Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Al Franken Resign
Yes 165 55.00%
No 82 27.33%
Not sure/maybe/depends/other 53 17.67%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 12:09 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,568,330 times

Advertisements

Another story to take the heat off Trump and Moore all it was in just bad taste did he date underage girls did he admit to grabbing women by the P did he sexual harass women and stalk them all no. Get over it already he asked to have himself investigated will any other republican ever ask for that they will just scream fake news.

Last edited by DJboutit; 11-17-2017 at 12:50 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 12:15 PM

33,303 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
True. If he actually groped somebody, he deserved to be booted, just as Moore - and Trump, who is a molester, despite his sycophant fan base denying it with every laughable excuse in the book - deserve, regardless of political party.
The difference with Franken is that people didn't know about these 'revelations' before voting for him.

Quote:
But that is not how things work these days in American, a nation paralyzed by partisan idiocy. Just to give a disturbing example, some months back a bunch of my online friends and I were on Teamspeak, playing a game together, when news of John McCain's brain cancer broke. One of my online friends mentioned it to the group. All but one of us online at that time is progressive and hates Trump and the right-wing idiocy that is killing this nation, and all but one of us - the right-winger - immediately expressed sympathy and basically "that sucks" when we heard the news, even though we were never particularly impressed with McCain and have no love of his party. What did the right-wing stooge say instead? "Which side is he on?"

And that, right there, sums up right-wingers in this nation:
- They'll gladly change the rules to support their spiteful party, and don't even have the decency to express some sympathy if a person of the "wrong" party is dying of something horrible, like brain cancer.
- They are so uninformed that don't even know what party national level people, like John McCain, are in?!

What else needs to be said about them... idiocy!
Congratulations. You win the sweeping generalzation of the day award.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:30 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,411,566 times
I really don't know what the problem is, the honorable Senator Franken apologized, insists that he be investigated to the point that he gets his hand slapped and promises that he won't sexually molest any other women — or young men, for that matter. I believe that his apology is sincere, and unlike that Roy Moore Alabama redneck is not trying to lie his way out of it. That woman should feel privileged that Mr Franken gave her a French kiss. She didn't look all that hot anyway.

Besides, Senator Franken may well be our best hope to unseat Donald Trump in the next presidential election. I want ALL of my entitlements to continue unimpeded, including my government-paid Obamacare, and I want all of those rich Republican voters to be taxed much much higher. Who knows what might happen in a second term for Trump.

In reality, Franken just shows how far into the sewer liberal politics have fallen. This is my single post here for 2017. Sayonara until next November.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:32 PM

Just another Clinton Dossier where the sheep want Obama Clinton Holder and about 3 to 5 other people put to death over nothing. This Franken story at most is just bad judgment he did nothing the level of like 10 republicans have been accused of. Franken made a decent apology and asked to have himself investigated for his action more stand up than any republican will ever do. When republicans do way worse the scream fake news or just hide from the media.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:33 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Default Democrats Call For Convincing Amount Of Condemnation For Al Franken

Yeah, it's from The Onion, but they sure capture the essence of what's going on in DC.

And check out THE WEEK IN PICTURES: SPECIAL AL FRANKEN EDITION on Powerline. There's a classic pic of him grabbing Hillary.

The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition | Power Line

Old 11-17-2017, 12:42 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Now there is another accusation about Winston, the Bucs QB.

This is starting to smell like an organized effort to divert attention to some ancient events.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-17-2017 at 12:56 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 12:43 PM

Republicans are trying to take out Franken over nothing to keep him from running for President in 2020 they fear it could be a 70 point blow out if it is Franken vs Trump if Trump even makes it that long.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:46 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yeah, it's from The Onion, but they sure capture the essence of what's going on in DC.

And check out THE WEEK IN PICTURES: SPECIAL AL FRANKEN EDITION on Powerline. There's a classic pic of him grabbing Hillary.

The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition | Power Line
I loved the pic with Ginsburg, lol!

Old 11-17-2017, 12:46 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,645,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Republicans are trying to take out Franken over nothing to keep him from running for President in 2020 they fear it could be a 70 point blow out if it is Franken vs Trump if Trump even makes it that long.
Hahaha!!!!!!

I wouldn't vote for Al Franken ever. Has nothing to do with this whole scandal, but nothing would get me to vote for Al Franken. Dude looks creepy as hell.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:48 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Are you serious? There isn't a Republican in this country worried about Al Franken. He's strictly a small-time regional senator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies