U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 10:36 PM

3,855 posts, read 6,850,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Y'know, I have mentioned how this appeared to be done jokingly, for the camera. Not saying that it was not motivated by "guy behavior" (and not excusing such as the "Locker-room talk" reference). I think he and she already had such familiarity after entertaining troops apparently, that he likely felt it was harmless, in the moment. Though the other instance of his kissing her during rehearsal is not good, seemed impulsive and would be off-putting for anyone to experience. Maybe he felt there had been something between them..(not trying to excuse this surprising behavior).

This I feel cannot however be compared to one feeling up between a female stranger's legs, freely grabbing and kissing unfamiliar women, trapping a woman in a room to force himself upon her, or raping a 13-year old, all acts performed by tRUMP. (And remind me, why is HE being overlooked??)

It is also not the same as the rape of anyone who is under the influence or having purposely given one something to have them pass out, in order to have their way with, such as in the numerous Cosby cases.

It is not the same as a guy habitually inviting one to a business meeting, only to expose himself or forcing another's participation, such as Weinstein had done countless times.

It's not the same as a grown adult manipulating and abusing young females, such as Moore had done, forcing himself upon and always apparently seeking young girls. This is a type that is the worst of the worst. These types referenced are the most disgusting.

Additionally there are the verbal harassers, who freely express off color remarks, or threatening one with their job, future, reputation, lawsuits, due to a female's resistance. These are examples of what is entirely unacceptable, feeling that Franken cannot be compared to those instances described.
So the least pervy perv is okay? You rank the pervs and give a pass to the least pervy?

Old 11-16-2017, 10:41 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,539,934 times
Franken should resign. Moore should drop out. That simple.

They're both creeps.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:43 PM

3,855 posts, read 6,850,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
If she was my wife I would be furious no doubt. I say it wasn't that bad bc she had a military vest on and he looked like he was groping as a joke for the photo. Who knows though, Al seems like a creep like a majority of old decrepit politicians. Nancy and Schumer look like Weekend at Bernie's along with Biden, Fienstien and McCain. Our nations most powerful politicians are all drugged up, way past their prime and corrupt as hell. It's probably why we get nothing positive from them lately
No woman should have to endure what he did to her. It doesn't matter what the intent was.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:53 PM

5,664 posts, read 3,171,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
Ha! Byebye...Franken.

The "media" is so disingenuous and disgusting with how they held the Roy Moore garbage (not to mention their backfired Trump tape) I literally did a FIST PUMP this morning with this news.

I HOPE Franken goes DOWN, and the people of Minnesota get our seat back.
You did a FIST PUMP when you heard the news about yet another man sexually harassing a woman. Why? Because, in your mind, your "team" scores this time?

Never ceases to amaze me how many grown men sound like 18-year-old frat boys.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:02 PM

9,969 posts, read 6,267,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He needs to resign right? Isn't that how this all works now?

Woman accuses Al Franken of kissing, groping her without consent | TheHill
Like I said the other day, I'm burned out. We are entering slippery slope territory with all these accusations. Let the people of Minnesota decide on how they want to deal with him, after all he's their senator. And no, I'm not defending him, I've never liked him. If I hear one more person make an accusation about an incident that happened years ago, I may scream.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:20 PM

11,507 posts, read 3,146,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
He's an import from NYC. Don't put that on us.
Yeah.....when he was 4 years old .

It's not as if he was a carpetbagger, as Hillary was in New York.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:26 PM

30,893 posts, read 13,446,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
A joke? Is it okay to have sex with someone who has passed out and didn't give consent? That's rape.
She sure didn't look like she was sleeping, but I will withhold judgment until I hear the account of the photographer and anyone else who was present, Franken did not take that picture himself.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:35 PM

11,507 posts, read 3,146,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
People who are exhausted and on a military transport plan. It's a pretty common napping position in that situation. It's not like there's reclining seats.
^^^^^ Beat me to it.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:39 PM

7,212 posts, read 2,858,428 times
Does no one see that someone else is holding the camera aaand he's posing for a picture? He now says it's not funny after all and he shouldn't have done it.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:50 PM

24,654 posts, read 9,579,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Look, I'm conservative but this picture itself isn't that bad, now if he did more than that its different. The forced kissing was very wrong though
I'm the complete opposite.

The kissing wasn't forced. It was consensual for a skit. She felt it was too much. He obviously didn't. If you aren't going to hammer out the details (seconds locked lips, tongue?, etc) prior to it then it's pretty much anything goes until/if one party pulls back. This wasn't Romeo and Juliet where there's some set standard of general boundaries that actors can use as guidelines. It was an original skit. Not a centuries old classic play.

The picture wasn't consensual. She was sleeping. I look at it this way: had she opened her eyes at that very second she would have most likely believed that she was about to be assaulted which would have resulted in a LOUD verbal denial or a physical response.

I'm not even sure why she told the story of the kiss. Yeah, it's creepy and blah but she was very detailed how all throughout the ordeal she either consented or tried giving off body language cues to dampen Franken's "eagerness". You have to say NO loud and clear and remove yourself from the situation. Continuously consenting and him not picking up on the cues that say even though you consent you'd rather not isn't acceptable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or