U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 02:02 AM

5,498 posts, read 2,862,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Only an extremist would use the word "liberal" to describe Glamour

Well I guess if you're part of the American Taliban you would view a fashion magazine as political.

As I said, you probably consider TV Guide far left wing propaganda.

LOL
Only a liberal extremist would think a liberal magazine is not liberal enough to be considered liberal.

Interesting that you would say American Taliban. Linda Sarsour (an American) is a beloved figure of the liberals and is pro-Sharia and anti-Semitic, which is very much in tune with the Taliban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 07:03 AM

13,070 posts, read 4,450,876 times
Why doesn't she take her SJW schtick to Palestine and Iran and preach it to them where it is really needed. She's a fake coward.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:37 AM

23,245 posts, read 11,493,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
”Direction based on status quo?” What BS are you trying to pull?

Everyone is political now. Look at the late night shows. The movie and music industries. The sports world. Fashion is no exception.

Furthermore, if Glamour isn’t being political, then why are they naming her the woman of the year? For her hijab fashions? Are you serious?

And if you think that “media” only means “a way to distribute information about political subjects”, then you need to go look up the word in a dictionary.

Glamour didnt name her women of the year, the named her one of the women of the year along with 30 others if im not mistaken and many fashion magazines have women/men of the year list.

The context in which you use the word media is so broad it includes anything printed out. so no, you are wrong.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:59 AM

16,707 posts, read 8,538,999 times
I wonder how much they are paying her. Please keep her front and center. She is good for the (right) cause.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:08 AM

5,464 posts, read 2,491,020 times
Quote:

Well I guess if you're part of the American Taliban you would view a fashion magazine as political.

LOL
It's hilarious that you can't see that Glamour magazine is clearly a left leaning publication. Go to their website. It's plain as day.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:29 AM

715 posts, read 286,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
It's hilarious that you can't see that Glamour magazine is clearly a left leaning publication. Go to their website. It's plain as day.
Yeah, it's there for all to see! Just like seeing the face of Christ in a piece of toast...

Old 11-17-2017, 10:47 AM

9,503 posts, read 4,851,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Glamour didnt name her women of the year, the named her one of the women of the year along with 30 others if im not mistaken and many fashion magazines have women/men of the year list.

The context in which you use the word media is so broad it includes anything printed out. so no, you are wrong.
I've never touched, let alone read, Glamour. I looked at Women of the Year 2017. Included are the organizers of The Women's March [Sanspeur among them], Nicole Kidman, Samantha Bee, Gigi Hadid [gun control activist], and a Lifetime Achievement Award for Maxine Waters, who led the audience in an Impeach 45 chant. I'd bet anything that when the mag addresses social/political issues it 100% takes the D/liberal/left/ progressive side. There's nothing wrong with that.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:54 AM

5,464 posts, read 2,491,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
Yeah, it's there for all to see! Just like seeing the face of Christ in a piece of toast...
I'm guessing you haven't been to their website. It's obvious they lean to the Left.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:58 AM

51,736 posts, read 41,660,095 times
Quote:

LOL
Slats, as usual your posts rely upon a complete absence of facts replaced by what you *think* which then almost always turns out to be wrong.

Here, let me just knock you out fast so people don't have to watch you flail around. Let's just get to Phase 2 of your posting habits which is best described as "slinking off".

https://www.glamour.com/story/maxine...he-year-awards

They have a host of political content and it's definitely not right-wing.
https://www.glamour.com/inspired

The bulk of their readership falls into democratic demographics, why wouldn't they angle their articles towards young women in particular? Just common sense for any business.

P.S. Please note I'm not dogging on glamour. I'm just logically explaining that they bend left which I'm totally fine with just like there are magazines that bend right. But let's not be dishonest about their bent.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:02 AM

2,516 posts, read 821,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
”Direction based on status quo?” What BS are you trying to pull?

Everyone is political now. Look at the late night shows. The movie and music industries. The sports world. Fashion is no exception.

Furthermore, if Glamour isn’t being political, then why are they naming her the woman of the year? For her hijab fashions? Are you serious?

And if you think that “media” only means “a way to distribute information about political subjects”, then you need to go look up the word in a dictionary.
LOL!!

My background is in fashion design. Glamour does lean left, and did include political content more regularly than other fashion magazines, at least they did when I was still reading.

I really can't figure out why anyone holds this woman up as a leader, role model, spokesperson, etc. There are so many other women out there who would be better advocates. All I can figure is that they're in love with her hijab and "diversity". Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies