U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 03:46 PM

1,721 posts, read 805,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
If I was to accept this answer, then why was he taking a good, hard look at his previous actions and how it affected women?
Because many men hell even most probably offended a woman with their behavior at some point. Some guys just don’t get it today.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:48 PM

28,200 posts, read 26,131,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Franken's situation is so much worse than anyone else's. He's part of the DNC hierarchy that is constantly blabbering about "women's rights" and acting holier-than-thou. What a hypocrite.
Even worse than the anti-abortion Congressman who was forcing mistresses to get abortions?

1,721 posts, read 805,543 times
Quote:
This is a good point. When my daughter was sexually assaulted 7 years ago, I thought about my teenage years and some of the things that I had done. Nothing quite to the level that happened to her, but disrespectful nonetheless.

I was still FB friends with one of them and I reached out to her an apologized (this was probably my most egregious offense). She had no recollection but she seemed appreciative that I considered something I had done 2 decades prior may have been offensive to her.

I've already shared a story about a 5-year old girl being sexually assaulted on a school bus but other young students that only resulted in bus suspensions.

It seems women have been conditioned to remain silent. I am glad that is changing. I hope those efforts are not lessened by the politics of personal destruction.
Thank you for being a real man! Salute

12,358 posts, read 7,726,773 times
Quote:
If Senator Franken has spent the last few months taking a good, hard look at his actions and how they affected women, why did he wait until his accuser posted evidence of him "affecting" a her to come forward?
Haven't you heard, Franklin and this woman are part of a left wing conspiracy to make sure every man in office---the president included---has to go before an ethics hearing for past sexual abuses.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-16-2017 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 11-16-2017, 03:49 PM

12,053 posts, read 6,636,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
True -- and it appears he actually didn't make contact. I was being a smart ass.

Truth is -- if every man who made an inappropriate joke or advance at a woman was fired....we would have a bunch of men not working right now -- too many.

We have to decide if we are going to lump everything under one umbrella or be a little more selective.
Franken is the one who brought something about offensive jokes into it.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:52 PM

16,268 posts, read 9,084,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
If he IN FACT did this, he should resign.

How does that sound?
I like how you have gone with "if in fact" (meaning once we know the facts) of the Franken case,

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-16-2017 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post and reply

Old 11-16-2017, 03:54 PM

2,839 posts, read 3,924,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassTerp94 View Post
The photo provided makes it EXTREMELY clear that it was a staged photo meant as a joke...look carefully. There are shadows under his hands, indicating he wasn't actually touching her.
Oh for crying out loud. Franken needs to resign. He showed no remorse and mocked this lady later.

Franken repaid me with petty insults, including drawing devil horns on at least one of the headshots I was autographing for the troops.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:56 PM

1,150 posts, read 404,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Do you mean why wasn't he? Or do you mean why he didn't uncover this if he had been taking a good, hard look all this time? If the latter, I don't understand why the explanation I already provided wouldn't answer that question.
Again, this is his quote:

But I want to say something else, too. Over the last few months, all of us—including and especially men who respect women—have been forced to take a good, hard look at our own actions and think(perhaps, shamefully, for the first time) about how those actions have affected women.

If Franken had spent months taking a good, hard look at how his actions had affected women, why did it take photographic evidence and an accusation for him to forward? Why did he come forward during his "months of good, hard looking"?

Could you imagine the example that it would have set had he proactively reached out to the lady he offended and apologized to her? That would be leadership.

Admitting the crime when your hand is in the cookie jar is not noble, and likely moreso regret for getting caught than regret of his actions.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:57 PM

9,847 posts, read 11,876,892 times
The idea of Franken smashing his mouth on any woman, is just nauseating.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:58 PM

14,637 posts, read 12,140,354 times
Some of you are funny, acting like NFL referee's (determining if contact was made when a player is "down by contact") LOl

Lets call it what it is: sexual assault!

Which by the way, Al hasn't denied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or