U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 06:25 PM

9,893 posts, read 3,278,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I keep hearing how Trump was supposedly more articulate in his young days. This video doesn't demonstrate that. Even for someone in their 30s, his vocabulary indicates an IQ of about 102 at most.

https://youtu.be/0-w47wgdhso
102 surely you jest? Trump is one of the dumbest people i have ever seen at a higher level in politics.

Trump is just not smart enough to know how dumb he is, and he is surrounded by people who seem to be afraid of telling him the truth.

Trump never talks detailed policy, he never ever engages in detailed debate or discussion in public. Because he is out of his depth and he knows it.
Trump knows he is in over his head. But even knowing this I believe trump still over estimates his intelligence. He still seems to think he is smarter even though it is bloody obvious trump's wealth is based on dishonest behavior and extreme privilege. That wealth allows him to fool himself into thinking he is clever. His dad might have been, some of his siblings too. But Trump? naw the dude has the gift of the gab and little more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 06:35 PM

9,893 posts, read 3,278,150 times
Quote:
I can't find any. All interviews show that his IQ level is that on par with a high school graduate. It's just that we have such low standards for him.

IN the past i have challenged Trump supporters to post any video where Trump discusses policy in a detailed and granular way. None have ever come up with one.

i have at least half dozen posts on this site asking for any video where Trump talks about healthcare or tax reform or any important issue in a detailed way like we would see any number of leader discuss a topic.

there are hours and hours of every other POTUS in few decades where they discuss policy matters in detail, describing the inner workings, discussing pitfalls, and benefits etc...

Trump talks like an il prepare 8th grade debater. ie he attacks, talks loudly and makes lots of sweeping generalisations in place of discrete points and nuance...

Trump is simply not smart enough to deal with public policy like a real leader. he relies very heavily on others to understand and tell him what to do and think in public.

Trump has been promoted far beyond his skill set, Trump's best destiny would have been carnival barker.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:41 PM

14,380 posts, read 9,081,757 times
Quote:
Owning and selling property are not high cognitive tasks. Lots of low IQ people own real estate.

Don't forget having the money to get zoning bills passed, greasing the palms of city officials, etc.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:46 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,054,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
And yet he is a billionaire, owns property all over the world, has dated and married gorgeous women and is the President of the United States of America.

And you've done... ?
After being given Millions and then bailed out by Daddy more than once after losing it and using bankruptcy laws to stay afloat, yes such a success. Oh and it is doubtful he is a Billionaire any longer.

Doing Great, Thanks for asking.

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 11-17-2017 at 06:57 PM..

Old 11-17-2017, 06:47 PM

7,178 posts, read 6,471,667 times
A politician is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will actually look forward to the trip.Trump just tells you to go to hell.I like His honesty very refreshing.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:48 PM

7,492 posts, read 4,250,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
And yet he is a billionaire, owns property all over the world, has dated and married gorgeous women and is the President of the United States of America.

And you've done... ?

I wish I was that "unintelligent."

Old 11-17-2017, 06:49 PM

6,422 posts, read 4,181,378 times
Quote:
I keep hearing how Trump was supposedly more articulate in his young days. This video doesn't demonstrate that. Even for someone in their 30s, his vocabulary indicates an IQ of about 102 at most.

https://youtu.be/0-w47wgdhso
I fail to see anything in this video that would indicate he is inarticulate. Perhaps you are suffering under a mistaken idea that his accent as a New Yorker indicates a lower level of intelligence, as a result of watching old movies that use characters with thick northeastern accents to portray low life individuals. At one point in my life, growing up in Ohio, I had that mistaken belief. After actually living in the NYC area as well as Massachusetts for several years, I discovered that there are some very intelligent people living there that have the typical NY/Boston accents.

If this is the case, then it may well be you that is somewhat deficient in intelligence.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:56 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,054,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I fail to see anything in this video that would indicate he is inarticulate. Perhaps you are suffering under a mistaken idea that his accent as a New Yorker indicates a lower level of intelligence, as a result of watching old movies that use characters with thick northeastern accents to portray low life individuals. At one point in my life, growing up in Ohio, I had that mistaken belief. After actually living in the NYC area as well as Massachusetts for several years, I discovered that there are some very intelligent people living there that have the typical NY/Boston accents.

If this is the case, then it may well be you that is somewhat deficient in intelligence.
Anyone that thinks trumps speaking issues is only his NY accent should not be questioning anyone else's intelligence

Old 11-17-2017, 06:58 PM

6,422 posts, read 4,181,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Anyone that thinks trumps speaking issues is only his NY accent should not be questioning anyone else's intelligence
Then lets hear what you see in that video that makes him inarticulate. So far, even the person who posted the video has failed to outline that.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:59 PM

11,436 posts, read 17,155,408 times
Default Even a young Trump doesn't sound intelligent

It doesn't matter Trump is still the president for 7 more years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies