U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 07:07 AM

66,240 posts, read 30,160,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
No, I want to give the most wealthy a tax cut and increase taxes on the struggling middle class to fund your $27 trillion dollar union slush fund.
Not my slush fund. Who promised those pensions? Not me.

Quote:
I used to be a supporter of public pensions until I read your entitled BS!
I've never been a public employee, nor do I have a public pension. /shrug
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 07:12 AM

16,861 posts, read 8,665,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
This is completely irrelevant.

No it is not. Corporations DON"T PAY TAXES. They are passed through to the consumer to maintain their gross margins (profit). If the consumer can't pay the company eventually goes bankrupt because their cost structure is out of line.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I think people seriously believe that there are groves of MONEY Trees that the Federal government own that actually provide the Cash to run things, support pensions, provide the jobs & goods that we all depend on.

Yes - CaLPERS is a good example of how Investments support those on a Pension. I don't know if they are the Largest in the USA, but they claim to be one of the Largest in the World.

About the Investment Office - CaLPERS.org
Liberals get angry when they're told the truth that if corporations aren't allowed to earn profits, pensions don't get paid and retirement accounts don't appreciate in value. /shrug

Old 11-16-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Is the criteria at City Data now that if a LINK is posted, that means the person that posted the LINK "supports" what it says?? That's very strange.

It's also pretty strange to assert that there are no "public sector pensions" in the State of Texas.
It's also very incorrect. Where do people get such wild ideas?
They're ignorant. You can tell that just by reading this thread. /shrug

Old 11-16-2017, 07:13 AM

16,861 posts, read 8,665,100 times
Let's talk about the REAL transfer of wealth. Taxes that are way too high, and onerous to fund every social program know to man that only keeps people in poverty, and dependent.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:14 AM

7,654 posts, read 4,504,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. CalPERS is the largest US investor. Are California's public employees/retirees the top 1%? NO.
You realize this is a SINGLE data point (datum), right? CalPERS could be the single largest US investor and still only hold 5% of the stock. And the majority of the benefit could go to the rich.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
You realize this is a SINGLE data point (datum), right? CalPERS could be the single largest US investor and still only hold 5% of the stock. And the majority of the benefit could go to the rich.
The rich don't have $27 trillion in assets. American workers'/retirees' pension plans/retirement accounts do.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:19 AM

4,173 posts, read 2,929,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Nothing but pure partisan B.S.!

You are so far off base there is no reason to attempt to have an "honest" discussion with you.

Post FAIL!
I strongly encourage you to not have any discussion with me, neither an "honest one" nor your usual kind!

Old 11-16-2017, 07:23 AM

4,173 posts, read 2,929,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not my slush fund. Who promised those pensions? Not me.

I've never been a public employee, nor do I have a public pension. /shrug
So your entire game of mock outrage about people losing their pensions was merely disingenuous?

What I thought!

Old 11-16-2017, 07:26 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,569,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/de...?siteid=YAHOOB

The way that the GOP tax cut is structured the middle class will be financing tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations that are already seeing record profits. Wages are not going up and will not go up.
Straight from the Democrat "talking points." Nothing has changed. Democrats do not want you to keep more of your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or