U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 03:03 PM

26,308 posts, read 18,931,153 times

Advertisements

good stab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 03:06 PM

9,461 posts, read 2,308,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh great, now we have to guess which one you are referring too.
Now THAT made me laugh!

Old 11-15-2017, 03:07 PM

853 posts, read 586,930 times
Good for her!

Old 11-15-2017, 03:09 PM

41,505 posts, read 51,274,872 times
If some guy groped me I would be so astonished I might not react properly. A proper reaction is to take the guy's hand and break it off his arm. Or at least try. If a woman groped me I would be similarly astonished but instead of attacking I would probably ask her for a date.

I am a creature of my time. Boomer boys were taught that groping girls was OK. Apparently that is no longer so.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:11 PM

14,179 posts, read 11,595,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't know the details, but it would be hard to justify lethal force for simply being grouped.

We would need a lot more details before we could know if this level of force was justified.

I would disagree. An approach from behind and a groping of a woman's personal areas warrants a lethal response. This is showing an intent to escalate into rape. No way man. I would not criticize any woman who responded such as this woman did.

I wonder at her pursuit of him, most women would have been satisfied to stop the attack whether the attacker is down or in flight. She's an ornery one this lady. My lady defended herself from an attempted rape with a knife.

The attacker did more than grope. I will not fully detail the damage she did but though he did live to stand trial he had to do so from a wheelchair with a bag tied to it. Where he will remain while he rethinks his life in prison.

Groping is a serious offense against a woman's personal space. Any creep who does it should not be surprised if he gets hurt or killed. Especially on the street. These creeps who try it at office parties and such I wish would get the same response.

It is an assault. Pure and simple. It's NOT harmless or innocent. It's disgusting.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:59 PM

23,860 posts, read 11,866,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
She should definitely be charged with attempted murder.
She wonít.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:02 PM

23,860 posts, read 11,866,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't know the details, but it would be hard to justify lethal force for simply being grouped.

We would need a lot more details before we could know if this level of force was justified.
She had no idea it was a grope. She felt a hand grab her and she reacted in self Defense. If she keeps repeating I was in fear of my life, it will never get past a grand jury.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:04 PM

32,321 posts, read 26,189,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The news these days is unfortunately filled with women that were victimized by sexual assault/harassment. Every day women are subject to these kinds of attacks, not only Hollywood.

But at times good news come out of these types of incidents. Good for the victim to fight back.

She better not get charged with anything.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jogger-st...103116234.html
good for her!! more women need to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
She should definitely be charged with attempted murder.
really? she was attacked while jogging and minding her own business, and you think that the guy is the victim here? what, are you the guy she stabbed?

Old 11-15-2017, 05:07 PM

32,321 posts, read 26,189,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Jogger stabs man with knife after he groped her

So then (I have to ask) ... is the president recovering?
yes apparently bill clinton is doing fine, for now. hillary might have something to say when she gets home though.

Old 11-15-2017, 05:10 PM

20,376 posts, read 9,934,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If some guy groped me I would be so astonished I might not react properly. A proper reaction is to take the guy's hand and break it off his arm. Or at least try. If a woman groped me I would be similarly astonished but instead of attacking I would probably ask her for a date.

I am a creature of my time. Boomer boys were taught that groping girls was OK. Apparently that is no longer so.
I'm a boomer. Nobody I know was taught it was okay to grope girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or