U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 02:29 PM

6,342 posts, read 8,751,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It's not OK.

So now you know what women go through, all day, every day, usually from about the time they hit puberty.
And that's exactly what I said and the entire point: crap like this happens to everyone.

Quote:
The interesting thing is, why did you let her do it? Examine your own thought processes and emotional reactions. Then maybe you'll start to get a grip on women's feelings about this issue.

I already addressed this: it was because it was an awkward situation and I didn't want to make it worse. Like I said, I am sure women and other men who go through the same thing have the same thoughts.

And when did I hint that women don't go through crap? I didn't. Of course they do. I am just saying that men go through this stuff too, only we don't get nearly as much understanding, as this thread illustrates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 02:30 PM

3,936 posts, read 2,215,741 times
To the OP...

No one has a right to invade your space and to make you feel the way that women did. You are completely in the right to have the feelings you have and no one should tell you otherwise. It’s how you felt.

It bothers me that there is this double standard and that many people feel that only women get harassed or assaulted. It doesn’t make men any less of a man if they are uncomfortable or upset for unwanted attention. Men should feel just as supported in their feelings about this as women are.

Don’t feel bad or ashamed in how you feel. Know that there are people out there who support males who experience harassment and assault and we don’t tolerate that kind of behavior from either sex.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:32 PM

4,959 posts, read 2,207,109 times
I (a male) was working night shift. I was sitting at a desk doing paper work when people standing around start laughing. I look up to see what is 'funny' and there is one of my co-workers (female) bent over, her pants down, mooning me not 12 inches from my face.

I just say 'Oh, shirt' and go back to my paper work.

Now, what do you think would have happened if the roles were reversed?

I would probably be stripped of my nursing license with maybe a felony offense on my record.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:35 PM

12,358 posts, read 7,755,529 times
You want to see street harassment, here you go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:L...isenstaedt.jpg

Old 11-18-2017, 02:37 PM

3,936 posts, read 2,215,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I (a male) was working night shift. I was sitting at a desk doing paper work when people standing around start laughing. I look up to see what is 'funny' and there is one of my co-workers (female) bent over, her pants down, mooning me not 12 inches from my face.

I just say 'Oh, shirt' and go back to my paper work.

Now, what do you think would have happened if the roles were reversed?

I would probably be stripped of my nursing license with maybe a felony offense on my record.

that should be reported. It is unprofessional and clearly puts you in an uncomfortable position.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:41 PM

4,046 posts, read 5,343,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
that should be reported. It is unprofessional and clearly puts you in an uncomfortable position.
I agree. Completely inappropriate. I wouldn't want to ignore that. Doing so makes people think they can pull stuff like that again and again.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:53 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,361,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I agree. Completely inappropriate. I wouldn't want to ignore that. Doing so makes people think they can pull stuff like that again and again.
I agree.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:21 PM

3,524 posts, read 962,977 times
Yeah not appropriate for anyone to do.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:31 PM

16,477 posts, read 16,590,547 times
Probably the same reason so many think it is no-biggie, kinda cute, when an adult female has a
sexual-relationship with an underaged male.....it is basically seen as acceptable by many.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:43 PM

6,353 posts, read 5,168,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Thanks Larry!

First thing Monday, I'll grab the cute redhead that works in the office around the waist and tell her how nice she looks.
No! Not at work! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or