U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 06:02 PM

5,659 posts, read 2,694,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
She did not consent to being kissed during the rehearsal. Look up her interview.
I am disgusted how you are making light of both situations.

You call it a juvenile prank. He was 51 years old when he did this!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If true, that is a bit sick.
He was born May, 1951. I looked it up.
Yes, the lady said she told Franken several times she did not want to rehearse the kiss.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:05 PM

30,893 posts, read 13,400,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Franken's fate now rests with the senate ethics committee.

If no other accusers come forward, he might survive with a censure.

On the other hand, if he's been pulling these stunts with other women and they decide to make it public, then he'll likely be forced out.

I hardly think he will be forced out, this was not conduct that occurred while he was in office, or while he was running for office. It would take 2/3 of the senate to kick him out and I can't envision any scenario under which that would happen because I bet half of the seated senators have something in their past that they are praying will never come out.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:06 PM
Status: "It is the nature of grotesque things you can’t look away" (set 24 days ago)

17,987 posts, read 8,101,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
what about the guy in Texas who picked me up when my car broke down and grabbed me and gave me a sloppy kiss?

what about the guy in the corner store who shoved his hand down my pants when I was six years old?

what about the dentist who fondled my breasts when I couldn't move due to anesthesia?

what about the gynecologist who raped me with an instrument?

what about my boss?

in all of the above instances I had no recourse. no one would believe me; I had no 'proof'.

I could go on, but just wanted people to try to understand the extent of sexual abuse.

IT'S ABOUT TIME FOR THIS TO STOP!

hopefully, all these women telling their stories will make men think twice before making a grab.
Every woman I know has similar stories to tell.

It IS time for it to stop.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:16 PM

4,342 posts, read 800,640 times
Calling her bluff. Who the hell sleeps like that ? She s faking. She is a low life for comparing him to Weinstein and belittles and devalues Weinstein s victims. She devalues Moores victims. She just tilted the scales in favor of Weinstein and Moore with her frivolous statements. She laughed through her entire re creation of events !!

YES Frankin out of Minnesotta and into the White House in 2020 !

Old 11-16-2017, 06:26 PM

10,546 posts, read 4,353,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
She's making light of it 'people make mistakes'

She wasn't exactly traumatized by the way she was speaking

Not appropriate to force a kiss and pretend to grope -- of course -- he apologized -- she accepted.

Makes you wonder why she just didn't send a little note asking for a private apology and if then he ddidn't acknowledge it maybe go public then.
... and women find "not appropriate" men sexy. When "not appropriate" behavior ceases to be a turn on for women then it will stop. I won't hold my breath.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:29 PM

687 posts, read 232,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He needs to resign right? Isn't that how this all works now?

Woman accuses Al Franken of kissing, groping her without consent | TheHill
So much for "Minnesota nice." You'd need to swallow a handful of NoDoz pills if he were nearby...he is just too creepy.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:33 PM

17,523 posts, read 19,688,492 times
Al Frankenstein has publicly said he like a lot of people to resign from even the appearance of a blemish... is he going to be a hypocrite now that he has been exposed?

Old 11-16-2017, 07:01 PM

1,731 posts, read 870,788 times
i have no feelings for al franken one way or the other.

the picture does not bother me. it is clearly just a joke for the picture and he is not actually touching her at all.

the forced kiss is another story and i don't like that at all.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:07 PM

1,136 posts, read 1,220,517 times
That doesn't look like groping. She has body armor.

People stretching the definition and being overly dramatic. Seems like Franken was just being childish and trying to be humorous.
This was before he got into politics.

We should all be terminated from our jobs for the dumb stuff we did in our youth.
Let's all get up and resign.

Pretty soon we'll be screaming sexual harassment for undressing each other with our eyes

I like a good clusterfart anyhow, so throw Franken in the fire, just because.

Last edited by oh come on!; 11-16-2017 at 07:21 PM..

Old 11-16-2017, 07:07 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,857,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
So much for "Minnesota nice." You'd need to swallow a handful of NoDoz pills if he were nearby...he is just too creepy.
He's an import from NYC. Don't put that on us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or