. And now you're back to saying it. Talking in circles and going nowhere.

Quote:
Agreed. But again the use of the word threat is overly dramatic.
In your own words, "a violent person on the loose is a threat." Grabbing a women and groping her while she's out jogging is an act of violence. It's called sexual assault. Thankfully it didn't escalate because the woman had a knife and was able to stab him and scare him off.

Quote:
Agreed. Except the threat of getting ones butt pinched isn't a percusor to a violent attack or a rape. AND unless one is being physically harmed or about to be one cannot use force on another. You can't ignore that. No one has a right to harm another unless they are defending property or the life of another.
A strange man who grabs a woman's butt sends the message that he is not in control of his impulses and or doesn't respect women and sees this woman as nothing but a sexual object of which he is free to touch whether she consents or not. As you said earlier, "men are stronger and better fighters then women". If that is true then this man's pinch on the butt is a threat. She has no reason to believe that things won't escalate. She has every right to protect herself.

Quote:
What you consider a threat, pinching ones butt isn't a threat. A violent person on the loose is a threat.
Both are threats. If I'm out for a walk and a strange man comes up and pinches my butt I'm going to feel very threatened. If I'm checking out at the grocery store and the man behind me grabs my butt, I'm going to feel threatened. There is nothing about it that is ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 AM
 
9,568 posts, read 5,764,693 times
Reputation: 9636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I get it, women get pawed and have sexist comments thrown at them all to often. You cannot turn to violence unless there is physical harm. It may not turn out well for the women.
It may not turn out well for the woman no matter what she does. It's a no win situation for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
No you didn't. You deflected, denied and talked tough but never explained why a butt pinch is not a threat.
lol I most certainly did not deflect and I most certainly did answer your childish comment, more than once. You played a silly gotcha game and it backfired. Not that you care about the truth. I said time and time again a butt pinch is not a physical threat, That you say otherwise is absurd. Keep making things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
In fact you denied ever saying it.
No I didn't that's another thing in a long line of things you made up and have no proof. It's telling. Go ahead and show proof I denied saying a butt pinch isn't a threat. My entire argiement is if it was just a butt pinch that isn't a threat. Your posts are horribly inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
And now you're back to saying it.
That's something else you've made up and you have no proof or you'd show it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Talking in circles and going nowhere.
lol I most certainly said time and time again a butt pinch is not a physical threat, That you make things up is noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
In your own words, "a violent person on the loose is a threat."
You made that up. What I said was
"What you consider a threat, pinching ones butt isn't a threat. A violent person on the loose is a threat."
Not that you care about the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Grabbing a women and groping her while she's out jogging is an act of violence. It's called sexual assault.
It's not a threat unless you can prove it was more than a grope. If he grabbed her and held her sure thats a threat. If it was a squeeze and go, which is what I'm discussing, it isn't a threat. No where close. The problem is you seeing things that aren't there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Thankfully it didn't escalate because the woman had a knife and was able to stab him and scare him off.
It didn't escalate because she showed good sense -
“She gave chase for a little bit, and then decided to go back home and make the report to police,” Wilking said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A strange man who grabs a woman's butt sends the message that he is not in control of his impulses and or doesn't respect women and sees this woman as nothing but a sexual object of which he is free to touch whether she consents or not.
Agreed we've been over this but you keep yammering on. It's not a threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
As you said earlier, "men are stronger and better fighters then women". If that is true then this man's pinch on the butt is a threat.
No it's not. To say so is a drama queen comment. No substance just histrionics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
She has no reason to believe that things won't escalate. She has every right to protect herself.
Agreed yet you have no idea what exactly happened. Instead you make things up and COMPLETELY IGNORE what I've said while making up a different scenario. We do know the victim showed good sense and broke off the chase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Both are threats.
No they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If I'm out for a walk and a strange man comes up and pinches my butt I'm going to feel very threatened. If I'm checking out at the grocery store and the man behind me grabs my butt, I'm going to feel threatened. There is nothing about it that is ok.
Really in a grocery store? LMAO Now you've really hit the drama queen comment full blown. How in the world does one feel threatened in a grocery store? Maybe if it wa deserted. How many attacks does one encounter there? You won't answer just like you never once, not once answered the following question because it would expose your silly daitrabe for what it is.

How many times do rape victims of victims of a violent assault say "it started with a butt pinch". You won't answer that or my other question will you? That's your MO in this thread. Deflect from what's important and completely change the scenario in order to deflect and make unfounded unassociated comments.

That you continue on this perverted sense of justice is telling.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-18-2017 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: TOS violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,609 posts, read 11,144,503 times
Reputation: 6102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It may not turn out well for the woman no matter what she does. It's a no win situation for her.
That could very well be true. But it's not a no win. She already did win. She didn't get hurt and hopefully her description will catch the perp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:32 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top