Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 12:47 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Let's make a comparison to this video.

https://youtu.be/7XGi3FGVmA0
Not hard to look more articulate than Mr. Choom Gang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 12:54 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
102 surely you jest? Trump is one of the dumbest people i have ever seen at a higher level in politics.

Trump is just not smart enough to know how dumb he is, and he is surrounded by people who seem to be afraid of telling him the truth.

Trump never talks detailed policy, he never ever engages in detailed debate or discussion in public. Because he is out of his depth and he knows it.
Trump knows he is in over his head. But even knowing this I believe trump still over estimates his intelligence. He still seems to think he is smarter even though it is bloody obvious trump's wealth is based on dishonest behavior and extreme privilege. That wealth allows him to fool himself into thinking he is clever. His dad might have been, some of his siblings too. But Trump? naw the dude has the gift of the gab and little more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
IN the past i have challenged Trump supporters to post any video where Trump discusses policy in a detailed and granular way. None have ever come up with one.

i have at least half dozen posts on this site asking for any video where Trump talks about healthcare or tax reform or any important issue in a detailed way like we would see any number of leader discuss a topic.

there are hours and hours of every other POTUS in few decades where they discuss policy matters in detail, describing the inner workings, discussing pitfalls, and benefits etc...

Trump talks like an il prepare 8th grade debater. ie he attacks, talks loudly and makes lots of sweeping generalisations in place of discrete points and nuance...

Trump is simply not smart enough to deal with public policy like a real leader. he relies very heavily on others to understand and tell him what to do and think in public.

Trump has been promoted far beyond his skill set, Trump's best destiny would have been carnival barker.
OUCH! ...but, certainly not untrue.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:15 PM

10,522 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually that business he inherited, he became president of and made much of that wealth he inherited

But hey, dont let facts stand in your way

Not letting facts stand in my way. What I say stands.

Inheriting massive wealth is MASSIVELY advantageous.

If Trump did nothing and just left what he inherited in the bank, he would be just as wealthy, if not more wealthy according to various reports.

He also has a history of bankruptcy - he has had to file for bankruptcy 6 times for his companies.

He also has a history of ripping people off and not paying them.

https://www.indy100.com/article/it-t...74--b1lhFdzt_g

Old 11-18-2017, 01:52 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Not letting facts stand in my way. What I say stands.

Inheriting massive wealth is MASSIVELY advantageous.

If Trump did nothing and just left what he inherited in the bank, he would be just as wealthy, if not more wealthy according to various reports.

He also has a history of bankruptcy - he has had to file for bankruptcy 6 times for his companies.

He also has a history of ripping people off and not paying them.

https://www.indy100.com/article/it-t...74--b1lhFdzt_g
Lol

Real estate is a poor investment engine. Good investors would never put their money into real estate at similar proportions to that of capital assets.

If Donny was smart as he claims, he would have left real estate and put his money in the stock index.

Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He Had Invested in Index Funds | Fortune

Old 11-18-2017, 11:24 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Instead of maturing, he's actually regressed.

He's become more immature with age.
I read how he once said during some interview that he "is the same as he was when seven" or "hadn't changed since he was seven".

He said it himself. (Yet he was likely referring to his "being just as tough" or something).

Old 11-18-2017, 11:39 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,284 times
Quote:
I keep hearing how Trump was supposedly more articulate in his young days. This video doesn't demonstrate that. Even for someone in their 30s, his vocabulary indicates an IQ of about 102 at most.

https://youtu.be/0-w47wgdhso
Funny how he no longer has that heavy New York City accent.

He also is saying things that would make conservatives heads burst (the cities are going to make a big comeback, specifically the inner cities)

Old 11-18-2017, 11:48 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It doesn't matter Trump is still the president for 7 more years
If our country is really that naive and ignorant to elect him a second time....then we will truly lose our standing in the world as the leader of the world. I think we already have though. That may not be important to you as an individual but it will cost us

Old 11-19-2017, 01:14 AM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You do not even know your Fearless Leaders background? Use Google and do some reading.

Here is another one for ya, he has been a Life Long Democrat.
When did you renounce your U.S. citizenship ?

Old 11-19-2017, 01:19 AM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Lol

Real estate is a poor investment engine. Good investors would never put their money into real estate at similar proportions to that of capital assets.

If Donny was smart as he claims, he would have left real estate and put his money in the stock index.

Donald Trump Would Be Richer If He Had Invested in Index Funds | Fortune
It wasn't as much about money as it was trying to earn his father's approval, which some might classify as trying to earn his father's love.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,284 times
Trump is a buffoon but I don't think this video is a good example of his buffoonery. He actually makes some pretty good predictions

He predicted that the cities would come back, and they did, albeit at the expense of the suburbs.

Which makes me suspect that he isn't really dumb but probably has dementia or alzheimers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies