U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 06:40 PM

1,545 posts, read 2,286,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I've been saying this pretty much since the Harvey Weinstein story broke and I've mostly been ignored, but I think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The Russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan B. First comes Harvey, then comes a laundry list of Hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, Trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up Trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "In the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down Donald Trump.

I may be ignored or mocked or have my judgement questioned for saying this but in a few months time many people will be singing the same tune and it will seem obvious in retrospect.

I agree you will be mocked, and for good reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 06:44 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,359,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
I agree you will be mocked, and for good reason.
I agree with you that "UncleBully" should be mocked. Why not? Such people cannot be reasoned with in the long run. Let me blow your collective minds out: SJWs have been conspiring to make people go crazy. Guess what? That strategy has been working.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:12 PM

1,765 posts, read 3,753,214 times
I don't know why or how the Harvey Weinstein outing did it, but I for one am completely glad that this issue has finally gotten the attention it needs. So many of us have experienced serious sexual harassment. Sadly I fear it will move to the backburner again. But I have never seen this as a partisan issue and frankly don't understand why people seem to wantto take it there. That's what so many seem not to understand. The MeToo movement is about making women aware that they are not alone and from that many have felt that maybe - MAYBE - not they may not be as vilified and humilated disclosing what happened to them. IT is hard for people who have not experienced it to understand. Elsewhere in these forums many months before MeToo I shared my own experiences of secual harassment. I have not shared some of those experiences with people very close to me for so many complicated reasons. But while I recieved support from some posters I received ridicule from others. It is so hard to come forward with this sort of thing for exactly these reasons. People accuse you of trying to undermine your boss or making more of a situation than what was really going one....when in reality you are really downplaying things. The reason for the avalanche right now? It is not political....it is a backlog of years of pain and humiliation of women who finally think maybe - MAYBE - they may be taken seriously. But obviously that is not true across the board. Their stories are still falling upon the ears of people who think they are motivated by ill motives and spite. I hope more can open their ears and hearts. Everyone knows someone touched by this......they just may not have told you those stories.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:16 PM

3,489 posts, read 954,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I don't know why or how the Harvey Weinstein outing did it, but I for one am completely glad that this issue has finally gotten the attention it needs. So many of us have experienced serious sexual harassment. Sadly I fear it will move to the backburner again. But I have never seen this as a partisan issue and frankly don't understand why people seem to wantto take it there. That's what so many seem not to understand. The MeToo movement is about making women aware that they are not alone and from that many have felt that maybe - MAYBE - not they may not be as vilified and humilated disclosing what happened to them. IT is hard for people who have not experienced it to understand. Elsewhere in these forums many months before MeToo I shared my own experiences of secual harassment. I have not shared some of those experiences with people very close to me for so many complicated reasons. But while I recieved support from some posters I received ridicule from others. It is so hard to come forward with this sort of thing for exactly these reasons. People accuse you of trying to undermine your boss or making more of a situation than what was really going one....when in reality you are really downplaying things. The reason for the avalanche right now? It is not political....it is a backlog of years of pain and humiliation of women who finally think maybe - MAYBE - they may be taken seriously. But obviously that is not true across the board. Their stories are still falling upon the ears of people who think they are motivated by ill motives and spite. I hope more can open their ears and hearts. Everyone knows someone touched by this......they just may not have told you those stories.
I think some want to make it partisan as part of the narrative that the other side is evil and completely garbage. Itís really just a people issue. No one is infallible.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:19 PM

35,259 posts, read 19,292,205 times
^^^^
This

Old 11-18-2017, 07:19 PM

21,562 posts, read 14,362,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I've been saying this pretty much since the Harvey Weinstein story broke and I've mostly been ignored, but I think it's been the goal since the very beginning. The Russian collusion story is taking too long to wield any real results so it is time to go to plan B. First comes Harvey, then comes a laundry list of Hollywood stars, then some state level congressmen, then some national level congressmen and then, at long last, Trump himself. Careers destroyed and precedents set but it's all just collateral damage.

You are already seeing people bringing up Trump stories that they haven't brought up since the election. "In the context of the recent allegations..." posts and articles are starting to pop up and you are going to start seeing more of it. All of it, every allegation, every career that's been halted in its tracks, every apology made and every reputation destroyed have all just been props used to set the stage for the final act, taking down Donald Trump.

I may be ignored or mocked or have my judgement questioned for saying this but in a few months time many people will be singing the same tune and it will seem obvious in retrospect.
You think the claims are false against the Pu**y Grabber in Chief? I'd say the claims, stretching back over two decades, are likely all true, and I say this because Trump admitted it already. He's a "star", they "let you do that".

Yea, all this talk about Roy Moore when we have a sexual deviant and serial predator in the White House.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:24 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,359,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You think the claims are false against the Pu**y Grabber in Chief? I'd say the claims, stretching back over two decades, are likely all true, and I say this because Trump admitted it already. He's a "star", they "let you do that".

Yea, all this talk about Roy Moore when we have a sexual deviant and serial predator in the White House.
Are you OK? Do you need to talk about it? I'm well aware that #45 is a predator. That, in and of itself, does not excuse haphazard keyboard operations.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:10 PM

11,696 posts, read 3,201,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
You're precisely right. It's politically convenient to sacrifice Bill Clinton right now. Franken will get a pass because he's still valuable. This is all about trying to turn it into a Trump witch hunt. It didn't happen organically either. The left wing think tanks dream up the strategy, they essentially give the talking points to the liberal media and off to the twitter and the posting forums go the bots to interject every mention of sexual assault with "yeahbutTrump". It's ok, it's kind of entertaining. The second I see someone posting or tweeting "yeahbutTrump" I know they're regurgitating someone else's talking points and have nothing to offer themselves. It's like a slow, drunk throwing a hay-maker at you. You see it coming a mile away & it's not going to land.
Bingo....re the bolded.

One can already see that with the mental gymnastics and rationalization employed (re Franken's behavior) by some progressive women in other threads.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:24 PM

11,696 posts, read 3,201,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Re your posts, you appear to still be as upset about the result of the election as you were a year ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are still this upset two decades from now.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:57 PM

20,676 posts, read 8,821,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Re your posts, you appear to still be as upset about the result of the election as you were a year ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are still this upset two decades from now.
Honestly, no one is still upset about the election So please stop playing that card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or