Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 01:16 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,733,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How many times have you had a stranger pinch your butt? Was the stranger bigger then you or smaller? Male of female? How did it make you feel?
It's not about me.
One more time in hopes you'll get it and don't deflect yet again. A butt pinch isn't a threat.

Your childish gotcha posts are getting boorish. You can quit trolling anytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 01:49 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,027,881 times
Any unwanted physical contact, assuming it's intentional, can be considered an assault. And a knife, in my opinion, is a legitimate tool to fend off a physical assault. Having said that, this woman would have been better off giving the guy a face full of mace (pepper spray) instead.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:15 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,595,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's just your twisted agenda. Again it's not about me. Again a butt pinch isn't a threat.
if it never happened to you how are you so sure it's not a threat?

did the women you know who've had it happen to them tell you so? did you conduct a survey?

did it happen to you? is that why you are so sure?

some posters seem to have a lot of butt pinching experience.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:24 PM

26,646 posts, read 13,591,215 times
Quote:
It's not about me.
One more time in hopes you'll get it and don't deflect yet again. A butt pinch isn't a threat.
You're right, it's not about you. Your insistence that a butt pinch via a stranger is just your uniformed opinion and definitely does not apply to many people who do feel threatened by such an act.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:49 PM

11,054 posts, read 10,615,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
When is the threat gone? That's a matter of perception and so what, the threat was within her range of vision so it wasn't gone now was it? Its like those hormone ridden teenage boys who come lurking around your daughters bedroom windows at night. One of them has an "accident", steps on a rake or bear trap in the weeds, word spreads.

Goddamn lawyers.
As a friend of mine liked to say, you don't have to scare every boy that comes around. Just scare the first one bad enough that he tells the story.

As for the threat, the assailant should be very thankful that he committed the act in New York, where carrying a firearm is discouraged. Somewhere like Houston, he may have ended up as the headline of an obituary before he managed to retreat. Not that I'd have a problem with that result, either.

I do chuckle every time I imagine the perp running for his life while being chased by a middle-aged female jogger. It just sends warm fuzzies through my heart to see someone in NY willing to defend themselves. I'd just recommend that she swing the knife lower next time, say around crotch level.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:05 PM

18,126 posts, read 15,521,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How many times have you had a stranger pinch your butt? Was the stranger bigger then you or smaller? Male of female? How did it make you feel?

This just seems like such a simple concept to me about a woman's physical space. Butt pinch, a** grab, copping any kind of cheap feel is just flat over the top. How any given woman responds to this depends on many factors.

She may shrug it off, she may respond verbally, she may lay a face slap on, or she just might bust the creeps nose or even much more. Where this happens, who's doing the laying on of hands, her individual personality and maybe she has a history of having been assaulted.

Anyone who feels they can get off with any certain level of response (as in thinking I will be light if any) does so at their own risk. There is NO comparison between a man grabbing a woman's butt or other area and a woman doing the same to a man either.

Such things do not put men into fight or flight whereas with a woman this is the first triggered instinct. That' just the way it is. Men are in the vast majority much more physically powerful than women and men don't feel threatened by such behavior the same way women do.

I don't see how some people find that so hard to understand. Men and women are different. Physically and mentally/emotionally.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:10 PM

276 posts, read 177,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Any unwanted physical contact, assuming it's intentional, can be considered an assault. And a knife, in my opinion, is a legitimate tool to fend off a physical assault. Having said that, this woman would have been better off giving the guy a face full of mace (pepper spray) instead.
Lethal force for being groped? What if a guy pushes me at the bar, is that not the equivalent?

Old 11-18-2017, 09:07 PM

4,788 posts, read 2,769,720 times
Default Not lethal, & the cases aren't equivalent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Lethal force for being groped? What if a guy pushes me at the bar, is that not the equivalent?
Go back & look @ the article @ the URL. It wasn't lethal force, it was some kind of small-bladed knife, & she made only shallow cuts on the perp. It doesn't sound like she stabbed @ all - probably just as well, she might have lost the weapon altogether @ that point, or broken the point off inside him.

If she had used lethal force, the perp wouldn't have run away, he'd have been bleeding out or dead there @ her feet. As that didn't happen, (nor TMK has a death-by-slashing victim showed up & been ascribed to her) she didn't use lethal force. The local law will specify if she can be charged @ all, & I think in looking @ her weapon, it will depend on the length of the blade. & of course, she may not be charged @ all.

The bar scenario is not equivalent to a woman jogging along, in public, minding her own business. In a bar, you know going in that people drink, there may be tobacco smoke, & yah, some guys may not be mellow individuals to begin with, & after a few drinks, they may get downright belligerent. You know all that going in, bars as such can range all over the map in terms of their decorum.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:52 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,027,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
If there was a big difference in size between the groper and the woman, as there often is between a man and a woman, then I would say that lethal force is justified. But like I said above, pepper spray probably would have been a better response. And as for two guys in a bar fight, if there's not a major difference in size, then lethal force would not be justified.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:43 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,376,352 times
Quote:
A butt pinch isn't a threat.
Actually it is assault ... and battery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies