U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2017, 08:05 PM
 
10,792 posts, read 2,671,797 times
Reputation: 5010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Bannon is your typical Goldman Sachs/coastal elitist who worships the rich like Trump and hates the middle and working classes. No different than your average Republican.
You couldn't be more wrong. Read Devil's Bargain, the bestseller about how Bannon helped Trump win.

“Goldman then was a very different place than it is today. A very small partnership…Not only did partners have their own money on the line, but they held unlimited liability if an investment went wrong… These circumstances instilled a rigor that Bannon…and other Wall Street veterans-turned-critics believe was lost when investment banks became publicly traded companies that felt free to gamble with shareholders’ money.

“Goldman in the eighties was like a priesthood,” said Bannon. “A monastic experience where you worked all the time [often 100 hrs/wk] but were incredibly dedicated to client services, to building and growing companies.…Somebody once told me, ‘The river of history runs deep through Goldmans… because you’re at the forefront of helping the country restructure into a post-industrial economy.’ We believed that.”

“Cut to twenty years later," Bannon said “and Wall Street is a casino that taxpayers have to bail out I soured on Wall Street for the same reason everyone else did...the American taxpayer was forced to cut mook deals to bail out Wall Street. It was totally unfair."


Watch the video and you will hear him address the problem and more. He's a brilliant guy who is unfairly portrayed in the media. Can't imagine why so many are afraid to think for themselves. Fear of the truth? Instead you criticize his appearance. He never did drugs and only drank during his last marriage to an alcoholic bipolar druggie. His drug of choice seems to be food in large quantities although now he's on a doctor's diet.

 
Old 11-19-2017, 08:07 PM
 
Location: The Land Mass Between NOLA and Mobile, AL
1,796 posts, read 1,354,419 times
Reputation: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Breitbart News is His baby, have you read their stuff, they have pretty much proven they are the alt-right and have a long history of racist stands. Go read their stuff or do a google search and you will learn all you need to know.
Like I said before, I rejoiced when Bannon was banned.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 10:10 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,158 posts, read 33,583,941 times
Reputation: 14143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Breitbart News is His baby, have you read their stuff, they have pretty much proven they are the alt-right and have a long history of racist stands. Go read their stuff or do a google search and you will learn all you need to know.


I'm not finding it. Care to pick out something we can both agree is racist.
 
Old 11-19-2017, 11:52 PM
 
10,792 posts, read 2,671,797 times
Reputation: 5010
Gosh, if Bannon and Breitbart are racist, who are all those nonwhite people working for them? Hey, maybe they identify as white?
 
Old 11-20-2017, 03:37 AM
 
Location: California
30,513 posts, read 33,327,796 times
Reputation: 25987
I haven't found Breitbart to be racist but I'll admit I'm not a frequent reader. When I have spent time on the sight what I do see in plain talk and plain facts that, in today's PC climate, can probably look racist to people who aren't used to seeing things spelled out. We'll never get past racism if we can't face facts head on but I'm pretty sure the goal is to NOT get past racism. If you look around and compare the country today to where it was 20 years ago I'm sure you'll agree.
 
Old 11-20-2017, 05:38 AM
 
Location: Here and now.
11,917 posts, read 3,599,052 times
Reputation: 12844
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. Read Devil's Bargain, the bestseller about how Bannon helped Trump win.

“Goldman then was a very different place than it is today. A very small partnership…Not only did partners have their own money on the line, but they held unlimited liability if an investment went wrong… These circumstances instilled a rigor that Bannon…and other Wall Street veterans-turned-critics believe was lost when investment banks became publicly traded companies that felt free to gamble with shareholders’ money.

“Goldman in the eighties was like a priesthood,” said Bannon. “A monastic experience where you worked all the time [often 100 hrs/wk] but were incredibly dedicated to client services, to building and growing companies.…Somebody once told me, ‘The river of history runs deep through Goldmans… because you’re at the forefront of helping the country restructure into a post-industrial economy.’ We believed that.”

“Cut to twenty years later," Bannon said “and Wall Street is a casino that taxpayers have to bail out I soured on Wall Street for the same reason everyone else did...the American taxpayer was forced to cut mook deals to bail out Wall Street. It was totally unfair."


Watch the video and you will hear him address the problem and more. He's a brilliant guy who is unfairly portrayed in the media. Can't imagine why so many are afraid to think for themselves. Fear of the truth? Instead you criticize his appearance. He never did drugs and only drank during his last marriage to an alcoholic bipolar druggie. His drug of choice seems to be food in large quantities although now he's on a doctor's diet.
Okay, I watched it, and it changed my opinion not at all. Is it too much for you to comprehend that some people who disagree with Bannon may do so because they know what he says, and not out of ignorance or fear? The man has occasionally said things with which I agree, particularly regarding useless wars, but I tend to judge people by their fruits, and I haven't seen many tasty ones falling from this tree.
 
Old 11-20-2017, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Gone
25,235 posts, read 13,999,179 times
Reputation: 5916
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm not finding it. Care to pick out something we can both agree is racist.
Of-course you cannot find it, you only see what supports you POV, that is not news Bent.
 
Old 11-20-2017, 08:23 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,158 posts, read 33,583,941 times
Reputation: 14143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Of-course you cannot find it, you only see what supports you POV, that is not news Bent.
I got nothing to prove here. You made the accusation. I need to see the evidence, and you will quickly change my mind.
So far, I just see feelings and emotions being in question.
 
Old 11-20-2017, 09:03 AM
 
14,619 posts, read 3,878,225 times
Reputation: 10651
Bannon surely started and continued a LOT of those "useless wars" when he was top advisor. I must not remember - Trump wanted to increase the Military Budget (already bloated beyond comprehension). I don't remember Bannon speaking out against it.

It all ties in. The guy enjoys making up stories. Hollywood.
 
Old 11-20-2017, 09:05 AM
 
14,619 posts, read 3,878,225 times
Reputation: 10651
Anyone who has read the comments section in BB.....for the years prior to the election...would have a hard time denying the racism and bigotry. The stuff was being flung so deeply that I can't even repeat it here.

And yet - with moderators - Bannon knew everything that was going on. Everything. He's not a racist - he just controls and stands behind millions of them cheering them on, right?

Funny stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top