U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2017, 09:42 AM
 
11,383 posts, read 7,786,760 times
Reputation: 12274

Advertisements

It's been going on for thousands of years.

 
Old 11-19-2017, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,173 posts, read 11,774,111 times
Reputation: 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elna Rae View Post
lol
Reminds me of folks who move from the Pacific Northwest to AZ. In our business we chose to have Fox News on our TV in our lobby. We've actually had new residents from WA/OR refuse to do business with us because of it.

I couldn't even imagine abandoning a great company with an impeccable reputation just because they have CNN on in their waiting area. Not just crazy but intolerance on an epic level.
And I can't imagine a company not understanding that some people don't want to watch GOP propaganda and choose not to be forced to watch it when they can take their money and support another business that doesn't force it on them.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Upper Left Hand Corner
2,557 posts, read 953,519 times
Reputation: 4164
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And I can't imagine a company not understanding that some people don't want to watch GOP propaganda and choose not to be forced to watch it when they can take their money and support another business that doesn't force it on them.
Oh good grief , if they don't want to watch it then they can go to their rooms like everybody else, and watch what they want. Nobody is forcing them hang out in the lobby. What spoiled brats!

And what about the people that do like to watch Fox news? Don't they get any respect, or is it only the liberal people who insist that everybody else has to do their will. Live, and let live.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,173 posts, read 11,774,111 times
Reputation: 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Oh good grief , if they don't want to watch it then they can go to their rooms like everybody else, and watch what they want. Nobody is forcing them hang out in the lobby. What spoiled brats!

And what about the the people that do like to watch Fox news? Don't they get any respect, or is it only the liberal people who insist that everybody else has to do their will. Live, and let live.
First of all, I have no idea what type business you were referring to. I assumed it was some type of service where people waited in the lobby until they were seen, until their car was serviced, etc. Meaning that they had no other options but to watch what was played on the lobby tv.

Second, why are you so intolerant? No one said you couldn't play Fox, just that people had every bit as much right to choose to patronize a business that doesn't. Why is it that respect is supposed to only go one way? Respect the right of people to make a different choice and you might get respect. Disrespect others and it gets returned back to you.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Upper Left Hand Corner
2,557 posts, read 953,519 times
Reputation: 4164
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
First of all, I have no idea what type business you were referring to. I assumed it was some type of service where people waited in the lobby until they were seen, until their car was serviced, etc. Meaning that they had no other options but to watch what was played on the lobby tv.

Second, why are you so intolerant? No one said you couldn't play Fox, just that people had every bit as much right to choose to patronize a business that doesn't. Why is it that respect is supposed to only go one way? Respect the right of people to make a different choice and you might get respect. Disrespect others and it gets returned back to you.
Then why are you commenting on a post that you never read? Back up a little so you can understand better. I did say that they could go to their rooms which should give a hint. I'm not the only one commenting on this. And so what if Fox is on, get over it. I don't whine if CNN is on, no biggie.

The party of "tolerance" is the most intolerant of all.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Denver CO
21,173 posts, read 11,774,111 times
Reputation: 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Then why are you commenting on a post that you never read? Back up a little so you can understand better. I did say that they could go to their rooms which should give a hint. I'm not the only one commenting on this. And so what if Fox is on, get over it. I don't whine if CNN is on, no biggie.

The party of "tolerance" is the most intolerant of all.
Wrong again. No one should have to avoid the lobby of a business they frequent, when they can choose to patronize another establishment that doesn't force them to watch what they consider objectionable programming. Intolerance would be telling someone they have to watch it or else stay in their rooms. Tolerance is saying that the business can play whatever they want, since the person who doesn't want to see it simply chooses to patronize another establishment.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Upper Left Hand Corner
2,557 posts, read 953,519 times
Reputation: 4164
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Wrong again. No one should have to avoid the lobby of a business they frequent, when they can choose to patronize another establishment that doesn't force them to watch what they consider objectionable programming. Intolerance would be telling someone they have to watch it or else stay in their rooms. Tolerance is saying that the business can play whatever they want, since the person who doesn't want to see it simply chooses to patronize another establishment.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 12:46 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
88,068 posts, read 3,669,662 times
Reputation: 7494
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Then why are you commenting on a post that you never read? Back up a little so you can understand better. I did say that they could go to their rooms which should give a hint. I'm not the only one commenting on this. And so what if Fox is on, get over it. I don't whine if CNN is on, no biggie.

The party of "tolerance" is the most intolerant of all.
Why do you have to have either one on? Why not something more neutral like the Food Network?

Sounds like you're trying to create unnecessary drama which isn't good for business.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Upper Left Hand Corner
2,557 posts, read 953,519 times
Reputation: 4164
In case you haven't figured it out yet it's NOT my hotel/motel. But I do agree with them. Try to keep up.

Last edited by mlulu23; 11-19-2017 at 01:07 PM..
 
Old 11-19-2017, 03:18 PM
 
Location: equator
3,432 posts, read 1,529,612 times
Reputation: 8514
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarite View Post
People tend to move to southern Utah expecting some kind of low tax conservative utopia. I even had someone who planned to move in tell me to move out because I'm not what he envisions a true conservative idealized Utahn to be. I'm much more of a libertarian mind-your-own-business type than a social totalitarian which caused him to read me as "liberal." I wish some of the people who post on City Data who think they will find their political and social paradise would update their threads after they move. I want to know how many are howling mad because their new home doesn't fit their fantasy, and how many are happy after they've settled into the reality.

I'm really happy to have left Southern Utah, LOL, even though we were a blue dot in that great red state.
It's very socialistic here, everyone has schooling, affordable health care, secure jobs. Pretty nice.


What really gets me is people like my BIL who left CA adamantly opposed to its politics. Yet, he's a retired firefighter gliding along on the golden parachute of 100% + retirement package, and all the other "Democratic" benefits CA offers.


IMO, you can't have it both ways. But I guess he is, now living his dream in TX, LOL. With CA money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top