U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 04:16 PM

2,612 posts, read 968,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Don't forget that people want diverse, progressive, liberal, rural, small towns with active arts scenes where they'll be welcomed with open arms even after calling the longtime residents toothless, uneducated, meth smoking, Oxy dealing, trailer park dwelling, sister ****ing inbreds.

Other than that they really like their new neighbors.
So true, good sarcasm.

Last edited by mlulu23; 11-17-2017 at 04:50 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 04:36 PM

2,155 posts, read 1,173,861 times
Quote:
Don't forget that people want diverse, progressive, liberal, rural, small towns with active arts scenes where they'll be welcomed with open arms even after calling the longtime residents toothless, uneducated, meth smoking, Oxy dealing, trailer park dwelling, sister ****ing inbreds.

Nice stereotyping.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:49 PM

33,933 posts, read 42,196,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Nice stereotyping.
I was just repeating the stereotypes.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:55 PM

7,984 posts, read 3,475,650 times
Naples,FL is a very Republican area. You’ll be outnumbered as a Democrat. Lots of wealth over there too. You’ll go from one gated community to the next.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I was just repeating the stereotypes.
Or stating your opinion. Same thing.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:05 PM

14,027 posts, read 32,955,763 times
Quote:

Oh you forgot to mention that you want all that and only want to spend $100,000 on a home.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:39 PM

33,933 posts, read 42,196,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Or stating your opinion. Same thing.
No, just repeating what I hear where I live and read on here.

Letter to the Editor today from a new resident complaining about the landowner next to her, a landowner whose property is in a forest management program and is a working farm, cutting trees down. Asked why we are so stupid to allow this to happen. In a rural county.

That goes with the new resident here in Town complaining about people having boats parked in their driveways. In a town the eastern border of which is the Chesapeake Bay. Mentioned they never saw boats where they lived in Bethesda.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:41 PM

Amazing.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:48 PM

2,612 posts, read 968,993 times
Quote:
No, just repeating what I hear where I live and read on here.

Letter to the Editor today from a new resident complaining about the landowner next to her, a landowner whose property is in a forest management program and is a working farm, cutting trees down. Asked why we are so stupid to allow this to happen. In a rural county.

That goes with the new resident here in Town complaining about people having boats parked in their driveways. In a town the eastern border of which is the Chesapeake Bay. Mentioned they never saw boats where they lived in Bethesda.
I'm all out of reps now, but give you virtual reps on all your posts on this thread. You are right on, thank you for telling it like it is.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:19 PM

4,435 posts, read 1,895,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
So I'm retiring soon and I came onto C-D basically as I was doing my research into the new places I think i may want to retire too.

I am surprised how many folks on various state forms want to move because of a certain person being elected or asking if one area is this way or that.

when my late husband and I were looking for our first house to raise our kids we were looking for good school districts first, ease of public transportation and things like that. we never thought to ask "is Vorhees township" liberal??

I have a good girlfriend who is retiring to ST thomas because she refuses to give her money to a "red" state. WTH???

I've got my top 3 spots I think I may like 1) Naples florida, 2) savannah/Tybee Islan Ga, and Charleston sc.
never did I ask what the political leanings where.

Am I simply out of touch?
It can also be an issue of safety for the individual. As a gay male, I will not move somewhere where it is socially acceptable to beat up gays verbally and physically. You are able to move anywhere you want and you will be accepted as you talk about your late husband and children. Some places, if I moved with a boyfriend or husband, I would probably be bashed. Maybe, "F@ggot" is scrawled on my car. Or think of a Muslim family moving to rural America where they think all Muslims are terrorists. Life would not be pleasant for this family. You don't have to worry about these things so it makes sense that you would wonder why others do. BTW, I am not saying this happens in, let's say, all red states or something like that. I am saying that some groups in our society, unfortunately, have to think about these things. Have a great night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies