Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 06:01 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Historic statues are being taken down because a few people are "offended".

I guess they DON'T want to "share society"
Those historic statues were odes to the losers of a civil war. Why should they be kept on public grounds? Its stupid.

Quote:
Religion has been attacked for decades now.

No 10 Commandments in public buildings,

They should never have been in public, government buildings in the first place. A government should be areligious. Would you be okay with the Confirmation in the Qoran being placed in our public buildings?

Quote:
No more prayers in school.

This is probably the BIGGEST falsehood so many believe. You absolutely CAN pray in school WHENEVER you want. It just cannot be lead by the school or teachers. What is wrong with that? Switch out Christianity to another religion. Still offended by that?

Quote:
No religous symbols in ANY public place.

No more Christmas in public. It is now "winter holiday"

I guess you DON'T want to share the society.
More lies. I'll be going to a Christmas parade in my city today where there will be a mix of religious symbols and ideas marching down Main Street. Christmas carols will be playing in public all day long. Then for the next 6 weeks, radio stations will be playing Christmas music, malls will be festooned with Christmas decor, schools will have off for Christmas and there will be Christmas parties and recitals etc in public schools. What are you going on about?

Quote:
Ban guns.

I could FILL this thread with examples.
WHO wants to ban guns?

So many of your fears are truly baseless.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:12 AM

299 posts, read 255,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Those historic statues were odes to the losers of a civil war. Why should they be kept on public grounds? Its stupid.

They should never have been in public, government buildings in the first place. A government should be areligious. Would you be okay with the Confirmation in the Qoran being placed in our public buildings?

This is probably the BIGGEST falsehood so many believe. You absolutely CAN pray in school WHENEVER you want. It just cannot be lead by the school or teachers. What is wrong with that? Switch out Christianity to another religion. Still offended by that?

More lies. I'll be going to a Christmas parade in my city today where there will be a mix of religious symbols and ideas marching down Main Street. Christmas carols will be playing in public all day long. Then for the next 6 weeks, radio stations will be playing Christmas music, malls will be festooned with Christmas decor, schools will have off for Christmas and there will be Christmas parties and recitals etc in public schools. What are you going on about?

WHO wants to ban guns?

So many of your fears are truly baseless.
Nice post. One thing I've always found interesting is that when most Christians talk about religious freedom they are really only talking about Christian freedom. They would not want the same freedoms given to Jewish or Muslim people.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:14 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer68 View Post
Nice post. One thing I've always found interesting is that when most Christians talk about religious freedom they are really only talking about Christian freedom. They would not want the same freedoms given to Jewish or Muslim people.
Exactly. They can't handle the idea that Christianity is one of many religions and that Christians don't (shouldn't) hold a monopoly on religious freedom.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:38 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
It seems that whites suffer under the new PC environment, conservatives do too (either the Gaystapo or Leftist owned companies), companies seem to favor foreigners (illegal or H1Bs) over Americans, AA seems to favor women over men, and Christians seemed to be lower in favor of Muslims and atheists. I know it's not PC (might even be a punishable offense on CD), but I thought I'd bring it up to see what others have observed.

It almost seems, some days, that there is an unwritten "Jim Crow" against white straight conservative Christian American males.

One of the most entertaining aspects of this forum is the whiny, pouting cries of "unfair!" coming from my fellow white guys who complain bitterly about "how tough they've got it" in America.

Perspective, boys.

Get some.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:43 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Whenever a certain number of Blacks move into a neighborhood, it triggers an exodus of some people out of that neighborhood.
But that is largely because some people think it will bring more crime, poverty, worsening schools, falling property values and other problems into that neighborhood.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:08 AM

138 posts, read 151,159 times
I notice that straight white Christian and/or conservative males who are wealthy, or perhaps upper middle/middle class professionals, don’t seem so frightened of “persecution.” It seems much more concentrated amongst lower middle class and poor white men. Maybe it’s just because lower class individuals tend to be more socially conservative; but I feel like these feelings can be directly traced to economic anxiety. Many rural areas have been economically devastated while the liberal, diverse urban areas are thriving. Granted, the perceived elitist attitude amongst liberals does not help.

Old 11-18-2017, 11:59 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanfze55 View Post
but I feel like these feelings can be directly traced to economic anxiety. Many rural areas have been economically devastated while the liberal, diverse urban areas are thriving. Granted, the perceived elitist attitude amongst liberals does not help.
Nailed it dwindling economic prospects coupled with social conservatism create these delusions of persecution. I agree the coastal elite arrogantly looking down on them does not help what needs to happen is a movement that unites all of the working class if the democrats did that Republicans would never win another election.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:31 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
No kidding, liberals hate straight white males and blame them for everything.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:33 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
It seems that whites suffer under the new PC environment, conservatives do too (either the Gaystapo or Leftist owned companies), companies seem to favor foreigners (illegal or H1Bs) over Americans, AA seems to favor women over men, and Christians seemed to be lower in favor of Muslims and atheists. I know it's not PC (might even be a punishable offense on CD), but I thought I'd bring it up to see what others have observed.

It almost seems, some days, that there is an unwritten "Jim Crow" against white straight conservative Christian American males.
Nobody - absolutely nobody - can feel as victimized as people losing an unearned privilege they'd come to consider a law of nature.

There, there, you'll get over it.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:36 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
There's an "I'm a victim!" culture among the far right (particularly Christians) that's as bad as anything that black people have. Keep crying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies