Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 11:25 PM

28,620 posts, read 18,668,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Usually people admit to doing something right away and don't have to be forced to acknowledge what everyone already knows.
Nobody does that.

Admission of wrongdoing is always a matter of some sort of pressure being applied.

Social conditioning is most effective, but social conditioning is still pressure. Nobody feels guilt doing anything he hasn't been socialized to feel guilty about.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:32 PM

33,037 posts, read 12,305,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
While what Franken did was certainly not right, to his credit, he has admitted it freely, and apologized. We have all done things in our past that we would love to redo, and the mark of a decent person is admitting it and trying to make amends.

By contrast, after that bus video with Billy Bush, Donald Trump tried to ignore it until he couldn't hide any longer. Then he offered a weak, lame excuse as it being "locker room talk", and then he went on to blame everyone else for doing the same things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycfARBsz6_Y

Funny how Trump is taking Al to the woodshed over a 10 year old event, and then he says "This happened to me 10 years ago, and I am a different person now". Typical Donald Trump..........deflect, blame everyone else, and then say how great he is in every other respect.
But he still got elected.

People who last voted for Franken didn't have the benefit of being clued in to what has come out recently.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:47 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,192,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I never have liked Franken. But I'm a Republican and I don't like most Democrats. A few of them are alright.

I think he'll weather the storm. He won in 2014 with 53% and Minnesota is mostly a bunch of Democrats these days, so even if he goes there will just be another Democrat to fill the seat.

All this talk of "manning up" is funny. Look at the picture. See a man there? I don't.
Franken is a child
That's rich.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:02 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,732,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
At its base it has to do with women finding powerful/rich/famous men are attractive and giving them sexual access. This drives men to become powerful and conditions them to be sexually aggressive. This is the natural state, controlled to some extent in civilized society. Curb this too much though and the result will be unmotivated men, and women who pine for the old days when Clark Gable types would sweep them of their feet.
For women, is there anything sweeter than having a powerful (and therefore highly desirable) man so out of control with desire that he acts inappropriately?
Quote:
it’s a Pussing Contest.
It’s like killing two birds with one stone.
On the one hand, they get to brag how HOT they are/were and men just couldn’t resist them. They turned the head of every man.
On the other hand, they get to lament about their vicitmhood at the hands of these misogynist men (whose crime seems to be they liked women too much). Rape!
What a combo.
From the male perspective, there used to be the madonna/***** complex.
Now, from the modern female perspective, there is the vixen/victim(or vixtim) complex, aka hussy/hissy complex.
The rise of the Vixtim, by Steve Sailer - The Unz Review

Old 11-18-2017, 12:18 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,654,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Here's what you're missing. Rarely are those types of actions isolated. No, they tend to be a behavior over a period of time, sometimes a looong time.

On some other websites I read, a couple different people commented that they were from MN and thought he was a decent Senator but that he was known there to be an azz. Bad behavior, raunchy jokes, full of himself, not nice....on a personal level they didn't like him.

That photo clearly proves he cared not one bit about humiliating that woman. A middle-aged man behaving like a stupid frat boy. He apologized because he's trying to save his career. Don't be fooled.
You mean, in the the way those are being fooled by the president?

Old 11-18-2017, 01:13 AM

7,175 posts, read 4,740,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, and he did exactly none of that until confronted with the photo.

It's *******s like Frankin that make men that don't do retarded **** like that have to sit through corporate sexual harassment training as though they were a bunch of horny 13 yr-olds on a mission to get a feel.

It's *******s like Frankin that give credibility to Gloria Allred and Lisa Bloom's gold-diggin' *****s and their decades old he-said/she-said accusations.
You’d be surprised.

OLD men get horny too and some act out as well.

Believe me, I have taken care of many male patients.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:17 AM

7,175 posts, read 4,740,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
For women, is there anything sweeter than having a powerful (and therefore highly desirable) man so out of control with desire that he acts inappropriately?

The rise of the Vixtim, by Steve Sailer - The Unz Review
No, there isn’t. There could be a few who put on an act to climb up the proverbial ladder but I fail to see the “sweetness”.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:24 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,654,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
She should have thought about that before she held a press conference to announce how traumatized she was by an unwanted kiss.

I find this drama queen diva to be ridiculous.
After all this, it seems it should just not have been brought up, but have been discussed between the two of them if need be. I did not get a genuine impression from her, either.

It is not the same as all these other incidents or cases we are hearing of, so I don't like that it was brought up in the midst of all else.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:38 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,727,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's a serious struggle for the Leftists - they supposedly are the VOICE of women & minoritys, but if they DARE to speak out against one of their own...... they get a lot of pushback.

Sexual Harrassment is supposed to be a Right Winger thingy - it's exactly why they covered for Harvey Weinstein for decades .... he bought his way to continue.

Al Franken's bad luck that he got caught up in the " ME TOO" campaign, with photos.
Now this woman has to figure out a way to exonerate him.
Man you CD right wingers do love to spin tall tales

Old 11-18-2017, 02:51 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,559,337 times
What nonsense. This woman knew quite well what the effect of her accusation would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies