Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 09:26 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
At the time that silly photo was taken, Franken was a comedian, not a politician. It was obviously a joke, although it was not a smart move to be involved in it. The woman was dressed in several layers of combat gear and I don't think he got much of a grope out of it. You wonder how the woman got into that situation, without knowing what was involved.

I think she took a cheap shot, by claiming she was assaulted. There was something involving him kissing her, but I don't see any pictures of that. However, he has apologized to her and I'm just now hearing on NPR, that she has accepted that apology. Do you suppose that this is the worst thing that Franken has ever done to a woman? It may be, as you'd expect that other accusers would have piled it on by now.
So, if I were to dry hump her flak vest or helmet it wouldn't be assault because its layered? Lol

Funny how some people here is questioning assault, while Al himself isn't denying the allegations of assault, and even apologized for it.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:34 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
At the time that silly photo was taken, Franken was a comedian, not a politician. It was obviously a joke, although it was not a smart move to be involved in it. The woman was dressed in several layers of combat gear and I don't think he got much of a grope out of it. You wonder how the woman got into that situation, without knowing what was involved.

I think she took a cheap shot, by claiming she was assaulted. There was something involving him kissing her, but I don't see any pictures of that. However, he has apologized to her and I'm just now hearing on NPR, that she has accepted that apology. Do you suppose that this is the worst thing that Franken has ever done to a woman? It may be, as you'd expect that other accusers would have piled it on by now.
Apparently there may be something behind that kiss and what she described....A new woman is saying he stalked her obsessively.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...nken/23280102/

Old 11-16-2017, 09:35 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
fortunately she wasn't a real soldier, but they knew what they were doing when this pic was released.

Ive seen people already say he assaulted a servicewoman
She was in a combat zone entertaining troops, those who sign up so the homeland is protected.

That picture was a virtual assault on her.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:50 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Nobody said he was very bright.
I think he's a horse's petute, but he did graduate from Harvard.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:54 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassTerp94 View Post
The photo provided makes it EXTREMELY clear that it was a staged photo meant as a joke...look carefully. There are shadows under his hands, indicating he wasn't actually touching her.
Y'know, I have mentioned how this appeared to be done jokingly, for the camera. Not saying that it was not motivated by "guy behavior" (and not excusing such as the "Locker-room talk" reference). I think he and she already had such familiarity after entertaining troops apparently, that he likely felt it was harmless, in the moment. Though the other instance of his kissing her during rehearsal is not good, seemed impulsive and would be off-putting for anyone to experience. Maybe he felt there had been something between them..(not trying to excuse this surprising behavior).

This I feel cannot however be compared to one feeling up between a female stranger's legs, freely grabbing and kissing unfamiliar women, trapping a woman in a room to force himself upon her, or raping a 13-year old, all acts performed by tRUMP. (And remind me, why is HE being overlooked??)

It is also not the same as the rape of anyone who is under the influence or having purposely given one something to have them pass out, in order to have their way with, such as in the numerous Cosby cases.

It is not the same as a guy habitually inviting one to a business meeting, only to expose himself or forcing another's participation, such as Weinstein had done countless times.

It's not the same as a grown adult manipulating and abusing young females, such as Moore had done, forcing himself upon and always apparently seeking young girls. This is a type that is the worst of the worst. These types referenced are the most disgusting.

Additionally there are the verbal harassers, who freely express off color remarks, or threatening one with their job, future, reputation, lawsuits, due to a female's resistance. These are examples of what is entirely unacceptable, feeling that Franken cannot be compared to those instances described.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Aren't you a man?

If so, lisanicole's view on this carries more weight than yours.
A real man knows Al's behavior and photo op was inappropriate and wrong.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:08 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
He needs to resign right? Isn't that how this all works now?

Woman accuses Al Franken of kissing, groping her without consent | TheHill
Too many women “crying wolf” lately. Women should just sit back, relax and enjoy it- and stop complaining 20-40 years later!!

Old 11-16-2017, 10:14 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Look, I'm conservative but this picture itself isn't that bad, now if he did more than that its different. The forced kissing was very wrong though

Old 11-16-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Look, I'm conservative but this picture itself isn't that bad, now if he did more than that its different. The forced kissing was very wrong though
Put your mom in her place. It still isn't that bad, right? You want Al forcibly kissing your mom or your wife or your daughter? That's the same thing isn't it? Right?

Old 11-16-2017, 10:33 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Put your mom in her place. It still isn't that bad, right? You want Al forcibly kissing your mom or your wife or your daughter? That's the same thing isn't it? Right?
If she was my wife I would be furious no doubt. I say it wasn't that bad bc she had a military vest on and he looked like he was groping as a joke for the photo. Who knows though, Al seems like a creep like a majority of old decrepit politicians. Nancy and Schumer look like Weekend at Bernie's along with Biden, Fienstien and McCain. Our nations most powerful politicians are all drugged up, way past their prime and corrupt as hell. It's probably why we get nothing positive from them lately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies