U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2017, 08:21 AM
 
34,361 posts, read 18,611,528 times
Reputation: 7596

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
You're comparing driving without insurance to murdering someone because you have no argument.

Weak sauce
But lawsssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz....

You say they work...yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2017, 08:25 AM
 
2,112 posts, read 789,404 times
Reputation: 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
But lawsssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz....

You say they work...yes?
No, they don't work, especially immigration laws, abortion laws, anti terrorism laws, etc...

Agreed, or is it that only gun laws don't work but all other laws work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 08:26 AM
 
34,361 posts, read 18,611,528 times
Reputation: 7596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
No, they don't work, especially immigration laws, abortion laws, anti terrorism laws, etc...

Agreed, or is it that only gun laws don't work but all other laws work?
Many laws don't work....that's the point...laws are there...some just don't care...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 08:27 AM
 
2,112 posts, read 789,404 times
Reputation: 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Many laws don't work....that's the point...laws are there...some just don't care...
Like immigration laws, abortion laws, voter fraud laws, anti terrorism laws, right?

those laws don't work right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 08:29 AM
 
34,361 posts, read 18,611,528 times
Reputation: 7596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Like immigration laws, abortion laws, voter fraud laws, anti terrorism laws, right?

those laws don't work right?
Depends on the person...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 08:33 AM
 
29,539 posts, read 15,482,448 times
Reputation: 20063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
You're comparing driving without insurance to murdering someone because you have no argument.

Weak sauce
You said there are laws against driving without a license, didn't you?

So, does licensing drivers prevent people who are licensed to drive a car from killing other people either on purpose or accident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 08:44 AM
 
2,112 posts, read 789,404 times
Reputation: 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You said there are laws against driving without a license, didn't you?

So, does licensing drivers prevent people who are licensed to drive a car from killing other people either on purpose or accident?
No it doesn't, so lets get rid of drivers license

Lets get rid of drunk driving laws because they don't stop drunk drivers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 08:50 AM
 
29,539 posts, read 15,482,448 times
Reputation: 20063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
No it doesn't, so lets get rid of drivers license

Lets get rid of drunk driving laws because they don't stop drunk drivers
So, you want to get rid of rape laws since they don't stop rape?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 08:51 AM
 
2,112 posts, read 789,404 times
Reputation: 1186
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you want to get rid of rape laws since they don't stop rape?
Gun nuts are the ones that are saying gun laws don't work, so I'm just playing devils advocate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 09:09 AM
 
29,539 posts, read 15,482,448 times
Reputation: 20063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Gun nuts are the ones that are saying gun laws don't work, so I'm just playing devils advocate
Actually, you just said we should get rid of laws that don't work.

Should I quote you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top