Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 01:06 PM

17,744 posts, read 15,443,527 times

Advertisements

And people are 3 years older, which means a segment of folks have entered the most expensive levels of healthcare insurance coverage, between ages 50 and 64, the years before Medicare kicks in. Rates have continued to rise and this year (2017) even more so since insurance company subsidies were removed by Trump in one of his executive orders.

Until someone can explain to me how the GOP healthcare plan will reduce costs for the majority of people, then I'm not seeing how it's better. And why would anyone want to go with a plan that's even more costly?

Old 11-16-2017, 01:10 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,910,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Before Obamacare our insurance premiums for both DH and I was $450.00 a month. after Obamacare it went up to over $600, then it went up to $920 for 2017. And for 2018 our premiums are $1,528 a MONTH

How in the HELL do Democrats think Obamacare is a good thing? In what f***n world? That's it, we are done, dropping out, and believe me, I'm not the only one being raked over the coals, more people will drop out and Obamacare = CRASH AND BURN! scr*w it! I hope it does and I don't care who loses insurance and don't whine "what about the poor", do the poor give a damn if I lose insurance, of course they don't.

And here's Obama saying insurance premiums would go down ... jack ass! Now lets hear how I should just pay it and shut up. Anything they would have done would be better than this but Democrats had to block that too. A bunch of jack asses.
Imagine thinking that this was an intelligent post

Actually, the OP, probably didn't even think that.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:06 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no subsidy here. I make way too much to get a subsidy.

Why does everyone think everyone else is on welfare?
If you work for a large corporation then you likely are getting subsidized... by your employer.

Corporations routinely contribute part of their revenue to help cover the cost of employee healthcare insurance.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:17 PM

6,389 posts, read 4,094,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
If you work for a large corporation then you likely are getting subsidized... by your employer.

Corporations routinely contribute part of their revenue to help cover the cost of employee healthcare insurance.
I explained in subsequent posts that he was referring to federal government subsidies, which is why petch is so angry. Again, sorry to burst peoples bubble here, but I have never gotten anything for free and I don't want anything for free from the government.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:21 PM

Insurance companies used to get subsidies from the government, which allowed rates to stay lower. Not low, just lower. Trump removed those subsidies to insurance companies, and rates skyrocketed this year.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:26 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,614,319 times
Quote:
Before Obamacare our insurance premiums for both DH and I was $450.00 a month. after Obamacare it went up to over $600, then it went up to $920 for 2017. And for 2018 our premiums are $1,528 a MONTH

How in the HELL do Democrats think Obamacare is a good thing? In what f***n world? That's it, we are done, dropping out, and believe me, I'm not the only one being raked over the coals, more people will drop out and Obamacare = CRASH AND BURN! scr*w it! I hope it does and I don't care who loses insurance and don't whine "what about the poor", do the poor give a damn if I lose insurance, of course they don't.

And here's Obama saying insurance premiums would go down ... jack ass! Now lets hear how I should just pay it and shut up. Anything they would have done would be better than this but Democrats had to block that too. A bunch of jack asses.
]

Obamacare has massive sign up numbers this year. so hardluck mate, looks like even Rs making it cost more it is still there.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:45 PM

39,019 posts, read 51,043,821 times
Quote:
So where do you go?

That's what I should have done this year. I "seriously" considered it but ended up getting insurance and paid $950 a MONTH! and when I did go to the doctor got raked over the coals again. I would have been better off not getting health care insurance.

And remember, I'm not the only one. I'm sure there will be many people dropping out. CRASH AND BURN!
Why do you think that is so much or that Obamacare has anything to do with it? I get insurance through my former employer. I pay full price. It is a group plan that has nothing to do with Obamacare. It costs $1400 per month! It has been at that level for about 3 years now, so it sounds like you have been getting off cheap. I will grant you that I have lower deductibles than any ACA plan now sold in my state, though. But health insurance is EXPENSIVE, VERY VERY EXPENSIVE regardless of where you get it. When employers pick up the tab, it hides the real cost.

The Trump Middle Class Tax Increase will get rid of the deduction for health insurance we had and will make it even worse now.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:39 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,961,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Insurance companies used to get subsidies from the government, which allowed rates to stay lower. Not low, just lower. Trump removed those subsidies to insurance companies, and rates skyrocketed this year.
Wrong.. the COURTS ruled the subsidies were ILLEGAL because Congress never authorized them. Trump just FOLLOWED THE LAW..

Obama also delayed much of Obamacare until after he left office, for the next President to clean up and deal with his mess..

Why do you think he did that?

Old 11-16-2017, 06:15 PM

The subsidies, though not appropriated by Congress, did incentivize insurance companies on their rates, rightly or wrongly. When people ask, "WHY did my rates go up so much this year?" the stopping of the subsidies factors into that.

But never mind any of that. I want to see someone explain exactly how the GOP healthcare plan, at a cost that doubles premiums for some segments and in some cases even triples premiums, is a better plan. THAT'S what America was promised by the Trump. Cheaper, better, available for all. That's what I've been waiting for. Where is it?

Old 11-16-2017, 06:19 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,908,261 times
Quote:

Unless you believe that something like 60 percent of Americans are Democrats -- not only Democrats want Obamacare to stay and be fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies