U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2017, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Virginia
3,893 posts, read 1,992,501 times
Reputation: 10676

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Probably the same reason so many think it is no-biggie, kinda cute, when an adult female has a
sexual-relationship with an underaged male.....it is basically seen as acceptable by many.
I don't think it's seen as acceptable, or even legal, by anyone in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Status: "It is the nature of grotesque things you can’t look away" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Old Hippie Heaven
17,988 posts, read 8,120,965 times
Reputation: 10434
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I (a male) was working night shift. I was sitting at a desk doing paper work when people standing around start laughing. I look up to see what is 'funny' and there is one of my co-workers (female) bent over, her pants down, mooning me not 12 inches from my face.

I just say 'Oh, shirt' and go back to my paper work.

Now, what do you think would have happened if the roles were reversed?

I would probably be stripped of my nursing license with maybe a felony offense on my record.
If the woman reported you, sure.

Which begs the question, why didn't you report the woman who mooned you? Women spent a lot of years agitating for these laws and procedures. Nowhere do these laws say that only women may make use of them. Whose job did you think it was to report her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 06:11 PM
 
433 posts, read 200,815 times
Reputation: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
A few weeks ago I was at the grocery store up the road from me, buying some wheat grass, two Mexican Cokes, a box of rice crispies treats and a microwave pizza at 12:30am. While on line at the checkout, which was surprisingly long for that hour of the night, this rather large older woman sees what I'm buying and ask me why I have something healthy and something else that isn't. Instead of saying the truth (the wheat grass was for my cat, the junk food was me to to enjoy while smoking weed and finishing Stranger Things) I just shrugged and didn't say anything.

She winks at me and says "ohh, a mysterious man of few words, I like that." I immediately looked uncomfortable and said nothing. I took out my phone and started messing with it, hoping she would take a hint. Instead, she did this nasty pressing her shoulder against mine thing and said "you look nice."

I took a step back and nervously said "thanks" without looking at her. She asked me if I was okay, I said nothing. She asked me something else, but at that point I stopped listening to her and was just staring at my phone. Finally, she took a hint and checked her things out and left. I checked my few items and paid, and as I left I saw several people on line—all of them women—were giggling at the whole scenario.

I went home and kept thinking: what if the genders were reversed? Would they laugh at it if a younger woman was made to feel uncomfortable by a nasty, older man? No. They would call that unacceptable, and they would be 100% right.

But when it's a woman doing it, it's okay.

And its not just men. I have heard from multiple women than occasionally, women who are interested in women will overstep their boundaries and be outright creepy toward other women. But the same psychopaths who march down the street for "womxn's liberation" have jack to say when a drunken woman touches another woman's rear without asking.

Why is it okay when women do it?

I have never met a single male who serves alcohol in a restaurant or bar who doesn't have a story about some woman making him feel uncomfortable. This usually happens with older women: they get a little booze in their system and suddenly they think it's okay to harass the bartender, server, etc. And from the reactions of management, other team members, and other guests, they apparently have the right to do so (I am the one manager who, if I saw that, would not hesitate to kick said woman out)

And spare me, spare me the whole "you're a big man who can defend himself so you don't feel threatened!" line. If I would have bunched that, or any other woman, who rubbed herself on me, I would be guilty of "violence against women" and we all know the fact that she started it would fall on deaf ears in the courts.

I love SJW logic: "men can't be harassed by women because they can defend themselves against women...but if a man does defend himself, he's guilty of violence against women."

Be it at a bar or at the grocery store or the gym, women should learn to respect people's dignity, just like men should.


This is going to come as a shock, but believe it or not, not all men find every female on Earth attractive, and not all men want attention from females.

Personally, I and many other men have been creeped out by women many times. I was as attracted to that woman or a few others who bothered me as your average female is to Harvey Weinstein. And yes, women and men have the right to reject anyone for any reason.

Just because they are females who think they are attractive does not mean they are entitled to whatever man on Earth they want, and it does not mean that men should feel any obligation to reciprocate the female's advances if he doesn't want to.

Why do women think they are entitled to whatever men they want to and think that they can get away with being disgusting and disrespectful?
if she were young and beautiful would you have been offended?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 06:18 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,147 posts, read 4,703,478 times
Reputation: 4817
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
A few weeks ago I was at the grocery store up the road from me, buying some wheat grass, two Mexican Cokes, a box of rice crispies treats and a microwave pizza at 12:30am. While on line at the checkout, which was surprisingly long for that hour of the night, this rather large older woman sees what I'm buying and ask me why I have something healthy and something else that isn't. Instead of saying the truth (the wheat grass was for my cat, the junk food was me to to enjoy while smoking weed and finishing Stranger Things) I just shrugged and didn't say anything.

She winks at me and says "ohh, a mysterious man of few words, I like that." I immediately looked uncomfortable and said nothing. I took out my phone and started messing with it, hoping she would take a hint. Instead, she did this nasty pressing her shoulder against mine thing and said "you look nice."

I took a step back and nervously said "thanks" without looking at her. She asked me if I was okay, I said nothing. She asked me something else, but at that point I stopped listening to her and was just staring at my phone. Finally, she took a hint and checked her things out and left. I checked my few items and paid, and as I left I saw several people on line—all of them women—were giggling at the whole scenario.

I went home and kept thinking: what if the genders were reversed? Would they laugh at it if a younger woman was made to feel uncomfortable by a nasty, older man? No. They would call that unacceptable, and they would be 100% right.

But when it's a woman doing it, it's okay.

And its not just men. I have heard from multiple women than occasionally, women who are interested in women will overstep their boundaries and be outright creepy toward other women. But the same psychopaths who march down the street for "womxn's liberation" have jack to say when a drunken woman touches another woman's rear without asking.

Why is it okay when women do it?

I have never met a single male who serves alcohol in a restaurant or bar who doesn't have a story about some woman making him feel uncomfortable. This usually happens with older women: they get a little booze in their system and suddenly they think it's okay to harass the bartender, server, etc. And from the reactions of management, other team members, and other guests, they apparently have the right to do so (I am the one manager who, if I saw that, would not hesitate to kick said woman out)

And spare me, spare me the whole "you're a big man who can defend himself so you don't feel threatened!" line. If I would have bunched that, or any other woman, who rubbed herself on me, I would be guilty of "violence against women" and we all know the fact that she started it would fall on deaf ears in the courts.

I love SJW logic: "men can't be harassed by women because they can defend themselves against women...but if a man does defend himself, he's guilty of violence against women."

Be it at a bar or at the grocery store or the gym, women should learn to respect people's dignity, just like men should.


This is going to come as a shock, but believe it or not, not all men find every female on Earth attractive, and not all men want attention from females.

Personally, I and many other men have been creeped out by women many times. I was as attracted to that woman or a few others who bothered me as your average female is to Harvey Weinstein. And yes, women and men have the right to reject anyone for any reason.

Just because they are females who think they are attractive does not mean they are entitled to whatever man on Earth they want, and it does not mean that men should feel any obligation to reciprocate the female's advances if he doesn't want to.

Why do women think they are entitled to whatever men they want to and think that they can get away with being disgusting and disrespectful?
Because men allow it. Read the comments every time a female teacher is caught having sex with a 13 or 14 year old boy. Most men make a joke out of it. "Gee, I wish she was my teacher..." or "Wow that's one lucky kid, ha ha ha". Until the men of this country admit that female pedophiles are a problem, how the heck will women sexually harassing ADULT men become a problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 06:24 PM
 
51,640 posts, read 41,606,703 times
Reputation: 32260
Op is an idiot. They get in trouble too. I know of a couple high ranking women that lost their jobs due to this. (Although the latest clearly climbed the corporate ladder on her back...and then got fired for getting caught as the top. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 06:28 PM
 
51,640 posts, read 41,606,703 times
Reputation: 32260
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Because men allow it. Read the comments every time a female teacher is caught having sex with a 13 or 14 year old boy. Most men make a joke out of it. "Gee, I wish she was my teacher..." or "Wow that's one lucky kid, ha ha ha". Until the men of this country admit that female pedophiles are a problem, how the heck will women sexually harassing ADULT men become a problem?
That's a whole new level of "blaming the victim".

I mean seriously, dismissing men from having legitimate claims about harassment because some guys make bad jokes about kids with their teachers?

Wow. Talk about grossly sexist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 06:29 PM
 
2,478 posts, read 4,850,856 times
Reputation: 4483
We live in a world of thin skinned wimps. "_____ asked me out on a date!! I was mortified!!! Stop sexual harrassment now!!!" Granted that's an exaggeration, but it's not too far off. We live in a world where if you say something that is a little bit on the ******* side, the other person is going to have a meltdown, freak out, curl up in the fetal position because mommy and daddy didn't raise them to be a mentally strong adult, therefore they will need therapy, decry sexual harrassment, and the weak minded individuals will call for the crucifixion of all males.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 06:51 PM
 
5,272 posts, read 2,281,429 times
Reputation: 14672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
We live in a world of thin skinned wimps. "_____ asked me out on a date!! I was mortified!!! Stop sexual harrassment now!!!" Granted that's an exaggeration, but it's not too far off. We live in a world where if you say something that is a little bit on the ******* side, the other person is going to have a meltdown, freak out, curl up in the fetal position because mommy and daddy didn't raise them to be a mentally strong adult, therefore they will need therapy, decry sexual harrassment, and the weak minded individuals will call for the crucifixion of all males.
+1. It's getting insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 07:00 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,147 posts, read 4,703,478 times
Reputation: 4817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's a whole new level of "blaming the victim".

I mean seriously, dismissing men from having legitimate claims about harassment because some guys make bad jokes about kids with their teachers?

Wow. Talk about grossly sexist.
That's what men of this country have consented to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2017, 07:19 PM
 
Location: The Land Mass Between NOLA and Mobile, AL
1,796 posts, read 1,354,419 times
Reputation: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
That's what men of this country have consented to.
Unfortunately that is the case. I will proclaim it until my dying breath: What is it that some folks find so hard to understand? No means no. Nothing else matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:33 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top