Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which party tolerates perverts more?
Republicans tolerate perverts more. 69 41.57%
Democrats tolerate perverts more. 66 39.76%
Both parties equally tolerate perverts. 27 16.27%
Neither party tolerates perverts. 4 2.41%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 04:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I think it’s the opposite
The poll numbers agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 04:42 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Both parties have plenty of perverts. I'm of the opinion that someone has to be amoral or immoral to want to be a politician at any level above local government (and even that is questionable). This question has to do if one of the two main parties is more likely to tolerate or defend its perverts.

From my perspective on the right, it seems to me that Republicans have a knee-jerk tendency to toss out any suspected pervert with or without evidence. Larry Craig, Bob Packwood,etc. are shown the door almost immediately. Hell, Larry Craig was engaging in a celebrated Democrat activity. On the other hand, Democrats have tolerated Bill "Riding Dirty" Clinton, Hillary Clinton's personal destruction of women Clinton has abused, Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd's waitress sandwiches, Joe "Handsy" Biden, JFK, RFK, and the list goes on.

Curious how everyone sees it. To be fair, the Republicans do tout themselves as the party of family values, so it would make sense that hey have to be mindful of perverts for that reason. Democrats are the anti-family values party, so it would make sense that they would be a bit more tolerant of perverts.
Too much KOOL-AID for you Comrade.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:45 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Trump in the White House pretty much says it all.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:47 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I think it’s the opposite

Sure, meanwhile I'm watching the second week of unrelenting bashing of Moore on the evening news and the media, and two days later, nary a mention of the dimwit Franken.

Reality proves you're quite mistaken.

CN

Old 11-17-2017, 04:50 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Both parties tolerate.

The democrats defend those of their own party far more than R's do.

The poll question choices are misleading, likely purposefully.

CN
Oh yeah.

Franken has done it ONCE, has been honest and saying yes he did, he'll have an ethics hearing and will cooperate.

Trump denies everything, They were too ugly for him. While he's talking about doing someone who was married and grabbing p^$$y's. AND ITS ON TAPE! This is th F^*CK*NG president!

And this Moore clown from Alabama, uses God to stand behind his sins. He was so bad, he was banned from a mall! You have to be really bad to be banned from a mall.

Hypocritics.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:50 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump in the White House pretty much says it all.
So did Clinton, both parties contain members (no pun intended) of the male sex.

It really isn't a political issue. But one overbearing, uptight, dictatorial political party will make it one, like everything or anything else, that they might use to gain votes for their side.

And the useful idiots take the bait every time.

CN

Old 11-17-2017, 04:54 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Oh yeah.

Franken has done it ONCE, has been honest and saying yes he did, he'll have an ethics hearing and will cooperate.

Trump denies everything, They were too ugly for him. While he's talking about doing someone who was married and grabbing p^$$y's. AND ITS ON TAPE! This is th F^*CK*NG president!

And this Moore clown from Alabama, uses God to stand behind his sins. He was so bad, he was banned from a mall! You have to be really bad to be banned from a mall.

Hypocritics.
Juanita Broaddrick. Paula jones. Monica lewinsky.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:54 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
I voted both, because there have been times when both parties have shielded somebody rather than tossed 'em out on their ear.

However, I would note of the two parties, it's more likely the Republicans who are thumping their Bibles and telling everybody else how to live....while not obeying the rules themselves. The Democrats don't tend to do that. So while they're both equally guilty, the Republicans also have an added layer of hypocrisy to their shenanigans.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:56 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,159,415 times
This will be Year of the Pervert according to Time magazine.

You're on the ground floor / first to know / first on your block / shared right here on CD-Forum, AD2017-11-17.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:59 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Both parties have plenty of perverts. I'm of the opinion that someone has to be amoral or immoral to want to be a politician at any level above local government (and even that is questionable). This question has to do if one of the two main parties is more likely to tolerate or defend its perverts.

From my perspective on the right, it seems to me that Republicans have a knee-jerk tendency to toss out any suspected pervert with or without evidence. Larry Craig, Bob Packwood,etc. are shown the door almost immediately. Hell, Larry Craig was engaging in a celebrated Democrat activity. On the other hand, Democrats have tolerated Bill "Riding Dirty" Clinton, Hillary Clinton's personal destruction of women Clinton has abused, Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd's waitress sandwiches, Joe "Handsy" Biden, JFK, RFK, and the list goes on.

Curious how everyone sees it. To be fair, the Republicans do tout themselves as the party of family values, so it would make sense that hey have to be mindful of perverts for that reason. Democrats are the anti-family values party, so it would make sense that they would be a bit more tolerant of perverts.
Is this supposed to be a serious take on the parties? Family values? Uh--not since the 50s.

Isn't Donald Trump a republican?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies