Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 04:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
What does Jesus have to do with immigration laws? Sometimes it sucks to be a criminal.
In the case of the OP. If they are here legally why the worries?

Because the rules are changing every day since Trump came in. They have no idea who he will target next, or what excuses he will use to deport them. Hell, even people who come here legally, as those who work on yachts, are finding it difficult to come here any more. He has screwed things up beyond belief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 05:34 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's our country. We're the good guys. They're the invaders.
No, the good guys are the people who DIDN'T vote for The Cheeto

These are the real bad guys, enjoy:

https://youtu.be/t-Ydoh_5EjU

Old 11-17-2017, 05:38 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
If this is a serious question, this is not the place to ask for directions away from checkpoints. Plenty people here would send you straight to a checkpoint.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:24 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nano1784 View Post
I am driving from Houston to Los Angeles for my thanksgiving break. I was going to take I-10 west but since I am a DACA recipient my friends told me to take another way since it was too close to the border. I decided to take I-40 but I have been reading that there might or might not be any checkpoints so I am wondering if anyone has driven that distance recently and if they encountered a checkpoint of any kind. I am driving by myself BTW if that matters.
So, what you are saying is you are an illegal alien and worried about getting caught.

No sympathy.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:26 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Such warm, wonderful people, aren't some of you ? Jesus would be so proud.
They only do the Jesus thing on December 24 & 25. Some of them do anyway.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:34 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Such warm, wonderful people, aren't some of you ? Jesus would be so proud.
I am a non believer so not concerned what Jesus might think. You can worry about that for me.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:35 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Of course, they can. And they do - -they ask for one's driver's license almost every time they stop a car.
Not with respect to the Border Patrol checkpoints. I have been through the checkpoints too many times to count. They don't stop you other than to look at you, let the dog sniff your car momentarily, and then waive you through. Sometimes they say "US citizen?". As for OP, there are no BP checkpoints on I10 in Arizona IIRC, just I8. They set up temporary ones on the back roads very rarely and that is unpredictable.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:36 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
What does Jesus have to do with immigration laws? Sometimes it sucks to be a criminal.
In the case of the OP. If they are here legally why the worries?
It's a violation of all of our civil rights. More people are telling these actions to bugger off. There is NOTHING they can do when you do that either.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:37 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, what you are saying is you are an illegal alien and worried about getting caught.

No sympathy.
From a legal standpoint is not this person seeking assistance trying to evade the authorities and giving them advice on how to do so might be a crime in itself. As well as this person breaking the law.

Hopefully someone from HS is on here and can track them down.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you have some sort of visa or residence permit, you should be fine as long as you have it with you.

You should only worry if you are here illegally.

BTW, everyone here illegally should be deported.
While this is technically true -- if you have legal papers you should be fine.......I do have a story.

My 2 oldest boys are Canadian born and have green cards....in the last year travellling to Canada, coming back in -- they have been delayed over petty, silly -- non-issue things. It's not like it use to be -- even with legal papers.

An immigration officer told one of them that this would continue unless they became American citizens.

So all those -- if you have legal papers you should be fine -- meh -- technically but not really. Immigration officers can detain ANYBODY they want for ANY little thing and always have been able to. Now -- this administration -- they are just drunk with power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies