Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:16 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
How many remarks does one have to make to be a racist?
More than one, at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 08:19 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
More than one, at least.
Well on this thread you've accused him at least 5 times of making racial remarks. So by your own admission, you think he's a racists, you just wont say so after you said so, after you said you didnt say so.

Starting to sound like your last name should be Clinton..

Last edited by pghquest; 03-19-2008 at 08:37 AM..

Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,151,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Well on this thread you've accused him at least 5 times of making racial remakrs. So by your own admission, you think he's a racists, you just wont say so after you said so, after you said you didnt say so.

Starting to sound like your last name should be Clinton..
Ouch. That hurt my feeling.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:23 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
"I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live."
-John McCain

John McCain's racist remark very troubling (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml - broken link)
Well, maybe if Rev. Wright tied Obama up and tortured him to a point where he couldn't comb his own hair because he can't lift his hands up in the air ...

Old 01-08-2009, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,239 times
John McCain is a demented old monkey who is out of touch with reality. That racist bastard and many just like him, spend their entire lives sitting in a smoke-filled room calling that the mainstream of america while the masses of the people; white, black, brown, red and yellow are all suffering.O-bviously B-lacks A-re M-oving OBAMA FORWARD

Old 01-08-2009, 10:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
he carpetbombed the viets: he was a terrorist to them.

All because they thought differently to him

but since he was shot down and in a military uniform he is supposed to be treated as a POW not a terrorist.

heck, if you or any other liberal/democrat say that mccain was a terrorist during the vietnam war, then you/they should have no problem whatsoever with the US military torturing AQ terrorists in gitmo.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:37 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Well, using Rev Wright's defense you must look at the context of the statement. Mc Cain had the s##t beaten out of him for years by his tormentors who happen to be Asian. Might make you a tad bit angry.
Gee, and the blacks were never beaten or killed, so they have no reason to be racist. Not that I think Rev. Wright is a racist, because I don't. Just this is not logical to me.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:53 PM

814 posts, read 2,306,307 times
First of all, he is a leader that was trying to attain a position of leadership. He, through his own actions, have proven he is not worthy of that position because he is immature and prejudiced.

I don't care what anyone did to him. You got that??? That is not the point. As an educated, "thinking" man, he should know better than to hate a whole group of people just because of what happened to him. That is racism, no if's or but's! Because if he was honest with himself, he would have to admit, EVERYONE has gripes and hurts and wrongdoings done to them in the past!!

There were families and children that were wronged and saw their parents killed and tortured, some often needlessly. The racial taunting that was going on revealed even to those they were supposedly defending?! It's shameful and was revealing their true colors because humans are pretty lame for the most part anyways. You don't think they also have a "right" to hate a group of people too, maybe even more so based on that logic??? The erroneous logic and blatant lie that some would retort is they were soldiers doing what they were supposed to or had to do. BULL****! My husband is a vietnam vet and one of the honorable ones during the war and he saw plenty of degenerate and horrible **** that was done by our side too!!! So anyone defending someone for racism and prejudice is just a closet racist themselves most likely and you can take that to the bank!

Anyone with any common sense should realize the danger of racism and prejudice is you end up demonizing a whole group of people and there will be innocent or good people in that group as well. John Mccain is aware of that, i can tell you! He is just racist period. There is no way someone who is not racist would ever make such a statement. It doesn't matter what brought you to be racist, it still is racism. He was probably racist from the beginning and his negative experience just sealed the nail in the coffin further. Before he just tolerated others that are different, but now he admits he dislikes them totally because it justifies his dislike or indifference in the first place! If it was his own race that had tortured him, would he hate his own race? I don't think so because he's a part of it. Duh, Bingo! It's called hypocrisy. His apology may be sincere or it could be fake, only he knows that.

Last edited by leaana; 01-29-2009 at 09:04 PM..

Old 01-30-2009, 10:15 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,579,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
I don't care what anyone did to him. You got that??? That is not the point. As an educated, "thinking" man, he should know better than to hate a whole group of people just because of what happened to him.
I think it's fine to discuss the words he chose to use, but let's at least be accurate in defining what he said. His use of the words were in reference to the specific individuals, not a whole group of people, that tortured him for years. He chose those words because they are vile and powerful to express the strength of his feelings toward those specific individuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies