Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2017, 11:59 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The groping suspect approached the jogger from behind in the attack on Friday at 6am, police said, which happened near Liberty Park in the city.

The jogger turned on the suspect and stabbed him multiple times, before chasing him past a nearby bus stop and down an alleyway, where the attacker got away, KUTV reports.
The governor of Minnesota should appoint this woman jogger to the Senate to replace Al Franken after he resigns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 12:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
To my mind it shows a threat. That escalation is forthcoming. A man who gropes a woman is more than just a bad mannered twit. Groping is a physical assault. I'll back off my temper a bit(I'm not a good one to ask about this) and temper level of response befitting a particular situation. On the street by some total stranger out of the blue if the groper is still standing there when a woman spins on him, his total bad.

He shouldn't be surprised if he's staring down the barrel of a pistol. If he grabs and runs like a rabbit, pursuit should not be taken, but the police need to be looking for the creep. Such actions could easily escalate to attempted rape.

Some drunk cretin at an office party who does this should expect a flat palm strike to his nose. Point is, groping does warrant a physical response. A woman has complete right to her physical space and also a complete right to defend said space. How she does so is of any of my business.

Groping is just a completely brain dead action. The woman being groped may have suffered being raped and if this is the case her response is likely to be quite violent. And there's no way to know. Enter a woman's personal space uninvited at your own risk.
It is everyones business. You don't get any special rights because you're a woman. That's an emotional, irrational point of view. Just like your point that a grope will turn into rape. Really? That's where you're going with this? An obscure example that somehow rationalizes your use of force?
Only enough force that is necessary to make the person stop. You want to open hand attention getting smack someone okay I get it, no biggie. A grope isn't a reason to bloody someones nose. Someone walks by and pinches your backside you don't get to hit them over the head with a coffee pot and not be held accountable. If the perpetrator is grabbing for all they're worth then yes defend yourself.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It is everyones business. You don't get any special rights because you're a woman. That's an emotional, irrational point of view. Just like your point that a grope will turn into rape. Really? That's where you're going with this? An obscure example that somehow rationalizes your use of force?
Only enough force that is necessary to make the person stop. You want to open hand attention getting smack someone okay I get it, no biggie. A grope isn't a reason to bloody someones nose. Someone walks by and pinches your backside you don't get to hit them over the head with a coffee pot and not be held accountable. If the perpetrator is grabbing for all they're worth then yes defend yourself.
Yes you can.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:37 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't know the details, but it would be hard to justify lethal force for simply being grouped.

We would need a lot more details before we could know if this level of force was justified.
According to the article,
Quote:
Police believe the suspect has minor wounds to his chest and arms.
Good for the jogger for taking steps to protect herself.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:38 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
If someone gropes someone else, that person has every reason to punch them square in the face, or knee them right in the balls.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes you can.
lol of course one is physically able to do. But just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
Just to be clear Chivalry has nothing to do with bodily harm.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
If someone gropes someone else, that person has every reason to punch them square in the face, or knee them right in the balls.
The balls? Really? I see how it is with sexist people like you. Women aren't "grabby"?

Old 11-16-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
lol of course one is physically able to do. But just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
Just to be clear Chivalry has nothing to do with bodily harm.
If someone walks up to some woman on the street and pinches her butt, she has every right to strike back.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If someone walks up to some woman on the street and pinches her butt, she has every right to strike back.
In order to stop an assault. A get off me smack? Okay But forceful paybacks get you time. For the most part anyway.

Shes lucky he wasn't a physically aggressive man. She could have been the one bleeding or worse. The idea is to be aware of your surroundings and to not engage unless you're being physically hit. A butt pinch isn't a threat.

Old 11-16-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
In order to stop an assault. A get off me smack? Okay But forceful paybacks get you time. For the most part anyway.

Shes lucky he wasn't a physically aggressive man. She could have been the one bleeding or worse. The idea is to be aware of your surroundings and to not engage unless you're being physically hit. A butt pinch isn't a threat.
And yet it is.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/201...-arrested.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies